Metal Gear Solid 4 - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

It totally depends on how determined and patient you are. The most troublesome things will be getting all emblems and more specifically the Chicken (playtime of 35 hours in one playthrough) and the Big Boss one (difficult-related). I think it is a totally doable platinum trophy.

Chicken I guess you just can stand still for in one spot, and for that big boss one what's it actually about? Why's it so hard?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question if i do the time related emblems before the entrance to a new area then enter new area and save it does that save my progress and/or count as a checkpoint or do i have to wait for a checkpoint somewhere in the new area. also if this is the case can i keep entering and re-entering the same two areas to save my progress

You don't need to enter a new area, you can also backtrack to previous locations.

But the official guide have all the weapons locations, iPods musics, emblems, what we have to do for the facecamos... So basically he have everything. Im on my 2nd playthrough, on my 3rd playthrough im gonna try see only the cutscenes flashbacks and see if i get the trophy.

I don't question the trophy for weapons etc but only the flashback one. There wasn't anything you could unlock before with all the flashback so it doesn't state if audio are needed for the trophy or not.

Btw 3rd playthrough nice. Did you do Chicken? I am on 2nd run doing Chicken I am in 26 hours so far. Gonna leave my PS3 overnight to wake up and finish the story.

Chicken I guess you just can stand still for in one spot, and for that big boss one what's it actually about? Why's it so hard?

Nothing hard, just time consuming and boring. May take a few days if you don't want to leave your PS3 open for long sessions of gaming.

Edited by ZOLANTON

The requirements for Big Boss Extreme are hard. Have you ever played a MGS? I don't even suggest getting MGS 4 just to Trophy whore.

I think you got me wrong there. I have never played a MGS game no, but I would try this one. I have heard it's one really good game, but I won't buy it if the trophies are too hard. I will enjoy the story and all, but if it's too hard, I'll just create a secondary account to play it on :) Just need to know what to do for that big boss thing :)

I think you got me wrong there. I have never played a MGS game no, but I would try this one. I have heard it's one really good game, but I won't buy it if the trophies are too hard. I will enjoy the story and all, but if it's too hard, I'll just create a secondary account to play it on :) Just need to know what to do for that big boss thing :)

Well, you REALLY need ot play MGS1, 2 and 3.....As this game is a pretty big fan-game. It has many references, and such, not to mention the story in general is a complete sequel to the others. You will lose a lot of enjoyment, I think, if you haven't played the other 3 first. The Big Boss info is on this thread. But, I understand how reading doesn't show how difficult it is..Its hard. I is very difficult. Getting through the whole game without dying, healing, being SEEN, or killing anyone (which is only, really, hard at SOME locations, its pretty easy to not kill through most of the game.), in UNDER 5 hours (meaning you have to be fast AND efficient, not just efficient.). Its a challenge, but, if you really enjoy the game, It really shouldn't be a problem. As for the 8 play through, only one you will have to watch the cut-scenes for. (whichever one you decide to do the Flashbacks on, as you have to hit 'x' REPEATEDLY AT THESE SECTIONS, TO SEE 'FLASHBACKS' FROM PREVIOUSGAMES.) (Sorry about the caps...) the flashbacks are another reason to play through the other games, first. All the games have pretty difficult platinum, though MGS4 takes the cake, I think.

Well, you REALLY need ot play MGS1, 2 and 3.....As this game is a pretty big fan-game. It has many references, and such, not to mention the story in general is a complete sequel to the others. You will lose a lot of enjoyment, I think, if you haven't played the other 3 first. The Big Boss info is on this thread. But, I understand how reading doesn't show how difficult it is..Its hard. I is very difficult. Getting through the whole game without dying, healing, being SEEN, or killing anyone (which is only, really, hard at SOME locations, its pretty easy to not kill through most of the game.), in UNDER 5 hours (meaning you have to be fast AND efficient, not just efficient.). Its a challenge, but, if you really enjoy the game, It really shouldn't be a problem. As for the 8 play through, only one you will have to watch the cut-scenes for. (whichever one you decide to do the Flashbacks on, as you have to hit 'x' REPEATEDLY AT THESE SECTIONS, TO SEE 'FLASHBACKS' FROM PREVIOUSGAMES.) (Sorry about the caps...) the flashbacks are another reason to play through the other games, first. All the games have pretty difficult platinum, though MGS4 takes the cake, I think.

Grinding S ranks for mech battles did me in on PW... that one is my cake!

Well thanks, that pretty much sums it up. But I need a really challenging platinum, so maybe i should pick this up :think: I will think about it :)

Grinding S ranks for mech battles did me in on PW... that one is my cake!

I haven't even beaten Peace Walker, I need to. I really enjoy it, though! And I wouldn't really know how hard that is, butit sounds challenging.

Well thanks, that pretty much sums it up. But I need a really challenging platinum, so maybe i should pick this up :think: I will think about it :)

Like I said, high recommendation of playing the first 3. MGS1 only has a PSN, PS1 and GameCube version, though. (GameCube version is liek a remake, that kinda plays similar ot the Second game. In fact, parts in MGS 4 use the voices/dialogue from THAT remake, rather than the original.) 2 and 3 ar ein an HD Collection. As well as Peace Walker, which isnt needed to understand the story. As, if you try and follow the MGS4 story, could lead to some confusion, on top of not having the same feeling. Trust me when I say that MGS4 does A LOT of 'fan service'. It is made for the fans. But, all the games have challenging trophies, so, if you want a series of challenging trophies, all of them are worth the platinum.

