Anyone Having Trouble on Needlepoint

RByers

like the other events similar to this one, a good technique is always to master corners. and of course the right set up of mods helps aswell :)

EDIT: It is difficult but it can be done in the Bugatti Super Sport. Hardest part is not crashing on account of your going far to fast in the beginning lol

Edited by christoff_22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried many many times with a fully modded koenigsegg, and only managed 148.5mph.

The trick for me was switching to the Bugatti - short gears pro, powershot nitrous pro, lightweight pro, off road tyres pro, I got 156mph first attempt after switching to this car.

The one thing which really helped was using no nitrous except in the airfield between the plane and the gate - the powershot pro nitrous boosts up your average speed brilliantly, then all you need is a bit of luck with the oncoming traffic on the final stretch and you will beat it.

Edited by ChrisMalicious

@ ChrisMalicious: I think you're mistaken here, the aero body for the bugatti is unlocked by getting gold on needle point...

I used the bugatti too though, regular boost (not even pro), cirquit tires (they suck on the airfield, but they make up for it on the read big time (if used correctly that is:P), did put on short gears, but only unlocked pro on the run I got gold on, so those were basic as well. The hard part is driving full speed (use the boost!) whenever possible and dare to break when needed. I used the regular brakes a lot and that saves a lot of time if you can get trough corners without crashing (even if your speed drops down to say 200km/h). If you have cop cars coming at you head on, just restart the race, they will keep doing that and it's near impossible to dodge them since they always come in groups...

I had to do the race 20-30 times, but it was fun to do, you just gotta learn where to break and were to speed up:)

• 3 months later...

Like many I was having trouble achieving this however today I finally got it. I never thought of changing the car setup and just kept grinding, hoping that each race would be better than the last however I just couldn't do it.

I changed the setup to:

Tires: REINFLATES

Nitrous: BURN PRO

Chasis: RAM PRO

Body: IMPACT PROTECTION

Transmission: LONG GEARS

After doing this I beat it on my first attempt @ 256.1km.

If you go to the map screen and hover the race it shows how many attempts you have made. For me it showed: 183 Attempts!

I am no stranger to car racing games however this particular race was very difficult until I used the above car setup. Hopefully it helps others!

• 3 weeks later...

Needle Point can go to hell. Closest I've come in the Bugatti was 242km/244km. The side of my car brushed a piece of rock wall. Rather than grind (like it does 98% of the time), the game decided to throw me into a 180 spin and have me face the wrong way. This experience came after 40+ attempts. After finally getting a run in where I could maneuver through garbage traffic all over the road, SUVs ramming me head-on, or any of the other nonsense that doesn't belong in a run, the game decides to play spin the bottle at the finish line. Incidentally, the friend who is #1 on my speed wall got 262.8km/h in a stock Bugatti Veyron. You read that right: stock.

INITIAL ATTEMPTS (43X)

BUGATTI VEYRON

TRACK TIRES PRO/OFFROAD PRO (Tried both, but prefer Track)

BURN NITROUS PRO

RAM CHASSIS (A must for all the junk traffic)

IMPACT PROTECTION BODY (A must for all the junk traffic)

SHORT GEARS PRO

Criterion burned a bridge with this one.

EDIT: Just got it, thank God. Now my housemates don't have to listen to me yelling at the game anymore.

FINAL GO: 246.3 km/h

KOENIGSEGG AGERA R

TRACK PRO

BURN PRO

RAM PRO CHASSIS

IMPACT PROTECTION BODY

LONG GEARS PRO (I would've preferred Short Gears, but they don't unlock until Needle Point is beaten)

I tried it once with the stock Koenigsegg and actually got bronze, but after reading this thread and seeing the time was 5 MPH/8km/h less for the Koenigsegg vs. the Bugatti, I said, well, why not try it. It took awhile to unlock all the pro mods for the Koengsegg, but whoever said it handles better was right. The Koenigsegg is less prone to slide out on turns.

I have to say I am very disappointed with Criterion. I tried 43 times with the Bugatti (with pro mods) and was constantly shafted by things beyond my control. However, after trying two times with the Koenigsegg (pro mods), I got gold. My environmental awareness of all vehicles did not magically improve, nor did I have a sudden burst of lightning reflexes. My racing skills were at the same level as the previous 45 attempts, and maybe even less because I'd been going at this one race off and on for nearly three hours. Needle Point was the same race as the previous 45 attempts, albeit with a little less traffic. It's like Criterion designed this one race as the pinnacle of the game, and you have to do it in the #1 Most Wanted Car, not the #3 Most Wanted Car, but they don't tell you that. After all that work with the Bugatti, the win with the Koenigsegg feels cheapened.

To all of you who got this in the Bugatti, my hat is off to you. That took skill. Anyway, gold trophy obtained, moving on.

Oh, I know this thread is about Needle Point, but there were two other anamolies that caused problems for me.

TWO OTHER TOUGH RACES

1. Mud Bath with the Lancia - The game would not let me win! I came in 2nd place, but that guy in first always sped ahead no matter how close I came. I raced again and again, improving my time by 7 seconds! Nope. Still not good enough. I was only able to beat this race with the Mitsubishi Evolution X.

2. Arch Enemies with the Alfa Romeo - This race was labeled as Easy, the first race up for the Alfa Romeo. No way. The computer cheats so much! There's no way I could catch the #1 racer without boost, but you don't unlock Burn Nitrous until you beat the race! Although it was labeled as Medium for the Tesla Roadster, I found the race to be much easier with the Tesla.

Edited by poetic_justice_

Ok 12 attempts and it's mine. 8 with the Bugatti and 4 with the koenigsegg. Zero luck with the Bugatti then switched to the koenigsegg, running track tires, burn, lightweight, impact protection and long gears all pro, best speed 149.9. As I got silver and unlocked short gears applied and next time finished 156.1. Would definitely recommend short gears, pro or not they give that acceleration you need after the hard breaking in and out the airfield and the last corner where that bitch of a ramp is just waiting to screw you over.:D

Edit: if anyone thinks I made up the attempt number and speed you're more than welcome to FR and see for yourself.

Edited by tobyrabbit

I can't beat this thing for pete's sake!

I'm no good at racing games, so, it's hard as sh*t for me. The problem I have is that I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using the Kaspersky whatever agira, all mods pro: lightweight, short gears, track, burn (i don't like the waiting time of the other nitro)

Ok, here's what I'm doing: start at 200mph with the video, take the left path: sure it have cars ongoing random, but the little curves of the beggining of the right path f*uck me up.

At the end of that part, push hard on nitro until next "part", with luck I can avoid the traffic and end it at 180mph, I really can't control the car at higher speeds.

The next part it's luck. If I manage to get to the right part at <150mph I can get the nitro boost at the shop. If not, I try to evade ongoings and crash like a moron with the barricade.

At the entrance of the airfield ALWAYS loss speed to 120mph, and (if I don't fall like a moron at the beggining), can reach the end at 200mph withg nitro, but starting from 90mph which really hurts my score. The end of the airfield my score goes to oblivion (and then to skyrim) as I manage to exit the airfield with 50mph.

From this point, it's a miracle if my score is above 140mph

Then I take the left path (I feel it easier with curves more doable), but always with the peril of the random ongoings.

The next part, too, is a fuck up, because If I don't speed down, I'll SURELY crash with the wall OR jump the little ramp, just because.

The remaining is to little to rise my damaged 13xmph score even with full nitro.

So, please, help?:(

EDIT: Also, during nighttime, I can't see sh*it and it's impossible to me to distinguish a traffic car for a roadlight. Shame the game doesn't allow you to make it always daytime.

Edited by Gold-St