Rate the trophy difficulty  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.56

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't voted, but am wondering how difficult the Arcade levels are. It is a shame the demo only lets you play one story level, as it seems the Arcade levels are what make or break players achieving 100% on the game. As it stands, I think I'm going to wait until this goes on sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just got 100%, and this is a solid 8 solely because of the arcade mode 3-star trophy. That thing is controller-throwing, screaming, crazy frustrating and stupid. Some of those levels require perfect runs and comboing the whole level and the timing is so tight if you miss a single shot or reload at the wrong time you lose it. It's complete crap and totally ruins what is otherwise a fun game. I really liked the story mode, but after suffering through the arcade, I hate it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Yeah, I got some of the levels done the first time I went for the 3 stars, but overall I think I spent more time getting that 3-star trophy than I did beating the story 2+ times.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
its free now? Anyone got a updated difficulty rating?

I tested the game on my test user, but the Arcade i vary hard. There is no hint to what tha maximum point for 3 stars. Thats sucks. Maybe if you upgrade youreelf up fully, then could be a lot easier. The other thing is, yiu have to practice a lot. As i know 10 Arcade levels are.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Personal vote: 4

Casual gamer vote: between 4-6

This turned out to be much more fun than I thought it would be. I would say that you'll probably have to get used to the mechanics of the game (especially the duels, which I thought were dumb), but once you do, the game becomes really good. Hard difficulty really isn't that hard at all for a first-person shooter, but as everyone has said, the real difficulty comes with the arcade mode. You have to be very quick and move at a fast pace, and be wise with your concentration. The ones that proved hardest for me were the first one, the Apache warriors one, and the bar ones. Oh, and shooting the chicken during a duel was for some reason hard for me to do. But, everything else you'll either get normally, or the video guide on this site will help.

• 3 weeks later...

I originally voted 8 but I can see now that it's more of a 7.

• Story mode is pretty easy with only one or two tougher sections (but mostly due to frustration not challenge).
  • Duels can be frustrating since the mechanics just aren't very intuitive (R2, then quickly flick R3 to activate aiming reticule then R2 again to shoot).
  • Arcade mode takes a lot of skill but even more patience and planning (mapping out your route, identifying barrels to keep your combo up before new enemies spawn, knowing when to reload). Just like Mirror's edge time runs or other games with long sections not allowing any errors, these can be really frustrating and requiring more patience and calm methodical approaches than skill.

All in all very fun, especially if you're a bit OCD and enjoy trying to get that arcade run "just right". Too bad there's no plat -- PSN non-plats seem kinda arbitrary IMO.

Edited by br8ssmunky

• 4 months later...

Givin' this a 6/10

3-Star Arcade mode is definitely the hardest of the bunch; It seems nigh impossible at first and you'd need the gaming skill of a MLG Pro to keep a combo going. But it all comes to you after about 5-10 full runs of a map and the class perks to go with it. I actually went against the guide up until the final two maps, Gunslinger seemed far better to keep the speed and consistency needed. I had a lot of trouble with the Trapper's shotgun being inconsistent at anything but point blank range, that and having to be constantly reloading never felt comfortable.

Everything else is really straight forward. It'd be a 3 without the arcade challenge. I have to say, normally I get annoyed with games by the time I 100% them, not the case here. The style, the story, the pace, the duels, and the music all hit on every level; I enjoyed this the moment I started, to the time I ended with a 74 kill combo at Guadalupe Canyon.

This game was BAD ASS and I'd recommend it to everyone who loves a good shooter.

• 1 year later...
Voted 5/10.

Story mode won't give you too much of a challenge. Most of the difficulty is in the Arcade mode, but after you get the hang of it and understand the mechanics, you can get three stars on the last couple of levels in less than 3 tries. I did anyway...

That's just because the last couple levels are objectively easier... the hardest two are gold rush and the Indian one, the last levels are cake.

I gave it a 7 but I understand why people give it lower

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Accidentally voted 3, but it should've been a 4 or 5. I think the difficulty on this game is overrated. Yeah it can be a bit stupid at times, but once you get all the abilities the game becomes easy and you don't have to play on True West (which isn't all that bad for the most part). The only Arcade missions are hard is the one in the mine and maybe the survival ones; even then, they're about learning the enemies' spawns, knowing when to run n' gun and using your concentration as you might be empty on it when you need it most.

The difficulty would be higher if it had the achievements from Xbox and Steam where you have to complete the duel challenge; all your opponents killed honorably in the same run with limited retries, or win a duel honorably in less than 0.6 seconds. I find those two to be tougher than the Arcade missions.

Edited by Lunas1172