Legendary Items - Locations and Stats

dividedbyn1ght

The list isn't 100% yet. Some of the weapon abilities were left blank because I couldn't find out exactly what they do. If you know what the abilities do let me know and I'll fix it. If you encounter mistakes let me know and I will fix the mistakes.

Scythes are listed first, followed by Secondary Weapons, then Legendary Armor and finally Legendary Talismans. Most legendary item lists, list items in alphabetical order. I listed the items according to their level, from lowest level to highest level. So it would hopefully be easier for people to find items closer to their level.

Locations and Details for each item are in spoiler tags, you can see the item stats and not have to worry about the fear of spoilers being revealed.

Scythes

Chaos Fang

Level 1

Damage: 48-56

Critical Chance: +20%

Critical Damage: +200%

[spoiler=ChaosFang]Location: Tri-Stone

Details: You need to complete Darksiders 1 and get the completion achievement/trophy. Then talk to Muria

Bheithir's Talons

http://darksidersdungeon.net/wiki/images/8/8a/Bheithir_Talon.png

Level: 15

Damage: 64-84

Critical Damage: +150%

Special Ability: Bheithir's Fire - Foes hit by the scythes immolate, and burn for a short period of time.

[spoiler=BheithirsTalons]Location: The Nook

Details: Defeat Bheithir in the basement of the Nook. (Requires the Deathgrip.)

Black Demise

Damage: 131-151

Health Bonus: 50

Health Steal: +10%

Special Ability: Black Heart- Unknown

[spoiler=BlackDemise]Location: Soul Arbiter's Maze

Details: Find the secret area on Level 5 of the maze.

Goldbringer

Level: 17

Damage: 142-164

Special Ability: Midas Touch- Robs all those it strikes not only of their life, but of their coin.

[spoiler=Goldbringer]Location: The Ivory Citadel

Details: On the second floor. In south part of the map, where you solve a puzzle to get past the water pipes, find the corruption crystals. If you destroy these crystals, you will be able to reveal a switch that will open a gate.

Follow the water pipe to the end below to get to the weapon.

Guillotine

Level: 19

Damage: 161-185

Critical Damage: +300%

Special Ability: Fate- Guides the wielder's attacks to strike blows of exquisite carnage.

[spoiler=Guillotine]Location: The Fjord

Details: You need to complete Blackroot’s stonebite side-quest.

Demonflame Renders

http://www.darksiders.com/sites/darksiders.com/files/imagecache/ds2012_weapon_thumb/game-info/weapons/demonflame-renders.png

Level: 19

Damage: 161-185

Critical Chance: +40%

Special Ability: Demonfire-

[spoiler=demonflame]Location: The Black Stone

Details: In the first floor of the Black Stone, where you face off a couple of enemies (soldier and the champion), you will find a circular shaft on the east side of the dungeon. Inside the shaft, head to the lowest ledge and roam around a bit the find a hidden path there.

GnoMAD Scythes

Level: 21

Damage: 140-166

Special Ability: You Mad?

[spoiler=GnoMAD]Location: Serpent's Tome

Details: Locate and Collect the 4 Gnomes. One gnome is found in each of these dungeons- Weeping Crag, City of the Dead, Ivory Citadel, Black Stone.

Lifebane

Damage: 174-200

Special Ability: Lifebane- Slows and Freezes the enemy in a block of ice.

[spoiler=lifebane]Location: The Dark Fortress

Details: Defeat the Icebound Guardian in NG+ mode to get the reward.

Barbed Defilers

Level: 22

Damage: 187-215

Special Ability: Defile-

[spoiler=defilers]Location: The Crucible

Details: You will have to complete 51-75 of the Crucible waves to get this item.

Static Blades (Pre-Order Item Only)

Level: 25

Damage: 213-245

Arcane Critical Chance: +15%

Critical Chance: +10%

Special Ability: Static Shock-

[spoiler=staticblades]Location: The Eternal Throne

Details: This can only be unlocked during your second playthrough. In NG+ mode, complete Draven’s side-quest to return the Bloodless Talisman.

