Fanorona (EXPERT) Easy Win Method

dawngalneryus

I understand the game and the program but it just never plays out like it does on AC3 despite me inputting what is going on precisely :( Hardest trophy in this game for sure, I dont want to hate but god damn... Im an assassin, wish I could just stab him in the face and win!

I just realized there is a long move log option which outlines every single steps and shows exactly what is taken, maybe you could give it a try ;)

I had a few issues where Achilles would make a move that I could not replicate in the OP's link. It took a few tries to get it because of that, but it still went a lot quicker than the alternative of me having to figure it out on my own.

After some testing, I think I found the problem. I guess what you've encountered is when you click on black pieces, sometimes they cannot be taken. Is this the issue you are talking about?

If yes, then this is due to the fact that sometimes multiple white pieces can be use to eat the black piece you choose, so when click on that piece, the program doesn't know which white piece it should move. In order to solve this you will have to click the second piece in the direction you want to take. Well I guess this is the program's flaw.

Edited by dawngalneryus

So, now I've won Fanorona and Bowls, but Nine Men's Morris is fucking impossible. I haven't been able to find a single thing to help me win, any time I use a strategy that might help, I get destroyed. I want to punch the programmers in the face for making this so unnecessarily hard.

the nine mens morris post on these forums directs you to the program to help with it, i used that and won first time easily

i originally searched everywhere for another program and couldn't find one, so i just played and i basically made the move that takes the most counters everytime and then boxed in his final few so he couldnt move without letting me take him... its quite easy once you get used to the rules

The program the OP posted worked amazingly for me, but I have a background in strategy board games and programs to help with them. If you have a problem, check the move log, with a-i being the horizontal positions and 1-5 being the vertical. I recommend setting white to move first, white to be top, setting long move log format and setting white as human player and black as computer. On a related subject, does anybody have a program for Morris that has the same rules as the game within the game? The first one posted seems broken and the other one seems to follow rules that are different from those within ACIII.

the nine mens morris post on these forums directs you to the program to help with it, i used that and won first time easily

Apparently I'm retarded or the computer of my game is way harder than everyone else's, because it just won't work. I've used other people's strategies, I've used computer programs, that bastard has beaten them all. I'm starting to think that this platinum will be impossible for me.

how should it help if it is a computer program....?

Basically what you do is this. Find the an online version of the game (perferably the ones linked in this forum) and set it to the highest difficulty.

Setup the in game (PS3) to allow the game to make the first move. After he makes his move, you use that same move (from the PS3 game) as your move on the Online Version of the game. Since it is the hardest difficulty, it will find a move to beat the PS3 version of the game.

Worked for me almost everytime.

Apparently I'm retarded or the computer of my game is way harder than everyone else's, because it just won't work. I've used other people's strategies, I've used computer programs, that bastard has beaten them all. I'm starting to think that this platinum will be impossible for me.

Try the link in my post on page 4. It was the only java programme that beat the computer for me and was a damned sight easier to understand and follow than the others too.

Nice got it second time, thanks for this!. I would say if you have relative knowledge of how to play, you should be okay. Here are some things I did whilst using the program:

1. Obviously I did all the settings as said in OP.

2. I realised sometimes there is a choice between which chip or whatever to take and if you go for the wrong one the moveset will be messed up.

3. If you look at the game board and the one on the computer you can easily know which chips need to be taken and which one to move, so try to mirror the board.

Hope this helps!