Tournament Wishlist & Discussion

Tuffinz

Yeah, I would like to try my hand at getting a site award! However, my main game (in terms of online play) would be UMvC3, which isn't getting much support from here in terms of members willing to play

yea thats true i would really love a umvc3 tourney! :)

lol man warturtle im up for some mahvel some time.

While the game is hated by the majority with the typical rants and disagreements with how Capcom handles expansions and DLC, anyone who actually bought and played the game on site probably doesn't care that much about those issues. I think there should be enough for even a small tournament if the tournament is known to them, SCV got the most votes last time and didn't even break the required sign up amount. Thanks PS3T members :whistle:

Ssf4 AE all the way.

Why do people hate on sfxt? I know it's Childs play compared to sf but its fun to play.

Street Fighter x Tekken really isn't fun to play at all, Light Jabs all day until you get a hit in for derp damage. Time outs are also a big issue, we spend all this time forced to block jab pressure the games take much longer and with two characters to go through it makes matches more prone to time outs. Also how the time still goes during super animations and ends in time outs before letting the finishing blow of supers is just stupid.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, we are looking at doing another set of fighting game tournaments with Tekken Tag 2 and a SF game being the duo.

I think there should still be a vote between the following titles:

• Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Persona has proven to be quite the popular title in the FGC right now and has shown numbers up their with both Capcom titles, I haven't looked at Tekken numbers yet but its safe to say its getting attention too and it has site favorite since its tournament was actually played last time :p Finally the two Capcom titles are just staples since they are the most played fighting games for the longest time.

I don't think games should be finalized without word from the community especially the ones who are actually looking forward to these fighting game tournaments.

Edited by Setsuna

Putting it to a vote works. I had no idea how popular P4A is and the other three are good choices. The Madden tournament starts this week. FIFA will be up after that. We'll slate whichever fighting games in for November.

Depending on how the online is, I'd also like to see a Playstation All-Stars tournament.

Putting it to a vote works. I had no idea how popular P4A is and the other three are good choices. The Madden tournament starts this week. FIFA will be up after that. We'll slate whichever fighting games in for November.

Depending on how the online is, I'd also like to see a Playstation All-Stars tournament.

Thats fine that also gives time to get the "new game hype" feeling off of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and somewhat Persona 4 Arena so we can get more accurate results upon voting. I can vouch that the online for each of the following games are playable as well so long as each player isn't trying to multitask with their ISP :p

I think Playstation All-Stars should be a guaranteed event but outside of the 2 selected from the ... I guess you could call them "Traditional" fighters (that may be the wrong word). But I agree if the online is good a tournament or some sort of game night should be done for it as well.

Not sure if it's been done but what about Gotham City Impostors? We could use some PSN luv.

That would be a FUN game night! I havent played in awhile. But you cant make lobbies still right? That could be big problem. I only remember having friends who invited me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It would be nice with a fifa league of some sort! Like 16 or 20 compete in a league. Then 2 matches against each participant. :p

This so damn hard. A league would be so much more epic than the classic knock out tournament. It's also the best way to find the true FIFA god on this site. And if you have 32+ participants. You can create 2 leagues and have the two champions duke it out in a best of 7 play off style.

Yeah it'll take dedication of the participants but we've got enough FIFA lovers on this site and people always feel more motivated when it's an official tournament.

This so damn hard. A league would be so much more epic than the classic knock out tournament. It's also the best way to find the true FIFA god on this site. And if you have 32+ participants. You can create 2 leagues and have the two champions duke it out in a best of 7 play off style.

Yeah it'll take dedication of the participants but we've got enough FIFA lovers on this site and people always feel more motivated when it's an official tournament.

A league would be a great idea and would truly distinguish the best at FIFA. As I've proved in the current knockout tournament, blind luck and jammy last minute goals can see you through against superior opponents :p

Chelsea did it last year in real life too :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow. 5 pages and only one mention of an Assassin's Creed tournament?

AC would be an awful idea for a tournament. How would you even manage this or decide on game modes etc? Perfect for a gaming night, but not a tournament. Plus you'd need to find a time were 6-8 people could all be online at once. They're best left to sports or fighting games.

• 2 weeks later...