Beginner's Guide to the Vita and PSN

fletchar2

^Thanks everyone.

How do you put another account like a EU on a vita?

Have my main account and would like to have EU and other regions accounts as well.

You can only have one PSN account at a time on a memory card. That makes it impossible to play digital games from other regions on your main account.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know why you cannot check your trophies or messages on the Vita if a game application is running? It doesn't apply to all Vita games just certain ones and I really cannot tell until I attempt to check my trophies or messages and the warning message comes up saying that you need to close the game.

Adventures of Mana was another one for example. Dying Reborn works fine.

Does anybody know why you cannot check your trophies or messages on the Vita if a game application is running? It doesn't apply to all Vita games just certain ones and I really cannot tell until I attempt to check my trophies or messages and the warning message comes up saying that you need to close the game.

I've never had that happen myself, but my guess is that the game uses almost all system resources so there areny any remaining for the trophy or messaging apps.

• 4 months later...

Late to the party, but just got a Vita today. It's been years, but I seem to recall downloading the same game on the Vita would auto pop the trophies if you had the plat on PS3/4. Is that still accurate? I want to say it worked with Sound Shapes, but really don't recall the logistics. I've got a ton of catching up to do.

Late to the party, but just got a Vita today. It's been years, but I seem to recall downloading the same game on the Vita would auto pop the trophies if you had the plat on PS3/4. Is that still accurate? I want to say it worked with Sound Shapes, but really don't recall the logistics. I've got a ton of catching up to do.

Welcome to the Vita club :ass:

That is true but it depends on which game.

As above. It highly depends on the game. Certain games will allow it, and certain games are now a bit temperamental to it like Sound Shapes, as the cloud syncing can sometimes be off and take a number of attempts :)

To be fair it's probably for your own good, I'm sure there were issues with GoW on the vita that were caused by doing other stuff while the game was open and could screw up trophies. I think it is a bit of a rare issue but the fact that like you say, a fair few games just don't allow you to do it probably means it's protecting the game data from any possible corruption.

• 1 month later...
Without PS+, how can I back up a game's save? I know there's an option to 'copy' it to a PC but I believe it's copying the whole game because it's a big file. I can't see to find the save itself.

Without PS Plus, your 1 and only option is to backup your saves to a compatible computer or PS3 :(.

• 1 month later...

A PS4 and Vita question: Is it possible to setup Remote Play away from your PS4?

Example: I would have a friend use my account on his PS4 and I'd connect my Vita to it so I could Remote Play. Thing is I wouldn't be physically near the PS4, just using the internet. I found an IGN and PlayStation how to for setting it up but it doesn't specifically say if you must be near the PS4 or not. I've done Remote Play in and around the house but now want to try it over long distances via internet.

A PS4 and Vita question: Is it possible to setup Remote Play away from your PS4?

Example: I would have a friend use my account on his PS4 and I'd connect my Vita to it so I could Remote Play. Thing is I wouldn't be physically near the PS4, just using the internet. I found an IGN and PlayStation how to for setting it up but it doesn't specifically say if you must be near the PS4 or not. I've done Remote Play in and around the house but now want to try it over long distances via internet.

Yes, you can play over long distances, but depending on connection strength and the game you're trying to play, you may run into some lag issues. Also, I believe you would have to set his PS4 as your primary PS4.

Yes, you can play over long distances, but depending on connection strength and the game you're trying to play, you may run into some lag issues. Also, I believe you would have to set his PS4 as your primary PS4.

I know I can play over long distances but can I do the initial setup remotely? And I'm fine with his being the primary; I don't have access to my PS4 and won't for a long time.

I know I can play over long distances but can I do the initial setup remotely? And I'm fine with his being the primary; I don't have access to my PS4 and won't for a long time.

Ah, I hear you. When you initially set it up, the PS4 displays an eight-digit code that you have to enter on the Vita within 5 minutes. If you had your friend send you the code, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I mean, I'm not 100% sure it will, but I've never read anything that says the Vita and PS4 have to be on the same network when you set it up.

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching a video to play PS Vita with a PS4 controller but it requires CFW. How bad would that be for my account and trophies?

Or is it possible to stream the screen to PS4 and play there or even to PC, playing on the Vita sucks

Edited by jvaferreira

I was watching a video to play PS Vita with a PS4 controller but it requires CFW. How bad would that be for my account and trophies?

Or is it possible to stream the screen to PS4 and play there or even to PC, playing on the Vita sucks

CFW = a Perma-ban from PSN and loss of all digital privileges when you get caught so don't waste your time. If you want to use a PS4 controller with a Vita game, then get yourself a PS TV and use that instead but do note that not all Vita games are PS TV compatible.

Edited by Terminator
Update.

CFW = a Perma-ban from PSN and loss of all digital privileges when you get caught so don't waste your time. If you want to use a PS4 controller with a Vita game, then get yourself a PS TV and use that instead but do note that not all Vita games are PS TV compatible.

This is what I personally do; assuming that the game is of course a Vita Game and compatible with the PSTV.

On a side note there is a way to Remote Play on the Vita using your DS4, if you are wanting to play a PS4 Game without the buttons being remapped.

[ame]

[/ame]

I’ve used this a few times and just sign into the Vita with my alt, then switch to my main during Remote Play.

• 1 month later...

I successfully played my dad's PS4 on my Vita with the Atlantic Ocean between the systems :dance: Now I can play a year's worth of stacks I haven't been able to play!

Although, there was a half-second to full second delay at times even though I have 100+ mbps download and he has 25+ mbps upload speeds. The quality and graphics were smooth. The only times the framerate dropped and there was screen tearing was when my wife started Netflix. But it went back to normal soon after. Honestly, the gameplay was way better than when I did Remote Play in my own house. Only played Fullblast, Jack N' Jill DX, and Little Red Lie. The first two were difficult when there was a delay. I'll have to play only RPG stacks and games with less moving/low reaction speed.

• 4 months later...

Is there a way to tell fake vita games vs real ones? I recently bought a Vita from Ebay(oled screen, 3g+wifi) and have bought a few "new" games of ebay, Yomawari Night Alone/htol#niq The FireFly Diary and Persona 4 Golden, but never having owned a vita before I don't know what the carts/stickers are suppose to look like.

ModernSith2010 said:
Is there a way to tell fake vita games vs real ones? I recently bought a Vita from Ebay(oled screen, 3g+wifi) and have bought a few "new" games of ebay, Yomawari Night Alone/htol#niq The FireFly Diary and Persona 4 Golden, but never having owned a vita before I don't know what the carts/stickers are suppose to look like.

The game's front and back are at the bottom of the screen. As to stickers on the actual game, you'll just have to do a search and Google images of the game specifically. I think the chances of you getting a fake game are very low.

spacer.png

Edited by DrHambone
fixed broken image link