General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which mode is the best for the "Check out my pad" trophy? Or it's commultative?

Play on the peaceful mode and collect as many power ups of the ship speed and strength power ups that are inside the planets. I got this while trying to get the hot potato and black hole trophy xD

Be aware that you won't get the trophy until you're back at the main menu.

For bosses, it's random. There is no way to make them spawn, at least from experience. If there is a way I'd definitely want to know :) it's the only trophy I'm going to have trouble with xD

Really am not liking "the king of the skies" trophy. I havn't even come close to getting it, guess its just luck to have them spawn quite close to each other. Anyone else having the same problem or have any idea's to get them to spawn.

i noticed when i first started playing this game the bosses appeared more often and there were a lot less enemies in between. this game punishes you for buying upgrades and the more you buy the hard it becomes to reach each boss.

easiest solution is not to buy anything and do this trophy with no upgrades. in my case i'm currently doing Buy the Shop trophy and if i still don't get the boss trophy while i'm doing that, i'm going to delete my save file and start from scratch. this way i hope the bosses will appear more often again.

how do you unlock marathon mode its the last one i need to unlock?

tbh i have no idea, the furthest i traveled before it unlocked was 720,000+ on pacifism so maybe it has something to do with that game mode in purticular. sorry can't give you a definate answer but it's something to go on at least.

Edited by pugsrule88

Hit the third rank, pocket jaffa (whatever the hell that means...) Still not sure if I wanna try and go for 100% or not. Guess Ill stick at it a little longer :p

Also if it hasn't been mentioned yet anyone going for all trophies except the massive grind may wanna know that upgrading 'magnetcoil' to max allows you to buy an upgrade that gives 1.5x starbit value. With that Ive been getting about 300k+ every run!

how do you unlock marathon mode its the last one i need to unlock?

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/bubblemutley1979.png[/url][/img]

I deleted my save to check this out for you. I'm now grasshopper lv7 with 19 plays on classic with a total distance of 600k. I have all modes unlocked except the last 2 - fully upgrade a shop item & unlock all modes. To answer your question - when you start a new game have a look just under your score, do you see the start line and a white dot denoting how deep into the level you are? get that dot to the finish line.

To answer your question - when you start a new game have a look just under your score, do you see the start line and a white dot denoting how deep into the level you are? get that dot to the finish line.

I think, its' not true. The start - finish line with the little dot, it's your progress to reach your high score.

Since several people already asked me in psn (and it's pain to type a lot on vita, without even copy&paste), here are some tips to how to survive long enough to kill enough boses.

Random events

The most annoying is when colors get inverted. During this event dying enemies scatter bullets that are indestructible by your orbit thing. You must stop shooting and dodge everything. This event is rather short.

Another one is bullet hell - colors get b&w and game slows down. If you're using drill attack you must stop to be able to shoot enemies. Also it's hard to see asteroids - so shoot to spot and keep eye on them.

Rotating things (X or Y) are get bigger when you are shoot them. If they are blocking your path - stop shooting.

Yellow pulsating thing on the right means that laser will shoot soon - move somewhere from it's path.

Drill attack allows you to kill enemies near to you, but does not make you invulnerable. It good to use it at warp speed (after killing the boss) (however I start to use it only after second boss) and during black hole (flying dinosaurs). Also you can use it as long as you wish.

After some time (means on higher difficulty) there's no warning about planet incoming, so stay alert all the time (especially when using drill attack) and move to the left when the amount of enemies is decreasing.

White enemies are invulnerable.

Starbit charged laser is very useful for cleaning screen, it eliminates almost everything. It activates when you've collected enough starbits (150 I've heard). If you've killed a lot of enemies with drill attack it will certainly be activated when you start shooting.

Using wormholes (portals) is probably a good idea. However when I got that trophy for killing all boses I haven't used any of them (there was one).

I still don't know how to lower difficulty - but seems that taking damage to your shield does it. But I don't think that taking damage intentionally is a good idea.

Edited by vivan

Ok my bad. I was grasshopper lv3 going into a game and scored 1.4 million, post game I was grasshopper lv7 and the remaining modes unlocked apart from the final 2. Whilst on my first playthough I didn't unlock marathon mode as quickly and consequently considered that to unlock it was based on a total distance. I'm sure it's based on how deep you get into a level, I thought that the white dot was an indicator of that. Thanks for setting me straight on that point.