Secondary Weapons

Dark Avenger

Level: 5

Damage (Fast): 60-72

Defense: 36

Knockback Power: +25%

[spoiler=darkavenger]Location: The Cauldron

Details: Defeat the boss Gharn

Masher of Karkinos

Level: 7

Damage (Slow): 191-225

Strength: 10

Critical Chance: +10%

Critical Damage: +50%

[spoiler=Karkinos]Location: The Drenchfort

Details: Defeat the boss Karkinos to have this weapon.

Omega Blades

Level: 7

Damage (Fast): 73-83

Critical Chance: +7%

Special Ability: Omega Fire- Each strike of the scythes can cause opponents to erupt into flames, and those flames can spread to nearby enemies.

[spoiler=omega]Locations: The Shattered Forge - Second Floor

Details: Fight your way through Constructs, and you’ll then need to swim through an underwater passage. You’ll come out facing Shadowbomb pods.

Find the first Shadowbomb pod in the area, then return to the previous room to destroy some Corruptions crystals. The secondary weapon is located in the alcove blocked by the crystals

Gauntlets of Savagery (Pre-Order Only)

Level: 8

Damage (Fast): 78-90

Special Ability: Bloodlust- The wearer of these gauntlets is imbued with the demon's feral energy; the more damage is done to the wielder, the more frenzied and savage his attacks become.

[spoiler=savagery]Location: Tri-Stone

Details: completion of the "Lost and Found Part III" side quest

Gorewood Maul

http://www.darksiders.com/sites/darksiders.com/files/imagecache/ds2012_weapon_thumb/game-info/weapons/gorewood-maul.png

Level: 10

Damage (Slow): 254-292

Knockback Power: +50%

Strength bonus: +100%

[spoiler=gorewood]Location: The Weeping Crag

Details: Defeat the boss “Gorewood” to receive

Lich Spines

Level: 12

Damage (Fast): 138-158

Wrath Steal: +5%

Special Ability: The strike of the Lich Spines can shock an opponent

[spoiler=lich]Location: City of the Dead - First Floor

Details: After leaving the central area and moving through the statue room you can’t yet solve, you’ll enter a hall through the north door.Inside the hallway, use the ledges to reach a post. You’ll need to use a 180-leap and then run along the wall to reach the high ledge.

Achidna's Fangs

http://www.darksiders.com/sites/darksiders.com/files/imagecache/ds2012_weapon_thumb/game-info/weapons/achidnas_fangs.png

Damage (Fast): 132-152

Critical Chance: +17%

Special Ability: Searing Venom- Siphon health from his foes, weakening them only to strengthen the Reaper.

[spoiler=achidna]Location: Psychameron

Details: Defeat the boss “Achidna” to receive.

Mortis

Damage (Fast): 55-56

Defense: 31

Special Ability: Aegis Burst- Gives Death a defensive stance that can be followed by a ground pound.

[spoiler=mortis]Location: Serpent's Tome

Details: Can only be acquired by including the secret code that is given when fans order the Darksiders Novel, Darksiders: The Abomination Vault

Fists of Elhazar

Level: 16

Damage (Fast): 144-166

Special Ability: Elhazar's Glare and Elhazer's Might- the Fists of Elhazar grant their wielder many benefits; enemies are staggered by hammer blows, their bodies devastated by increasingly severe hits to critical areas.

[spoiler=elhazar]Location: Earth - First Floor

Details: After fighting the Noss and escaping into the underground tunnels, you’ll come out inside a ruined hotel. Look for a room with a hill of trash. Inside, look up and jump to a hidden alcove with the secondary weapon.

Sunder

Level: 17

Damage (Slow): 359-393

Critical Chance: +20%

Special Ability: Shielding- may also create a protective orb around its wielder that mitigates damage dealt by the enemy

[spoiler=sunder]Location: Earth

Details: obtained by completing Light of the Fallen Side-Quest from Uriel

Executioner's Hook

Level: 18

Damage (Fast): 120-136

Special Ability: Execution- These hooks strike heavy blows that build each other to gouge horrific wounds.

