Singstar (XMB) ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap

a3069namebke

Is this guide really for the PS3 version, as I'm having problems working out how to upload media and how to rate other people on the PS4 version. There seems to be no way to rate others' media. And pressing triangle doesn't let me upload my own media.

Does one need a camera to save / upload media - as squodge said - triangle doesn't do anything (without a cam at least)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide is no good for PS4 version. Best song for high scoring trophies is stated as "Beep" by the Pussycat Dolls. This song is not yet available for the PS4 version. Also, manually changing the date for specific date trophies doesn't work on PS4. These techniques should be tested by the author rather than just uploaded to the website

This guide is no good for PS4 version. Best song for high scoring trophies is stated as "Beep" by the Pussycat Dolls. This song is not yet available for the PS4 version. Also, manually changing the date for specific date trophies doesn't work on PS4. These techniques should be tested by the author rather than just uploaded to the website

I agree the guide is terribly outdated (I wanted to make a revised guide a year ago.. but no longer motivated), however, I don't know why the date changing doesn't work for you. I did that for the PS4 versions too and it worked. Have you tried doing it while playing offline?

Is this guide really for the PS3 version, as I'm having problems working out how to upload media and how to rate other people on the PS4 version. There seems to be no way to rate others' media. And pressing triangle doesn't let me upload my own media.

Go to that community menu thing (forgot what it's called) and heart people's pics/videos. That's what it means by rating.

For uploading your media you need the PS4 camera, which is obviously one of the biggest punches in the face for the plat. No way around it. And the worst thing is again, of course, the guide not even mentioning this :whistle:

Edited by Zongorillacska

If the author doesn't respond by tomorrow, then I'll message them and see what can be done :). EDIT: Message sent, will revisit this on May 5th.

Considering the fairly substantial differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, shouldn't the link for the PS4 version take us to a separate PS4 forum for the game?

Also, just like another member stated, I also can't get the date-related trophies by changing the date on the PS4. I'll have to try again by disconnecting from the internet - and if that works, then it would have to be mentioned in the guide.

I agree the guide is terribly outdated (I wanted to make a revised guide a year ago.. but no longer motivated), however, I don't know why the date changing doesn't work for you. I did that for the PS4 versions too and it worked. Have you tried doing it while playing offline?

Go to that community menu thing (forgot what it's called) and heart people's pics/videos. That's what it means by rating.

For uploading your media you need the PS4 camera, which is obviously one of the biggest punches in the face for the plat. No way around it. And the worst thing is again, of course, the guide not even mentioning this :whistle:

Thanks for the tips.

By the way, I saw on your gamercard that you did both PS4 SingStar platinums in less than 24 hours lol - kudos! Any tips on what songs are easy to get the SingStar rating (since "Beep!" isn't available)?

Who's the hot blonde in your PSNTL avatar? ;)

Edited by Xander45
please use the edit/multi quote function instead of double posting

Considering the fairly substantial differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, shouldn't the link for the PS4 version take us to a separate PS4 forum for the game?

Also, just like another member stated, I also can't get the date-related trophies by changing the date on the PS4. I'll have to try again by disconnecting from the internet - and if that works, then it would have to be mentioned in the guide.

Games only get separate forums when there are substantial differences in the lists so since the trophies are identical for the XMB and PS4 versions of this game, the forum is shared between them :).

Games only get separate forums when there are substantial differences in the lists so since the trophies are identical for the XMB and PS4 versions of this game, the forum is shared between them :).

Okies, that makes sense.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know where you can buy SingStar SuomiHelmet? It looks like an easy 100%, but a Google search doesn't seem to help. And no one is selling it on eBay.

EDIT: lol, managed to find it after a while. Anyone interested, grab your copy here:

http://www.vpd.fi/singstar-suomihelmet-ps3.html

Edited by squodge

Thanks for the tips.

By the way, I saw on your gamercard that you did both PS4 SingStar platinums in less than 24 hours lol - kudos! Any tips on what songs are easy to get the SingStar rating (since "Beep!" isn't available)?

Who's the hot blonde in your PSNTL avatar? ;)

Thanks. ;) It's really not that difficult to get below 24 hours, if you know what songs to use for grinding, and of course have some patience (or smart ways to idle parts of it haha).

A lot of the easy songs I used on PS3 are not available on PS4. Do Wah Diddy was my song for easy Nailed it/midas touch etc, not available on PS4. My Lovely Horse was my 1.2 minute-ish song for grinding 400 songs, also unavailable lol. Only 6 of my 10 purchased PS3 songs were available on PS4. The ones that are supported on both system do carry over, you don't need to rebuy them. A surprising thing is that songs also carry over between the different region versions (EU/US). So you can plat all 4 versions with just buying 10 songs total.

The easy songs I used on PS4 were Boney M. - Daddy Cool (for Nailed it), Bing Crosby - Silent Night for grinding vibrato (almost whole song you can do vibrato) and easy golden notes grinding even while idling (read further about idling) and Motörhead - Ace Of Spades for grinding 400 songs (like 1:11 in the short version, which does count as 1 song) when you're done with other trophies and just need 300 duet/400 songs.

Forget the whole fan bullshit written in the guide for idle grinding. Just put your volume decently high up on your TV/speakers, put both of your mics right next to it, and it will always have enough score to hit the minimum for counting as 1 played song. If you're done with grinding vibrato/golden notes and other trophies, you can just leave the game idle while mashing/turboing X to start the songs everytime they end.

That's pretty much all you need to know to plat the game. The Nailed it trophy is ridiculously easy with that song (just hum, ignore the lyrics). What else is there... the upload trophy is glitched on PS4, I had to buffle around with signing in-out after uploading a media to make the trophy pop, it's very random. You can get the 20 Singstar ranking trophy on 10 songs by singing into both microphones yourself doing duet/sing race(whatever it was called). Just do Daddy Cool 9 more times after you do Nailed it. Oh and make sure to include some duet and rap songs in your 10 songs so you don't have to waste additional money later. That's pretty much all I can remember (certainly more useful than the guide)

No idea who the lady is haha. I just searched for some avy that had as little clothes on as possible. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Zongorillacska

@Zongorillacska:

Thanks for the extra tips. I was already sticking my double mics next to my TV - I didn't even need the TV very loud, and it's "auto scoring" me anything from 300k to almost 2 million!

I just cycle through my song list, short versions, and already have the BFF trophy. I have about 80-90 more songs for the 400 songs trophy.

I will definitely get that "Daddy Cool" song. I don't know it, but I can't imagine it'd be difficult if it's been mentioned by one or two other people.

Now I just have to force myself to buy a bloody PS4 camera o.O

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...