Frontiersmen Challenge - map reveals

CatNZ

how precisely do we need to reveal these maps? obviously any black squares need to be uncovered, but there's other squares in shades of grey, you can see them when zooming in the map. do they need to be uncovered too?

No, they want you to discover every kind of animals in each hunting region. This sucks 'cause finding the last animal is frustrating.

Edited by dawngalneryus

No, they want you to discover every kind of animals in each hunting region. This sucks 'cause finding the last animal is frustrating.

oh is it? the Frontiersman Challenge 3 reads:

• Reveal all of Boston's Map
  • Reveal all of New York's map
  • Reveal the entire Frontier map

and I don't think there's much hunting to be done in the cities? :p

think you got my question confused with Hunting Challenge 3, which reads:

• Complete your hunting map by skinning, or finding clues relating to all types of animal in each Frontier Hunting region and the Homestead

Edited by CatNZ

oh is it? the Frontiersman Challenge 3 reads:

• Reveal all of Boston's Map
  • Reveal all of New York's map
  • Reveal the entire Frontier map

and I don't think there's much hunting to be done in the cities? :p

think you got my question confused with Hunting Challenge 3, which reads:

• Complete your hunting map by skinning, or finding clues relating to all types of animal in each Frontier Hunting region and the Homestead

Ooops, my bad ;)

AC 3 has WAY too many side missions IMO

Oh, btw, could you tell me how did you complete the "listen to washington" goal? I've talked to him for a few times till the "w" sign disappeared but the goal is not yet achieved.

Edited by dawngalneryus

Oh, btw, could you tell me how did you complete the "listen to washington" goal? I've talked to him for a few times till "w" sign disappeared but the goal is not yet achieved.

sorry I can't help you there, as I'm working on that myself too... am just being ambitious and reading up the challenges ahead ;)

how precisely do we need to reveal these maps? obviously any black squares need to be uncovered, but there's other squares in shades of grey, you can see them when zooming in the map. do they need to be uncovered too?

I have the "Reveal all of Boston's Map" and "Reveal all of New York's map" challenges completed. It's weird because part of my New York's and Boston's map is still unexplored. However, I have visited all the General Stores (9 total for the trophy), liberated all the areas (by doing all the Liberation Missions), unlocked all the Fast Travels, and gotten all the collectibles.

However, I still don't have the "Reveal the entire Frontier map" one completed, but I did get all the collectibles from Frontier and visited it's 3 General Stores. I'm assuming it's because I don't have the Hunting Challenge 3 complete yet (Complete your hunting map by skinning, or finding clues relating to all types of animal in each Frontier Hunting region and the Homestead).

Oh, btw, could you tell me how did you complete the "listen to washington" goal? I've talked to him for a few times till the "w" sign disappeared but the goal is not yet achieved.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/assassins-creed-iii/178289-beware-completionists-washington-glitch-stuck-99-a-5.html#post3188062 is exactly what you're looking for. Post #44 answers your question.

Ooops, my bad ;)

You can't finish the Washington challenge until after you beat the game. You gotta go see him in new York for the final conversation

what I did was to make sure the outer edges were filled in. The area I was missing in new York was the nw corner area. Edited by SWAT_brigadeCT

However, I still don't have the "Reveal the entire Frontier map" one completed, but I did get all the collectibles from Frontier and visited it's 3 General Stores. I'm assuming it's because I don't have the Hunting Challenge 3 complete yet (Complete your hunting map by skinning, or finding clues relating to all types of animal in each Frontier Hunting region and the Homestead).

nah it's not tied with completing the hunting map... the game says I have the frontier 100% mapped now, and I still have a couple of animals left to track down in Troy's Wood... I definitely don't have all the collectibles in the frontier either.

what I did was to make sure the outer edges were filled in. The area I was missing in new York was the nw corner area.

thanks for that, I managed to get Boston 100% fully mapped couple of days ago, and just 100% mapped frontier as well.

but my frontier map is still very patchy, I have visited all towns in frontier, there's still black patches even within towns. haven't taken over the forts yet either. by the looks of it my map is 70% revealed. so this challenge wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought really :)

Edited by CatNZ

I would say this would be one of the last things you'd concentrate on. With all of the traveling and running from one place to another looking for missions and collectibles, there's a good chance it'll come automatically. In reality, it seems it's more like 90% of the entire map, so don't worry about uncovering every single pixel.

I got these challenges done earlier today and might have a few hints for everyone who's struggeling with it.

1. Get all collectibles first!

2. Do all delivery/hunting/brawler missions

3. For the Frontier: Make sure you have discovered all settlements and especially the Taverns/Shops.

4. If you still don't have the 'Reveal Map in xxx' challenges completed uncover the streets first. Especially in the Frontier start with the thicker roads and the smaller, narrow ones if that means you don't have to get that far off track.

I got the challenges on all three maps completed while just running along a street. You do not have to uncover the entire map. I was actually even missing a delivery quest in NY at that point. So I reckon settlements/roads and locations with missions do the job.

GL

I think its getting all viewpoints, and points of interest, including 3 fast travel in frontier, near the general stores!

I would say find all general stores, and fast travel then go after collectables and side missions, don't' forget the entrances/exits and Harbormaster can fast travel too

I haven't done all the following but i'm on "Frontiersmen Challenge 3"

get all collectibles first! Still have feathers in Frontier! pages/chests in NY!

do all delivery/hunting/brawler missions

might have most but not all settlements!

Edited by gtasthehunter

Ooops, my bad ;)

Why are you asking a question about Washington in a frontiers thread?

To the OP; they don't have to be fully filled in (like every pixel). If you find every viewpoint, general store, fort etc. it usually does the trick.

I'm guessing it's more like, "reveal all of the major points" than "reveal every pixel" because my frontier was only like 50-75% visible and it still said completed.

I never really got to pay it much attention to it because, like almost every other side mission, it was completed as soon as I got it (start mission, done, done, done, done, done, done, mission complete). It was really funny when I needed to do delivery missions. I'd talk to the guy, wait 20 seconds for the list to finish and then talk to the guy again. I wouldn't even have to move.