• Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath
    • Command & Conquer Red Alert 3/Uprising
    • Command & Conquer 4 Tiberium Twilight

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a huge fan of the C&C games. I have been playing them for about 5 years now. My favorite game of the bunch is Kanes Wrath but unfortunately I am one of those people that have very little skill but much love for the game.

I am not good at C&C. I do love the game a lot though and even watch replays of all the pros very often. In fact everyday. I for whatever reason have no good strategy and maybe I'm just not that fast on the keyboard but I do really appreciate the game.

I thought that Red Alert 3 would have overtaken KW but I found out after that nothing is as good as KW for me. Between all the factions and all the replays and articles I have read about what the top players say, Its my favorite and probably will always be. Especially after that turd C&C4.

Favorite faction for KW : Steel Talons

Favorite faction for RA3: Soviets

Lousy at both of them though!

Well the game isn't actually that much keyboard heavy. I actually rarely even use the keyboard except for grouping. I'm fast enough with my mouse to do all the micro and macro management

Do you by chance ever play the tourneys at game replays or submit any replays for review? I need to get better brother. I mean mine is a sad situation. I literally have no strat or micro ability. I try and practice on skirmish but just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Then I end up watching the replays of the pros and realize I should just enjoy the game as a spectator rather than in competitive play lol! Its ok though I'm fine with it.

Do you by chance ever play the tourneys at game replays or submit any replays for review? I need to get better brother. I mean mine is a sad situation. I literally have no strat or micro ability. I try and practice on skirmish but just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Then I end up watching the replays of the pros and realize I should just enjoy the game as a spectator rather than in competitive play lol! Its ok though I'm fine with it.

I never played competetive to be honest.. I mean I did play a few ranked matches a few years back in C&C3.. but unfortunately.. at that time, there was a major game update that changed almost every tactic possible and I quit. 1 of the things they changed is that you can't build defensive turrets/structures via the second/third and up defensive tab. This was really annoying. Made base rushes nigh impossible (Base rush is when you basically turn your NOD con yard in a walker and walk it up to the enemy base while your turrets were on hold in the def. bar. and when you deploy your con yard, your turrets bassically obliterate any enemy troops at that time, tooked less than 3 minutes to win a match with this tactic). I mostly play for the fun of it with my friend via hamachi. We mostly play Generals and we stacked up quite the amount of replays xD.. around 76 to be precise. It's mostly steam roller+turtle style of play.

http://s20.postimg.org/su5m2a40t/rplys.png

I just play for the fun of it. :p

Edited by K1NG_NAZARA

In case anyone missed it or didn't know there was a live demo well, kinda live demo of the new Command & Conquer and it won't be pay to win, you can unlock everything just by playing oh and there is a single player campaign of sorts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuHGrw0AEl8]Command & Conquer Gameplay Demo - IGN Live - E3 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Damn that frostbite engine looks good :drool:

I'm sceptical and I'm gonna hold my tongue about G2. Won't praise it, won't rip on it. I'm going to be patient and just wait for the release. And as a gamer that doesn't give 2 shits about graphics, I just want a good C&C rts like TW, TS, RA2, G:ZH. That's all I ask. I don't want another TT incident.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I found about this only today.

So what did I find?

I found a C&C Zero:Hour Mod that adds all factions from the Red Alert and Tiberium universes.

So you can play as GDI/NOD/Mutants/Allies/Soviets/Yuri/GLA/China/USA

I was a little sceptical at first but I downloaded it, tried it and now I can't stop playing it. It's an amazing mod

Download and Website:

CnC All Stars: A C&C Generals: Zero Hour Total Conversion Mod

If you have Z:H... You must try this

• 5 months later...
To be honest everything I've read about what the new C&C was going to be like, I'm not surprised it was cancelled.

It had a "few" good ideas behind it but... yeah. It's still isn't the same. I just want the hectic fast paced C&C back.

But I wonder what are they gonna do now... Back to RA/T? or finally the next generals?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i had trouble choosing between RA2 and tiberian sun but i went with tiberian sun. it just left the biggest impression on me back then.

the firestorm expansion didn't add too much good for me years later though. limpet drones were completely useless in anything but fog of war mode and my favorite unit: the nod artillery was nerved and became useless against moving targets. it was the perfect base defense weapon :(

building walls around the base became far less annoying though and the story mode was enjoyable but skirmish was my favorite mode.

fun fact: i still play these 2 games on a casual base and i plan to purchase the complete pack one day.

Edited by SIE

• 2 months later...
i had trouble choosing between RA2 and tiberian sun but i went with tiberian sun. it just left the biggest impression on me back then.

the firestorm expansion didn't add too much good for me years later though. limpet drones were completely useless in anything but fog of war mode and my favorite unit: the nod artillery was nerved and became useless against moving targets. it was the perfect base defense weapon :(

building walls around the base became far less annoying though and the story mode was enjoyable but skirmish was my favorite mode.

fun fact: i still play these 2 games on a casual base and i plan to purchase the complete pack one day.

Firestorm had a really good story :whistle:

The complete pack as you say it... is C&C The First Decade. You can even buy it with C&C 3 TW included... But you have to buy Kane's Wrath separately. Still a good good gooooooooood value. With the unofficial megapatch... it get's even better :whistle:

• 5 years later...

I do love a good poll! :D

Voted Red Alert, it's the only one i can remember playing back in the day.

http://i.imgur.com/B3akh82.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EZbrGiD.jpg

Saw this come through an email from Limited Run and it caught my interest, but won't be buying for PC, would be good to see a PS4 physical from them though.