[spoiler=executioner]Location: Soul Arbiter's Maze

Details: You will get this weapon as a reward on defeating Soul Arbiter boss.

Absolution

Level: 20

Damage (Slow): 527-597

Strength: 43

Special Ability: Absolution- Channels the righteous fury of its wielder into powerful blasts that slow enemies and knock nearby foes away.

[spoiler=absolution]Location: Serpent's Tome

Details: Beating the game and starting New Game Plus. At the beginning of this playthrough you will receive a notification that Vulgrim has left you a gift.

Scepter of the Deposed King

Level: 20

Damage (Slow): 474-534

Ice Damage: 467

[spoiler=scepter]Location: Lair of the Deposed King

Details: Obtained upon defeating Argul

Spear of Storms

Damage (Slow): 497-549

Special Ability: Arcing

[spoiler=spear]Location: Shadow's Edge - Death Tomb 4

Details: Found inside the fourth Death Tomb, you’ll need to return forty Pages of the Dead to unlock this optional area

Mace of the Everflame

Level: 27

Damage (Slow): 634-730

Critical Chance: +25%

[spoiler=everflame]Location: The Black Stone

Details: Acquired after defeating Samael during a second playthrough of the game.

Aftermath

Level: 30

Damage (Slow): 713-821

Strength: 106

Wrath Per Hit: 767

Increases its wielder's Strength, but it also restores Health, Wrath, and Reaper energy with every strike.

[spoiler=aftermath]Location: The Crucible

Details: Complete all 100-waves of The Crucible in one sitting

Edited by dividedbyn1ght

Legendary Armor

Pauldron of the Horseman

Level: 5

Defense: 43

Arcane: 9

Strength: 7

Critical Damage: +6%

[spoiler=horseman]Location: Tri-Stone

Details: Muria will give this item to Death if there is a save file on your system for the original Darksiders

Abyssal Boots

Defense: 125

Arcane: 44

Strength: 44

[spoiler=boots]Location: The Crucible

Details: Complete waves 26-50

Abyssal Spaulders

Defense: 208

Arcane: 74

Strength: 74

[spoiler=spaulder]Location: The Crucible

Details: Complete waves 76-100

Abyssal Gauntlets

Defense: 125

Arcane: 44

Strength: 44

[spoiler=gauntlets]Location: The Fjord

Details: Obtained once you complete the side quest given to you by Ostegoth, which is to find the 30 pieces of lost relics

Abyssal Armor

Level: 30

Defense: 208

Arcane: 74

Strength: 74

[spoiler=armor]Location: Shadow's Edge

Details: Collect all the Pages of the Dead to enter Death Tomb 4. Inside the Tomb, destroy all 12 pots to reveal a hidden chest

Legendary Talismans

Blade Master Talisman

Level: 9

Special Ability: Blade Master- Grants you access to all the moves in the game, but only when you have it equipped

[spoiler=blademaster]Location: The Nook - Death Tomb 1

Details: You’ll need to collect ten Pages of the Dead and return them to unlock

this optional area

Grim Talisman

Level: 9

Special Ability: Grim- makes any weapon wielded by its owner build Reaper Energy with every successful attack

[spoiler=grim]Location: Tri-Stone

Details: Complete the Shaman’s Craft side-quest for Muira

Heartstone Talisman

Level: 11

Health: +100

[spoiler=heartstone]Location: The Crucible

Details: Complete waves 1-25 to unlock

Demonheart Talisman

Level: 14

Special ability: Demonheart- Turns all common weapon drops into possessed weapon drops

[spoiler=demonheart]Location: Lair of the Deposed King - Death Tomb 2

Details: You need to return 20 pages of the book of the dead.

Keen Talisman

Level: 16

Scythe Damage: +11%

[spoiler=keen]Location: Boneriven - Burial Passages Area 7

Details: You’ll have to make your way through underground tomb tunnels. In the second of these tunnels, just as you enter the room, look in the first alcove to your right.

Hoard-Seeker Talisman

Level: 18

Special Ability: Hoardseeker- Whenever the bearer of this talisman slays an enemy, there is a small chance that a powerful item will appear.