I am still idling on MGS4, here. Ding the chokes, syringes, hold ups and frisks. Haha. Man, these are time consuming...I only wish they had a tracker, other than during the Mission Briefings!!

EDIT: Oh, and Demon's Souls isn't a hard platinum. it is just time consuming. And he brought it up because you said you were looking for a difficult plat. but, as DS is challenigng by just beating it once, msot of the challenging trophies are just to defeat the bosses. (So, they are 'story related') and, even though this whole DS thing is off topic, you wouldn't really be confused if you went straight ot Drk SOuls, anyway....As it doesn't really have a story.

Edited by ZombieChocoboX

this seems like the place to ask this. i heard rumors that if you beat the game on easy 50 times or normal 25 you will unlock all Ipod songs? is there any truth to this it seems a bit far fetched?

while i played the hell out of the game from its release until the patch release (have not DLed patch) i have never heard of anyone mentioning this or even testing it.

this seems like the place to ask this. i heard rumors that if you beat the game on easy 50 times or normal 25 you will unlock all Ipod songs? is there any truth to this it seems a bit far fetched?

while i played the hell out of the game from its release until the patch release (have not DLed patch) i have never heard of anyone mentioning this or even testing it.

Would you rather play through on easy 50 times or Big Boss once? :think:

I don't know about you, but I'd rather just do the Big Boss Emblem...

Whoever said that should :facepalm: himself. No you won't get all iPod songs by playing on Easy even 1,000 times. You need to defeat the game on Boss Extreme and earn the Big Boss medal + all other 39 of them.

Whoever said that should :facepalm: himself. No you won't get all iPod songs by playing on Easy even 1,000 times. You need to defeat the game on Boss Extreme and earn the Big Boss medal + all other 39 of them.

Can you save in the game? I mean if you screw up on big boss you can just go back to where you haven't screwed up?

I was trying to farm up that 50 Hold-Ups + Body Searches in the Red Zone (Act 1).

Headed for the single soldier on the top floor, performed the action - all good.

But when I exit and reenter the area, he won't be respawned - only found his corpse...

What am I doing wrong? I thought he should respawn. :think:

But overall an awesome guide! It's layed out very well and I couldn't resist starting the game immediately after reading it!

Now I even killed all other soldiers in the area.

Then I go back to Red Zone NW and reenter Red Zone. But they don't respawn. Was it patched?

I thought i could farm in this area...

Can you save in the game? I mean if you screw up on big boss you can just go back to where you haven't screwed up?

Yes, you can save. But, when you load, you go to the start of the area, and the enemies respawn.

Now I even killed all other soldiers in the area.

Then I go back to Red Zone NW and reenter Red Zone. But they don't respawn. Was it patched?

I thought i could farm in this area...

You could farm where I am farming. In Act 3. (This also gets your Drebbin Points up, as well as adds tot he collection of weapons. And, I know for a fact, the enemies respawn.)

Edited by ZombieChocoboX

So in theory that makes it pretty easy really :think:

It doesn't mean you wont be replaying parts over and over again. Sure, the normal' sections will be easy, but, once you get ONE alert, you just reload. Doesn't mean its 'easy'. Plus, you could be about to kill a boss, and die. Then you would have to redo the WHOLE fight. (As you CAN NOT heal, so, if you have low health, it stays there.)

So in theory that makes it pretty easy really :think:

For doing the BBE run, it is within your absolute best interest to save the game each and every time you reach a new area. Some areas you can fly through, with or without luck. Some areas you might end up redoing over and over for an hour or more. Messing up and losing progress is very silly because you should just save and any time you screw up royally, reload to preserve your no kills/alerts, or to save time.

what a fuck?

Maby I'm old school but this sounds very weird for me.

I understnad that nowadays kids are playing games because of trophies and achievements being the main reason.

But you need to play the game on other account?? for what fuck sake? Why can't you play it on the basic account you have?

And Metal Gear games are those games you want to experience and enjoy how Kojima fucks up your head and then think about trophies.

Please don't come here acting all badass okay?

And maybe I care about my trophies, you don't, but hey I'm not you? If I want to do it that way, I will so it's none of your goddamn bussiness.

But hell, back to what I was talking about. With that save function, how can the trophy then be hard? As everytime you screw up, you just go a little it back and do it again. So how can it be hard? Sorry guys, I'm just confused :p

For the bee emblem does it count if I inject the same person with the syringe 50 times without knocking him out?

Edited by Guest

For doing the BBE run, it is within your absolute best interest to save the game each and every time you reach a new area. Some areas you can fly through, with or without luck. Some areas you might end up redoing over and over for an hour or more. Messing up and losing progress is very silly because you should just save and any time you screw up royally, reload to preserve your no kills/alerts, or to save time.

Indeed. Although this doesn't, technically, make it EASIER, as loading from a new area is basically just pressing 'continue' without pressing 'continue'. Though, its not easier like, say, BioShock, where you can save ANYWHERE and load from there. (Making the No Vita Chambers, Hard MOde run easy.)