Fanorona (EXPERT) Easy Win Method

dawngalneryus

can't win morris :s

You would probably never believe how much time I wasted with morris using programs or java games. The one you need to beat on the homestead beat the 3d morris prof or whatever it is called on unbeatable multiple times.

I watched a YouTube video for help, it might've helped, but I just tried it without help. Claimed a row of three and abused the shit out of it and won fairly easily.

How do you read the move logs on that java site?

Example:

1. White (Human):

f3-e3 x g3

Black (Computer):

g2-g3 x g4, g5

White is the computer in AC3

Black is me in AC3

White moves from F3 > E3 that takes G3

Black moves from G2 > G3 that takes G4 and g5?

I had to use this Game of Morris that other one froze to much and was slow! but this doesn't let you slide back for between to spots!

Sorry but that kids version is rubbish, as it's playing twelve men morris, where AC3 is playing nine men morris, so the moves are useless

Nine Mens Morris Web Game

Best Morris Page Select Level 7 and i make cry the ps3 :) finally :D

Link doesn't work, seems that site has expired

Thanks to the original poster for the link to fanorona though, it helped immensly :)

Edited by Fragpuss

Thank you OP! :applause: Was getting really frustrated with the damn Fanorona. :rant:

EDIT: As for Nine Mens Morris game this worked the best!

Nine Mens Morris Web Game

Best Morris Page Select Level 7 and i make cry the ps3 :) finally :D

So thank you as well! :applause:

Edited by DarkDante14

How the F@CK do you beat Fanorona when Father Timothy is playing? I cant for the life of me beat him, and there's no site with fanorona out there to play along on.....

From AC2 to AC3...this is the most retarded trophy list.

You can beat him with the Fanorona-game linked in the first post.

Took me a few minutes to understand hos the move log worked, but when I understood it, it was pretty simple. :)

You can beat him with the Fanorona-game linked in the first post.

Took me a few minutes to understand hos the move log worked, but when I understood it, it was pretty simple. :)

i agree, it looked complex when i took my first look at it, but once i started using it in conjunction with the game, it all dropped into place and was pretty easy after that, beat him my first time with it

Ok... the Java app is no longer any help. 12 games, 12 draws. How do you BEAT Father Timothy?

6 games without help, 6 draws. 'Original Gamer' is no longer possible.

i'm getting a severe touch of deja vu now, didn't you post that like 3 pages ago? and didn't we have this same conversation somewhere else once before? or maybe i'm just going crazy...

Incidently i only ever used the java app on father timothy and that was when i won, so i don't know what to suggest to you

Edited by Fragpuss

Did it actually force a draw, or did you just accept it when it was offered to you?

Offered as many as 6 times, would never finish a game.

Every game gets to a certain point where one piece on each side is just being moved back and forth between two spots. Neither computer (ACIII or the Applet) wants to make a different move. Been at that same set of moves on this game since about the 14th turn. We're at 125 turns now.

Edit: Apparently the applet wasn't keeping my settings as far as the level. It kept reverting to a 2-ply search. Used a different browser and it worked. All is good now. Thanks.

Edited by BBurgSteve

Offered as many as 6 times, would never finish a game.

Every game gets to a certain point where one piece on each side is just being moved back and forth between two spots. Neither computer (ACIII or the Applet) wants to make a different move. Been at that same set of moves on this game since about the 14th turn. We're at 125 turns now.

Edit: Apparently the applet wasn't keeping my settings as far as the level. It kept reverting to a 2-ply search. Used a different browser and it worked. All is good now. Thanks.

This could be one of the reasons why it is not working for some users, I will add this to the first page. Thanks for discovering this :)

This could be one of the reasons why it is not working for some users, I will add this to the first page. Thanks for discovering this :)

In my case, it could be that I'm on a very java-unfriendly Mac (I had to install Java specifically to use this applet), using Safari as my primary browser. Switching to a non-Apple browser (Firefox) turned out to be the solution.

It might be worth noting to make sure the latest version of Java is installed. Originally I tried to use the applet from within my Windows virtual box, since I was hesitant to install Java on my Mac, but it completely failed to run at all.

no clue at all.... worst AC game overall of any put out. Tried so many times now. With all this game issues. These dumb little side games and the 500 other side quests/mission game fillers. The naval ship missions are by far the only good thing in this whole game.

Boy is my sig card way way wrong, lol.

Edited by ZBlacktt

For some reason the website for fanorona didn't play out like the game did, so I used the video for help. After a few attempts my game played out exactly, move for move, like the video did and I got an easy win.

I would definitely use the video if you can't get any other way to work as this worked perfectly for me.

I am not sure what the deal is, but I have used videos, the program and 3 other people and none of us can win this stupid game. I have hated these mini-games and broke a lot of things because of them. I have tried just winning this on my own with nothing close. I don't know what else to do. This is the very last game I need before plat on this terrible glitched so called game. I have enjoyed the story, however, these unexplained board games, with bs AI rules that can do whatever they want is crap. Any suggestions please share before I break this game.

Oh man, thank god for that, I beat Father Timothy with this on my 1st attempt. I would never have won legit, this is my first exposure to the game and even though I got the hang of the rules pretty quickly, I am virtually blind to some of his offense.

The program could be a bit easier though, like dragging the counter to the space for all moves, and visualising the cpu moves instead of seeing everything in different possitions, having the a-h, 1-5 displayed would make it a bit easier on the eye etc.

Thanks for posting it mate.