Rate the trophy difficulty  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.14

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 5 months later...

Personal platinum time: 94 hours

Difficulty: 4

Not a very difficult game if you grind, grind, grind. You start out extremely weak, but after about 10 hours or so of grinding rabbits (with the two quests you can get which are kill 10/30 rabbits, repeatable) in the beginning of the game you'll have a decent amount of money and skill points to get the ball rolling.

Make a mage and give him Comet and as much INT as you can get. Make a serious personality priest as soon as you can. Get escape and search asap. Max out thief (for Thief King class mastery) and then get limit break for prisoner on every character you use. These two passive skills are some of the best in the game. Don't focus too much on the first 3 story characters you get, start recruiting your own team when you open more party slots.

Later in the game turn your mage into a shaman. It's a male only class that gets access to strong area effect attacks and party-wide support skills. I pretty much ignored my other characters after I got my main the shaman card.

I had to play actively for about 72 hours to get every trophy except "An Apple a Day". I had 600,000/1,000,000 steps required after I obtained every other trophy, and the other 400k took about 20 hours using a rubber band.

Overall though, not too bad. The game has a lot of customization to keep loot hunters/grinders interested, and a lot of post game content.

Edited by NovaSD

Since time doesn't factor i voted a 2, like all rpgs you can grind a few levels if you are having trouble. My total time was 135hr and 59 minutes. I didn't do as well as the above poster. However I too had to grind out footsteps after getting all the other trophies. Everything in this game is a grind, from the side quest to the titles and everything in between. I would also recommend starting as a mage. I made the mistake of starting as a prisoner and it added about 40 total hours to my time. If you decide to attempt this platinum Good Luck. if you hate grinding this is not the game for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 4.

The game is all grind. Not much of a challenge on any front besides getting the will to continue to grind really.

That being said, I actually enjoyed the game a lot. The character customization is a blast and very deep. I thought the combat system was fun as well. I just wish the titles weren't such a chore.

Total play time: 133:07

• 2 weeks later...

I give this a pretty solid 4.

While the bosses have some rather severe difficulty spikes, taking the time to grind up levels & skills and making sure to abuse every buff you can before heading into the fight can often turn an almost certain defeat into an almost certain victory.

The 1,000,000 steps trophy and the titles trophy are absolutely the biggest grinds of the game. Neither are highly difficult per se, but they are extremely time consuming to the point of almost being a platinum-breaker.

• 1 year later...

Finally finished the grind. my complete time as 101 hours. the first 50 or 60 hours was story mode and messing around. after that was quest grinding for another 20 or so hours. I got lost a lot, the maps are horrible and any hints on where to so at times are very bad. the last 30 hours or so was title grinding and leaving the vita on for walking. If it was not for the title collector or the walking distance I would of not got so bored of playing the game.

• 2 months later...

Gave it a 7; the game isn't difficult if you spec more or less decently your party / main character. But the trophy that requires you to get 80-something titles is hell. Yes, time consuming shouldn't factor into difficulty but it's one thing when you've to spend 20 hours to get a trophy and a very different one when you need to spend 50+~.

I finished the main campaign + endgame in about 60 hours and as is the case with everybody, there are two trophies left: the 1M steps [which isn't difficult, just grindy] and the titles' trophy which is an outright nightmare. Some of the titles require you to amass ridiculous amounts of money, others require you level each a class to 99 [and trust me, past lvl 50 it becomes unbearably slow] and let's not forget that we can't get 4 titles unless we purchase the DLC packs, making the matter even more egregious [i don't buy the rumor that Judges drop cards, nobody to this day has posted confirmation of this]~.

All that said, it's a really fun game, if you like fiddling with stats and party building. Grinding / powerleveling / farming for gear have always been guilty pleasures of mine~.