Metal Gear Solid 4 - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

In my opinion The Boss Extreme BBE playthrough should come 2nd or 3rd. Why? It's because items you get for BigBossEmblem will make all of your next playthroughs MUCH easier and MUCH faster. No need to stress for Assassin Emblem or any other depending on alerts with the Stealth Camo.

I agree and by the comments of others most of them are doing that. There is also another point of view which is you can give up sooner if you can't get to pass the BBE run :p

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Big Boss Emblem walkthroughs on YouTube where during the bike chase, they shoot at Barrels to get rid of enemies. Can anyone confirm this does not count as a kill. The second area is a real bitch cause you can get raped by their bullets very early. What's the best method to use? I already have the Solar gun.

smoke granades.

I'm in my chicken run, and I have a question about the using recovery items. If I use up all my recovery items, then kill myself and after the continue use them all again and rinse and repeat. Will they all add up?

Yes they will count.

I've seen Big Boss Emblem walkthroughs on YouTube where during the bike chase, they shoot at Barrels to get rid of enemies. Can anyone confirm this does not count as a kill. The second area is a real bitch cause you can get raped by their bullets very early. What's the best method to use? I already have the Solar gun.

If you find the second area a bitch, then wait for the third. Shooting at barrels does NOT count as kills. But it's risky to try and shoot them with a lethal weapons since you may hit and kill an enemy.

I advise saving Solar Gun for later. Use stun and smoke grenades like hell.

If you find the second area a bitch, then wait for the third. Shooting at barrels does NOT count as kills. But it's risky to try and shoot them with a lethal weapons since you may hit and kill an enemy.

Thanks for confirming it. I'm still stuck in this section. Personally I find Act 3 to be the hardest because of the bike chase.

Yes they will count.

Solar Gun can be used during the first two areas as much as you like, as long as you have it equipped when going to the third area. Just like your health, your Solar Gun will completely regenerate upon entering the third area, just as long as you have it equipped.

in act 5 i needed some kills also i need 23 alerts <_< for chicken help
Near the end of the first area, you have to open a watertight door and go down an elevator. If you stand in the area just before the elevator, you can quickly go from Alert mode to Evasion mode. Get an Alert and hide in this area until you're down to an Evasion, then repeat. For kills, just kill all the FROGs, and if you kill them all and still need more kills, just kill yourself and continue: Continues start you at the beginning of the checkpoint, but save emblem progress.

During the Raging Raven boss battle, you will find a great way to farm Continues. Go to the top of the tower, exit to the balcony and jump to your death. Repeat as many times as you want to.

ZOLANTON, at the start of the battle Raging Raven blows up a hole in the wall near Snake and you can jump to death through that hole ... isn't this faster than going to the top floor?

Did you download any tracks ? I read somewhere that you can't pick up tunes when your iPod is full (not sure if the limit is 42 tracks). But then you say you have all required tunes in your iPod so could be a glitch. Sorry

No I have never downloaded any Ipod tracks even pre patch

This is kinda a silly thing to be worried about.

I finished my Chicken and Big Boss runs already. After I finished the Big Boss run I did the full install for the game since I put it off until then. But for some reason I find myself worried that full install disrupted the trophy tracker for Sounds of the Battlefield. There is nothing to suggest it did. I just don't want tot do all these playthroughs to not get the sounds of the battlefield trophy in the end.

or...Is that trophy just triggered when I acquired all songs on 1 save game?