Metal Gear Solid 4 - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Otacon spoke to me, the song got a little down on the volume but when he stopped, it continued normally

actually i belive, that in the right moment when you get the audio flash back on the helipad, the song cut off to me then otacon talked and i walked towards getting the gun used in mgs1, and then no song for me...

actually i belive, that in the right moment when you get the audio flash back on the helipad, the song cut off to me then otacon talked and i walked towards getting the gun used in mgs1, and then no song for me...

You missed the camera one? Don't worry even if you did, you are going to play the game a lot of times and the flashbacks stack across playthroughs.

For the Ant emblem do i need to actually get the items or just search and hit triangle once?

Gibbon Emblem = 50 hold ups

Ant Emblem = 50 frisks

By doing 50 frisks you're already doing 50 hold ups so you are basically doing two birds with one stone.

It's just frisking, you don't need to find anything. Just search them at least once. Frisk does not imply actually finding anything.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

Gibbon Emblem = 50 hold ups

Ant Emblem = 50 frisks

By doing 50 frisks you're already doing 50 hold ups so you are basically doing two birds with one stone.

It's just frisking, you don't need to find anything. Just search them at least once. Frisk does not imply actually finding anything.

Thanks i hoped this was the case or it would take allot longer

im looking for a good place to farm alerts guys, any heads up? im right out of the tank hangar of shadow moses, i think im off to get like 130 alerts :(

Act 5, at the beginning, have the FROGs at the beginning notice you, then just die. Repeat. Only way I can think of. haha.

Ditching the ALERT phase in Act4 and 5 is hard. In fact, I DONT think its possible in Act 5. And in Act 4 those little bastards are hard to escape.

EDIT: Woah, double post! That was odd! O.o

I need some tips on the CQC and holdups. Unfortunately i started my chicken run on solid normal so its a bit difficult to not get alerted when i try to get a CQC. I am now on the vista mansion and want to farm the following:

#09 Bear: This will be the final part the Gibbon-Bee-Bear combination. After you grab an enemy and inject him, now push to choke them to death. You need to choke 100 enemies for this emblem.

#16 Ant: You need to search 50 enemies to get items like in the Hands Up trophy. Do this to 50 enemies in total.

#17 Gibbon: You must perform 50 or more Hold-ups. Sneak up behind an enemy and aim at them by holding the button.

Can any old time MGS4 players confirm if you can hold up, search and scanplug the same guy 50 times? Obviously you would have to throw him at the end of all that and wake him up but it still might be less time?

To answer your question. It is inded hard to excape alerts in Act 4

Best places there are:

A) In the Tank Hanger. Get noticed by the Dwarf, get to the Canyon. Repeat. Watch out not to awaken the Gekkos there

B) During Crying Wolf battle. Get spotted by a FROG and quickly stun him with CQC. Wake her up and repeat.

C) Conveyor belt area. Get an alert, retreat to a previous area. Repeat

Can any old time MGS4 players confirm if you can hold up, search and scanplug the same guy 50 times? Obviously you would have to throw him at the end of all that and wake him up but it still might be less time?

You can hold, frisk, scanplug and choke to death/knife kill the same enemy

Edited by ZOLANTON

Today i recieve the Official Guide of MGS 4. And have a page wit hall the Flashbacks. So, that list its only about the :cross: flashbacks, dont say anything about the audio and gameplay flashbacks, only the cutscenes. So, i dount we need that flashbacks to. Here is a picture of that! This guie have eveything, all locations for iPods, all facecamos, emblems, guns, prices of all guns, everyting. So, if the Official Guide says that only have that flashbacks, i think its rigth.

On the guide have other pages with EXTRAS, when they talk a bout some easter eggs and secrets about the game. On that part have some of the audio and gameplay you guys refer like flashbacks.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418503_426385110735938_807082973_n.jpg

Someone read this or not?

Wow this guide has gotten 50k views in a couple of days! Great job ZOLANTON ;) But guys, if I buy this game, should I be able to plat it? Or will it rest on the shelf because of that one trophy refered to in the guide?

It totally depends on how determined and patient you are. The most troublesome things will be getting all emblems and more specifically the Chicken (playtime of 35 hours in one playthrough) and the Big Boss one (difficult-related). I think it is a totally doable platinum trophy.

@Mastodon yes I read that. But the official MGS 4 guide is not a trophy guide. Some things may not be described there. I am start to think that because I didn't get a bunch of audio flashbacks in my first run, I didn't get the trophy.

Edited by ZOLANTON

also, another thing on the emblems, like the time consuming ones lets see... does it acummulate like 20 minutes now, an hour later and so, or do i need to stay the time required all at once to obtain lets say, the lobster emblem?

also, another thing on the emblems, like the time consuming ones lets see... does it acummulate like 20 minutes now, an hour later and so, or do i need to stay the time required all at once to obtain lets say, the lobster emblem?

All emblems accumulate (except from the completion-related ones). No need to do them in a row.

i have a question if i do the time related emblems before the entrance to a new area then enter new area and save it does that save my progress and/or count as a checkpoint or do i have to wait for a checkpoint somewhere in the new area. also if this is the case can i keep entering and re-entering the same two areas to save my progress

It totally depends on how determined and patient you are. The most troublesome things will be getting all emblems and more specifically the Chicken (playtime of 35 hours in one playthrough) and the Big Boss one (difficult-related). I think it is a totally doable platinum trophy.

@Mastodon yes I read that. But the official MGS 4 guide is not a trophy guide. Some things may not be described there. I am start to think that because I didn't get a bunch of audio flashbacks in my first run, I didn't get the trophy.

But the official guide have all the weapons locations, iPods musics, emblems, what we have to do for the facecamos... So basically he have everything. Im on my 2nd playthrough, on my 3rd playthrough im gonna try see only the cutscenes flashbacks and see if i get the trophy.