Dedicated Servers?

kfoxton

Forgive me for my ignorance but i never really got into the COD franchise, i was more of a Killzone and Battlefield man, With Medal of Honour being so poor and killzone 3 a let down and BF3 getting boring i might have to bite the bullet and begrudgingly by BLOPS2, but i refuse to buy it if it doesnt have dedicated servers, changing hosts mid battle is quite simply the most annoying thing ever on a MP game.

So could someone please clarify if this title has dedicated servers or not? Thanks

Host migration is far too common in this game and it gets really annoying.

The biggest problem is that when someone is given host they also get what is called Host compensation Lag which just adds to the problem.

Generally if you are given Host these days then you suffer much more with Lag and crap.

The most common reason for people quitting out of a game before the end is because they are not doing very well and if your lagging so bad it means you are unable to effectively play the game then your more likely to back out to try and find a better lobby. The Problem is as they purposly nerf the Host to try in their eyes make it a bit more fair all they end up doing is mking the Host suffer more so that they end up quitting and then it ruins it for everyone.

I have very good and fast Internet connections so can easily be made the Host but as soon as i see that it has done this i back out of the lobby as i find it virtually unplayable when hosting. I can tell before the game has started tho so i am able to back out before the game gets underway but many people dont realise they are host and just back out mid game thinking its someone else.

and becuase of the reasons you give you get the constantly changing and migration of hosts and pissing people off! Its quite frankly disgusting that they dont provide dedicated servers, i mean it may boil down to an additional cost but im sure they can afford it, and the extra satisfaction would mean even more players. its quite frankly disgusting that they havent bothered with it.

The connection is definitely sickening at times! The majority of the time for me its so unplayable. Only time i get a decent connection is early afternoon and between 3-6am. Always been like this and my internet connection fluctuating is partly to blame! I do have friends with fibre-optic and they have a perfect connection all the time! Zombies however seems to be fair to me, can play it anytime without any issues!

Forgive me for my ignorance but i never really got into the COD franchise, i was more of a Killzone and Battlefield man, With Medal of Honour being so poor and killzone 3 a let down and BF3 getting boring i might have to bite the bullet and begrudgingly by BLOPS2, but i refuse to buy it if it doesnt have dedicated servers, changing hosts mid battle is quite simply the most annoying thing ever on a MP game.

So could someone please clarify if this title has dedicated servers or not? Thanks

The only downfall to having dedicated servers is that they get shut-down after a few years! At least with COD you can still go play previous games online without ever having to worry about servers being shut down!

Edited by MTURNER1985