Metal Gear Solid 4 - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering if anyone can give me recommendations on good areas to get the various CQC emblems. Thanks!

I found a good spot at the Crescent Meridian in Act 1, switch on the stealth camo, head up to the two PMCs at the sandbags near the back, and repeatedly take them out. They respawn pretty quickly, and so long as you take out the one closest to the back first then you should be okay.

I'll give you the same answer I gave you in my thread, in case you check here first:

Whoops, I didn't realize I posted this question twice. I was pretty tired last night when browsing the forums. :confused:

I found a good spot at the Crescent Meridian in Act 1, switch on the stealth camo, head up to the two PMCs at the sandbags near the back, and repeatedly take them out. They respawn pretty quickly, and so long as you take out the one closest to the back first then you should be okay.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out. :)

I'm having a hard time getting Roy Campbell's face camo. I go to the Act 1 mission briefing, bump him like I'm supposed to with the Mk. II, but once the briefing ends...no face camo. I've bumped him more than once and I've repeated the briefing several times to no avail. Do I have to be past a certain act to get it? I'm currently on Act 2 if that helps.

I'm having a hard time getting Roy Campbell's face camo. I go to the Act 1 mission briefing, bump him like I'm supposed to with the Mk. II, but once the briefing ends...no face camo. I've bumped him more than once and I've repeated the briefing several times to no avail. Do I have to be past a certain act to get it? I'm currently on Act 2 if that helps.

I had the same problem. You must acquire the facecamo from the Laughing Octopus fight first.

Zolanton excellent guide!!! Έτσι ρε Ελλαδάρα!!!!

RESPECT :D

If you want add this to your big boss emblem guide:

When Liquid is "taunting you" if you are standing you can press and hold triangle and you will regain some health. Liquid also gains health when you do this but:

1. He gains less than you

2. It's far better to make the fight last longer than to have to replay it from the start ;)

Congratulations again on the FANTASTIC guide :D

Zolanton excellent guide!!! Έτσι ρε Ελλαδάρα!!!!

RESPECT :D

If you want add this to your big boss emblem guide:

When Liquid is "taunting you" if you are standing you can press and hold triangle and you will regain some health. Liquid also gains health when you do this but:

1. He gains less than you

2. It's far better to make the fight last longer than to have to replay it from the start ;)

Congratulations again on the FANTASTIC guide :D

5 star guide it is helping alot!

Thank you guys. Really appreciate it. ΠΑΜΕ ΕΝΣΤΙΚΤΟ ΕΛΛΑΔΑΡΑ!!!!

I added this to my guide. This should answer a few questions

FAQ

Yeah, your flashback list helped me tremendously. Got it in one go on my chicken run with it. On the Big Boss emblem now and have just hit Act 5. Will finish tomorrow but so far it seems a lot easier then my first BBE run from 4 years ago. Only one trophy away from plat, but still have 5 playthroughs after this one to finish.

great guide thanks!

and is 4 chaff grenades enough for the big boss run?

To be able to chaff every group of Gekkos/Dwarf Gekkos, you need 5/6. You can easily pick up another 4 (2 at the end of the Marketplace in Act 2), 2 on the Helipad in Act 4) during the Big Boss run though, so you should be fine.

where i can find or buy MK.46 Mod 1? what act ? ty anyway
I believe it's available from Act 4, not entirely sure though. Regardless, you'll be able to buy it once you reach Act 5 for half price.

To be able to chaff every group of Gekkos/Dwarf Gekkos, you need 5/6. You can easily pick up another 4 (2 at the end of the Marketplace in Act 2), 2 on the Helipad in Act 4) during the Big Boss run though, so you should be fine.

I believe it's available from Act 4, not entirely sure though. Regardless, you'll be able to buy it once you reach Act 5 for half price.

Also if the resistance member decides to take the sewer route because you were too slow in neutralizing the guards in the starting area there are some chaff on the left side of the upper walkway above the sewers, behind the left most guard.

Edited by snake2410

Also if the resistance member decides to take the sewer route because you were too slow in neutralizing the guards in the starting area there are some chaff on the left side of the upper walkway above the sewers, behind the left most guard.

There's also the one at the Confinement Facility, I just didn't mention it as if he has 4 already, he wouldn't need another 6 or 8 Chaffs :)

thank you 4 the info. pal, still in act 2 , oh 1 more question want to ask , where can i check/see status give items to friendly soldier ?

No April's Fool got here sooner than you expected.

EDIT: Well actually people may not believe it but it's been true for a month now.

THANK YOU GOD!!! THIS is going to be my NEXT Platinum. I'm going to go through blood, sweat, tears, and aggravation but I WILL have it as my 5th platinum.

Quick question.

Does the Altair costume count as a disguise against the rebels in act 1 and 2 so i can walk past them as you can't get the disguise after your first play through I think.

You should be able to get the Rebel disguise by rescuing the Rebels right at the start of Act 2, regardless of playthrough.

Guys i have a problem, I'm in Act 5 and I switched off the day on Sunday 19 August but in Drebin store there isn't a discout of 70% but only 50%...they changed this in the patch or what? I remember before the patch went out it was 70% on Wed and Sun...