PS4 FAQ - What We Know

Vyrastas

Same as you, launch edition. Hope you don't have any problems, I really do.

Going into safe mode and Rebuild Database usually fixes it for a couple of days or maybe weeks but it really sucks to play knowing it can "decide" to eject/shut down at any moment.

If I were you then, I'd look into getting a PS4 pro/slim for the future instead of saying you are done with consoles. These issues should be fixed on the latter as I haven't heard anything wrong with them (technical wise).

At least then you won't be worrying about these problems.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you then, I'd look into getting a PS4 pro/slim for the future instead of saying you are done with consoles. These issues should be fixed on the latter as I haven't heard anything wrong with them (technical wise).

Agreed. The current models don't have any of these problems so you don't have to worry about them :).

Edited by Terminator
Update.

I'm definitely done with buying consoles on release to be a beta tester for the Slim version, it's just that and planned obsolescence if you ask me, the same happened with the PS3 and YLOD.

And I can't really afford a console right now, unless I sell this broken one.

Edited by jvaferreira

• 1 month later...

Can the PS+ be shared for online play?

Asking this because my brother just called me to tell me that his PS+ membership ended and he doesn't feel it worth $70 when he only play 1 game online.

In my console, I have my main account with PS+ and a secondary account without PS+. I can play online fine with my secondary account.

If I let my brother have my main account in his console, does this also let him play online in his account?

Edited by AegisAvenger

Can the PS+ be shared for online play?

Asking this because my brother just called me that his PS+ membership ended and he doesn't feel it worth $70 when he only play 1 game online.

In my console, I have my main account with PS+ and a secondary account without PS+. I can play online fine with my secondary account.

If I let my brother have my main account in his console, does this also let him play online in his account?

Yes.

If you put your online account on his PS4 and set his PS4 to your account's 'Primary Console', then both of you will be able to benefit from PS+ while both of you are on your own accounts. (Your account only needs to be on his PS4, he doesn't even need to have access to it.)

Source: I have 5 PS4s, so I'm constantly juggling PS+ accounts...

One primary console per account.

That means you can only set one console as your primary on any account, but any given console can have as many accounts as you like. My main PS4 is the primary console to three accounts.

If you and your brother both have your brother's PS4 set as your primary console, you will both be able to play online at the same time, when ever you like, without any issues.

The only time he will need to change the setting is if your brother wants to play online on his account on another PS4. You, on the other hand, can move freely between PS4s without changing this setting.

Edited by Metdevil

One primary console per account.

That means you can only set one console as your primary on any account, but any given console can have as many accounts as you like. My main PS4 is the primary console to three accounts.

If you and your brother both have your brother's PS4 set as your primary console, you will both be able to play online at the same time, when ever you like, without any issues.

The only time he will need to change the setting is if your brother wants to play online on his account on another PS4. You, on the other hand, can move freely between PS4s without changing this setting.

Thanks a lot! It sounded confusing at first but I get it now.

I might try to convince him we pay together for PS+ on my main account now that he use mine.

• 3 months later...

Is there anyway to make 1 specific person in my friend list no longer be able to see my ''Recent Activities'' and my Trophy List? I still want those enabled to the public.

I have an annoying friend who keep texting me or phone calling me every time he see me play a new game.

I am starting to see why Rockstar mocked Facebook by calling it ''Life Invaders'' in GTA V...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got an issue with my PS4 user profile... When I first got my PS4 it decided to name it after my actual name. While my memory is hazy, I certainly didn't type all that in, but I probably figured it wouldn't be a big deal... Because I didn't know at the time it would use that instead of my PSN name whenever it announces what I did recently, and I rather it wouldn't. Sure I have my privacy set to friend-only but...

Can I simply change my user name? It doesn't seem to be an option, just deleting the user account altogether and making a new one, which seems extreme. I could do that, but is there anything I should know before I delete the profile?

No, it's not my PSN, it's the PS4 system profile (whatever its called) you 'log into' upon booting up. My PSN is almost the same as my username here and dates back to 2009 or so. Unfortunately, it seems the PS4 uses your PS4 profile name instead of your PSN name when it announces your activities.

Unless you meant changing my PSN's provided name could also solve this issue, but I'd assume the PS4 profile wouldn't actually change.

No, it's not my PSN, it's the PS4 system profile (whatever its called) you 'log into' upon booting up. My PSN is almost the same as my username here and dates back to 2009 or so. Unfortunately, it seems the PS4 uses your PS4 profile name instead of your PSN name when it announces your activities.

Unless you meant changing my PSN's provided name could also solve this issue, but I'd assume the PS4 profile wouldn't actually change.

My bad, I think we've got crossed wires on this as I thought you were talking about something completely different :o. In that case I don't have a clue, sorry :(.

My own searching seems to have come up with 'no, you can't change a PS4 profile', only make another one you'll actually like. The only thing is though will my save data work on a new profile, because I know the PS3 had at least some games that didn't let you play saved data from another user. I probably wouldn't miss the data though as I've only played 3 games so far.

I don't believe you can change the name it displays on the profile when you sign a user into it. I'm fairly certain it sets it to whatever your name on the PSN account is. You might be able to change that, I haven't tried before.

It won't show your account name/real name on activities to other people unless they real name request you. It'll only show your PSN ID.

If you wanted to make a different account and try you could back up your saves from your current account, then deactivate it and delete it from the system. Then make a new account and don't add a PSN account to it until after you try and name it. Then sign into your account on it and put your saves on the new account.

Edited by Gage

Yeah, after all that, my new profile seemed to be renamed upon logging in since it looks exactly like before, though I haven't done anything to update the activity feed to confirm. I'm guessing my actual name is only appearing on my end, since I'm me and thus have permission to see my own name... even if I don't want to. I haven't played online yet, so that's probably it. I could ask my bro what he sees but I'm convinced now that it's just a confusing quirk.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Is my PS4 breaking down or is it just the game? For the past month I been mostly playing assassins creed odyssey. And when I play 2-5 hours at a time it freezes up, starts to go in slow motion. I’ve played Mortal Kombat 11 off and on as well but didn’t experience this problem with this game. But I play assassins creed a lot longer then MK 11. So I’m not sure if it’s game problem or a PS4 problem? Do I need to replace my PS4?

• 1 year later...