Far Cry 2 - Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Archavia

Is the "Ban" option in MP the same as "Kicking" someone from your game or is that something else?

i think bans require a vote and kicking is done from the host only. although i think the message given to the player after a kick/ban is the same.

Can you only kick people whilst you are all still in the lobby or can you do it after the game has started?

Have I mentioned the banning/kicking somewhere, as I can't remember exactly. If so, is what I've what written about it a bit confusing?

Host can choose to "ban player" at any time, be it in-lobby or in-game. I think anyone else can only call for a vote to kick/ban a player.

Fantastic guide, by the way!

Thankyou solareng :)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've mentioned kicking people out a couple of times, just not how to do it :).

I really need to download FC2 again so I can clarify everything... I don't know which button it is to kick/ban someone as host anymore :rolleyes: Oh and I just checked and I've only mentioned it in one trophy, so if someone could tell me what button it is to kick someone as host, I'll clarify the description :)

Edited by Dark_Raven666

I've got another tip for you for the Mapper trophy :).

To speed things up a little bit make sure you only download maps that have "DM" in the box that tell you which game types they support. I say do this as Deathmatch is the default game type and you will waste valuable time messing around with the settings trying to change it to another game type if you don't.

I found this out the hard way as I downloaded 25 maps but only 18 showed up, it turned out that the other 7 didn't support normal Deathmatch :facepalm:.

I've got another tip for you for the Mapper trophy :).

To speed things up a little bit make sure you only download maps that have "DM" in the box that tell you which game types they support. I say do this as Deathmatch is the default game type and you will waste valuable time messing around with the settings trying to change it to another game type if you don't.

I found this out the hard way as I downloaded 25 maps but only 18 showed up, it turned out that the other 7 didn't support normal Deathmatch :facepalm:.

Added it :)

i believe you can still select a player's name from the score card in-game. and i want to say if your the host your allowed to either look at the player's profile or just have the option (with triangle i think?) to kick them.

ill try and install fc2 again tonight and get back to you if nothing has been posted about it yet.

i believe you can still select a player's name from the score card in-game. and i want to say if your the host your allowed to either look at the player's profile or just have the option (with triangle i think?) to kick them.

ill try and install fc2 again tonight and get back to you if nothing has been posted about it yet.

Yeah I was considering re-downloading it to check some things, but I don't want to expend 10GB of download just to check a few things. I'll mention the in-game scorecard.

well i can check for you, just did. and for kicking in game (if your the host) just hit select to open the score card, select the players name to open their profile and choose the "ban player" option. what else do you want to know?

well i can check for you, just did. and for kicking in game (if your the host) just hit select to open the score card, select the players name to open their profile and choose the "ban player" option. what else do you want to know?

There isn't really anything else to my knowledge. If you think of something worthwhile, then feel free to mention it and I'll add it, but I'm pretty happy with it's current state :)

Okay, I think it is Fool's Errand, but I'm not entirely sure. To be safe, do all the miscellaneous missions and collectible requirements before advancing beyond that mission. Also, maintain 3 seperate savestates and save before every mission. That way if you do the mission and realise it's the last, then you can simply load an earlier save.

Okay, I think it is Fool's Errand, but I'm not entirely sure. To be safe, do all the miscellaneous missions and collectible requirements before advancing beyond that mission. Also, maintain 3 seperate savestates and save before every mission. That way if you do the mission and realise it's the last, then you can simply load an earlier save.

Thank you, I'm already using 3 saves in rotation so I will keep an eye out for that mission :). BTW this is something I've always wondered but what is it that keeps you from returning to the North after leaving it? Is it some kind of armed boarder crossing or is it something else?

Thank you, I'm already using 3 saves in rotation so I will keep an eye out for that mission :). BTW this is something I've always wondered but what is it that keeps you from returning to the North after leaving it? Is it some kind of armed boarder crossing or is it something else?

I honestly cannot remember, beyond the fact that it's plot-based. I guess you'll find out when you get to the South :p (Speaking of, don't forget the diamonds in the Central Desert, as you're only there once when you go from North to South!)

I honestly cannot remember, beyond the fact that it's plot-based. I guess you'll find out when you get to the South :p (Speaking of, don't forget the diamonds in the Central Desert, as you're only there once when you go from North to South!)

That's cool, I will remember to pick up Central Diamonds :).

• 2 weeks later...

if you try to go back to the north after you move to the south you suffer a heatstroke, or something like that, halfway through the central desert area, the screen goes blurry like when you have a malaria attack then you black out and wake up a few metres back from where you passed out. The same thing happens if you move outside the edge of the map.

if you try to go back to the north after you move to the south you suffer a heatstroke, or something like that, halfway through the central desert area, the screen goes blurry like when you have a malaria attack then you black out and wake up a few metres back from where you passed out. The same thing happens if you move outside the edge of the map.

That would make sense since you're in the middle of an incredibly hot country and are ill :).

Rescue all the Buddies from their respective predicaments

Missable.

Throughout the game, there'll be 11 buddies that you can rescue, 7 of which will be story-related. 6 of the 11 can be located in the North Territory, whereas the last 5 can be located in the South Territory. Below are the locations for the 11 buddies.

You need to phrase the bolded part differently. From what you stated, it is implied that 7 out of the 11 buddies (when you say "7 of which") are story related, which leaves only 4 more to be rescued, which is statistically incorrect.

Paraphrasing the quote, a better way to explain the walkthrough would be:

Throughout the game, there'll be 11 buddies that you can rescue. 6 of the 11 can be located in the North Territory, whereas the last 5 can be located in the South Territory. Below are the locations for the 11 buddies. Seven rescued buddies are story related, and are unrelated to the trophy (which I don't know since I haven't progressed that far).

You need to phrase the bolded part differently. From what you stated, it is implied that 7 out of the 11 buddies (when you say "7 of which") are story related, which leaves only 4 more to be rescued, which is statistically incorrect.

Paraphrasing the quote, a better way to explain the walkthrough would be:

Okay then, I'll fix it :)