The Playstation Plus Thread

You could say the same thing about almost anything. People should point out these issues! If half of these issues were pointed out in reviews of the game I'd have been better prepared for it. But no, everyone praised it as some type of masterpiece. I know, I know, reviews are only a part of the story, but they still play an important part in my decision to buy some games.

And meh, fish harder :fishing: I'm not the type of flower to get upset whenever someone doesn't suck off Naughty Dog and praise them as gods. Marvel fanboys are bad enough at that behaviour, I'd be a hypocrite if I did the same with ND or anything I really like.

I'm not saying you're wrong about Spider-Man. I enjoyed the game, but it's not a "masterpiece" by any stretch. That term gets tossed around way too much in my opinion. I wouldn't even call it the best Super-Hero game, I'd give that one to Arkham City honestly, and even that game had plenty of issues.

As for my fishing, good for you! And I mean that, really. Way too many ND fanboys are exactly like that. :francis: Their games are alright, they look good but are very repetitive, with frankly horrid stealth mechanics forced into the middle of functional but not impressive cover shooters. And it's been that way since the fist Uncharted. Story and characters are the only thing they have going for them IMO, but they don't outweigh the gameplay after awhile. But everyone hypes them to hell and back like they have no problems at all.

Spider-Man? :sick:

I hope not. I'd rather take something along the lines of the tripe we got this month instead

^this.

Most overrated game of the generation.

Also what's the point of PS Now if all games end up on PS+ anyway. I'm just hoping for Wolfenstein II at this point so it can be a little rarer. :p

I actually thought this was satire at first, aimed at those who complained this month about always wanting top games :rofl:

Would love Spider-Man personally as it's probably the only AAA game that I'm interested in that I don't already own physical or digital.

I've played Spider-Man and it is a good game, but I think it got more praise then it deserved. Swinging through New York City was fun. Everything else was pretty...meh.

My biggest complaint was that Spider-Man/Peter Parker would NOT SHUT UP. Non-stop talking throughout the game.

I've played Spider-Man and it is a good game, but I think it got more praise then it deserved. Swinging through New York City was fun. Everything else was pretty...meh.

If this game was all swinging, I would have still enjoyed it. That game was so damn fluid. It felt awesome to play, like you really were Spider-Man. It emulates that web-swinging feel so well, and that's enough for me.

My biggest complaint was that Spider-Man/Peter Parker would NOT SHUT UP. Non-stop talking throughout the game.

Are you kidding me? That's his shtick. The smarminess is what makes him entertaining. He's supposed to be casually cool.

I actually thought this was satire at first, aimed at those who complained this month about always wanting top games :rofl:

I'm going to complain about you thinking it was satire, aimed at those who were actually complaining so someone can complain about me complaining and the whole thing can be especially ironic.

Capcom was teasing "exciting" Street Fighter V news tomorrow before noon EST. Normally Sony announces the games just after noon, but Capcom's announcement could still be SFV on plus (or going F2P in general). I'm skeptical the other game is SFV, as referring to it as Champion Edition would cause a lot of confusion/frustration. While the game itself is Champion Edition, people would expect all the DLC from the CE bundle to come with it, when it most certainly wouldn't.

But it's worth throwing out there anyways as a darkhorse candidate.

I definitely sit in the same camp as Easty and Alchemist in that I think Spider-Man got way too much praise. The main story is good, combat is good and swinging around city is also nailed but all the side mission stuff is seriously lacklustre. The DLC is also a waste of money and felt more like content removed from the main game.

Now RDR2, that is the only real GOTY contender for 2018.

I definitely sit in the same camp as Easty and Alchemist in that I think Spider-Man got way too much praise.

giphy.gif

Now RDR2, that is the only real GOTY contender for 2018.

I'd say Detroit: Become Human personally, if that counts as a game because Cage called them "interactive experiences." If that doesn't count, then yeah, it's got to be Spider-Man. Red Dead was good too.

I'd say Detroit: Become Human personally, if that counts as a game because Cage called them "interactive experiences." If that doesn't count, then yeah, it's got to be Spider-Man. Red Dead was good too.

Despite my ties to the Detroit area, I found Become Human to be a bit overrated/underwhelming. A big part of that has to do with the fact that Markus was such an incredibly boring character with zero chemistry with the rest of the cast as a whole. I get it, he's an android, but so were Connor and Kara and they were engaging, likeable, and memorable characters. I just could not get attached to Markus the way I could with the other two. The story overall was good, and I still like the game, but it needed a character with a little more personality than Markus.

RDR2 was my GOTY 2018. Still haven't actually played Spider-Man yet. I guess I'm just waiting on a good deal for the complete version. Sure, I could simply borrow the base game from my brother, but I'd rather play it with the DLC.

Edited by mcolwander90

COD WWII is good.

While this has not much to do with PS+ but the Mafia 3 DLC are now free on Store. I think its a little Error because this shpuld be only goes for the Definitve Edition. Well the Game was allready a PS+ game. So free for me on Top.

Thanks for the heads up.

COD WWII is good.

While this has not much to do with PS+ but the Mafia 3 DLC are now free on Store. I think its a little Error because this shpuld be only goes for the Definitve Edition. Well the Game was allready a PS+ game. So free for me on Top.

thank you for posting this, added to the library. free dlc for a plus game, win win