Do not buy the goty version!!!!

ps3freak4life

never in my life have i had so much problems with dlc constant crashing, constant glitches and to top it off the game aint even new! c'mon bethesda this should have been sorted out a very long time ago! i pltinumed fo3 on my old acc, got the goty version for my new account and im verrrrrry close to snapping the disk and trowing my ps3 out the bloody window!!!!!!! stupid goddamngame!!!!!!!:mad:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vanilla version with DLC bought off the store is just as bad. I've got the GOTY and it crashed maybe 20 times in total, which is nothing compared to FO:NV which crashed approx 45 times by the time I got the 100% for it.

To reduce your freezing problems just follow the advice in the guides and my advice thread :).

from my 100% adventure, it didn't freeze that much at the start and worked very nicely....all that changed when I was very close to completing the game and I too got pissed. i'd recommend definitely not getting the fallout new vegas goty edition...makes this game of the year disk look like a master piece (at least to me). it's ridiculous but what ya gonna do? :( by the way, in my eyes point lookout was the way a dlc should be like...I loved it. still wish these games continued to get patches but it is manageable to an extent with each game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I decided to buy the GOTY in November but have yet to play it. I kinda regret it due to people talking about the freezing and lots of glitches. Also, I've never played a FPS which, i have been told it isn't. How does the file size get larger?

Its western rpg. file size gets bigger the more you play, everything you leave in open world, items/weapons you collect, places you discover get saved to savefile.

Its western rpg. file size gets bigger the more you play, everything you leave in open world, items/weapons you collect, places you discover get saved to savefile.

This^

There are things you can do to keep the file sizes down but it's inevitable they will grow. The amount of freezing varies from person-to-person and playthrough-to-playthrough, you could get lucky and it will hardly ever freeze :).

Yep, there is definitely a recurring problem with crashing in Bethesda games, ESPECIALLY New Vegas. Too bad I can't get enough of them. :(

In their defence, Skyrim does not seem to be crashing for me anymore, I know that does not really help with your Fallout experience, but hopefully future Bethesda games will work better on the consoles like Skyrim does now. :D

Edited by Gairuk

• 3 weeks later...

You can definitely buy the GOTY-version. It includes the latest patch - just like the vanilla version. "GOTY is worse than the vanilla version" is just your imagination or bad luck (bugs and glitches ARE NOT THE SAME FOR EVERYONE - since people play these open world games very very differently).

There will be freezing (at least later on in the game), whichever version you get. Some will have more, some will have less => It's not the same for everyone.

Just save often and use multiple save slots. One save slot = suicide.

I thought the game itself more than made up for the technical issues that crop up as you get deep into the game, but I will say that as much as I loved Fallout 3 despite its issues, it was enough to keep me from even considering New Vegas. If F3 had been freezing early in the game before I'd taken a liking to it, I likely wouldn't have given it much of a chance. I didn't care to bother giving F:NV such an opportunity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man, I am having MAJOR issues with this GOTY edition, and my character hasn't even left the vault! The game froze once when my one-year old character was following his Dad out of the room, froze a second time at his ten year old birthday party while speaking to the Overseer, and froze a third time while talking to Butch at the same party! What garbage! The PS3 was completely locked up, and I had to do a hard power down three times.

After the problems with Skyrim, Bethesda is not impressing me with their knowledge of programming for the PS3. I've heard great things about Fallout 3, but given three crashes in the first fifteen minutes of gameplay - and a save file that is already 2.1 MB - sadly, I think I'm going to let this one go. There is enough frustration in my life without this nonsense.

If anyone is wondering, the final 1.0.6 patch is installed, and my slim PS3 has had ZERO issues freezing with other games.

Edited by poetic_justice_