[spoiler=hoard]Location: Lostlight - Death Tomb 3

Details: You’ll need to collect thirty Pages of the Dead to unlock the optional area

The Crown of the Dead

Level: 22

Gilt Found: +50%

[spoiler=crown]Location: Soul Arbiter's Maze

Details: You need to defeat Soul Arbiter in the Soul Arbiter's Maze

Assassin Talisman

Level: 26

Ranged Damage Mod: +9%

[spoiler=assassin]Location: The Crucible

Details: Complete waves 76-100

Elemental Talisman

Level: 28

Elemental Damage: +19%

[spoiler=element]Location: The Crucible

Details: Defeat the final challenge at wave 101

So, achidnas fangs say venom on them. That is essentially 'Health Steal'? Would other pieces of equipment also say, 'venom' on them, or would they have the 'Health Steal' attribute on them, which is essentially the same as 'Venom'?

Other items say health steal. The thing about the fangs is that while it's equipped the effect works in scythes. Scythes will steal health with the fangs equipped. I believe the only weapon that allows this

Other items say health steal. The thing about the fangs is that while it's equipped the effect works in scythes. Scythes will steal health with the fangs equipped. I believe the only weapon that allows this

That's correct. Which is what makes it one of four or so legendary items that are worth using at any point in the game.

Good job on compiling a list by the way. Great effort. It's just a shame that there is no trophy associated with it and the items themselves are quite poor. Then again, having another damn collectible trophy would really suck.

That's correct. Which is what makes it one of four or so legendary items that are worth using at any point in the game.

Good job on compiling a list by the way. Great effort. It's just a shame that there is no trophy associated with it and the items themselves are quite poor. Then again, having another damn collectible trophy would really suck.

I found that the Legendary Talismans were worthless. One ability and zero stats 95% of the time. It didn't feel worth it to use a statless Talisman.

Wait, so does that mean that scythes are the only other item that will have health steal?

Or

Do you mean that it is the only off-hand item that will have health steal that effects your main hand, which is essentially the same as all the armor pieces with health steal on them?

Sorry I am being dense.

I don't think that's the actual ability. I think that's a bug.

It is the ability. I can't find it on the Darksiders 2 forums, but there was a topic in which someone said the Black Demise Scythes stopped his wrath potions from working and someone from THQ said they notified Vigil and that Vigil said it's not a bug. In exchange for health steal at level 15 the Black Heart Ability stops wrath potions from working.

Besides making your own possessed weapons, are there any other scythes more powerful/useful than Black Demise? I just got these in the Maze and.....damn. I never seem to drop below 50% health.

Unless I can make some possessed scythes with higher damage and the ability to health steal/high crit damage, I don't see myself using any other weapon for the remainder of the game.

Besides making your own possessed weapons, are there any other scythes more powerful/useful than Black Demise? I just got these in the Maze and.....damn. I never seem to drop below 50% health.

Unless I can make some possessed scythes with higher damage and the ability to health steal/high crit damage, I don't see myself using any other weapon for the remainder of the game.

Around level 25 scythes with health steal and wrath steal start showing up. I dropped the Black Demise Scythes at level 20 because the damage was too low. I had Health on Crit and thanks to my 3 pieces of abyssal gear and a talisman plus some other stuff my crit chance was 68%. That along with Teleport Slash had allowed me to stay above 70% health most of the time. Also, I hated not being able to use wrath potions with the Black Demise Scythes equipped.

Edited by cruzader23

I don't find them useful at all.

The downside of not being able to chuck some wrath potions is to big some times compared with their fairly low damage in higher levels and the lack of other enchants.

A +crit% +crit dmg scythe with Achidna's Fangs seems far more useful.

Also Wrath Steal is far more useful than Life Steal IMO. Nothing beats spamming Teleport Slash

• 4 months later...

At lvl 21, this scythes, combined with Arachnid Fangs allow me to stay alive and spam the hell of whatever i want. I got lucky with the wrath steal option when the scythes dropped for the first time. The Scythes are fully upgraded now :)

http://i48.tinypic.com/aww1w5.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...