Hardest 100%?

Dave4202

What games do you guys think are the hardest too 100% after Platinum?

I'm not talking about 100% PSN games but i'm talking about games that are easy to Platinum but hard too 100% thanks to DLC trophies.

So which games do you guys think fall into this category and why?

I'll start....

Dante's Inferno : The game was sooo easy too Platinum but then I came too that damned "It's in the Trial" trophy, those 2 player EA challenges are brutal especially when you can't find someone who's decent enough to actually do them with you.

Borderlands : Another game that was SUPER easy to Platinum but hard to 100% without cheating. Crawmerax and the Mad Moxxi's Large Challenges were crazy hard. Crawmerax was basically impossible without a full team that was organized and the Mad Moxxi arena's were hours upon hours of brutal combat.

So what other game do you guys think should be included in this list? Kind of interested to see what people come up with.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncharted 2 is a hard 100%.

Plat is easy (pretty much all single-player) but the DLC trophies... get 2500 kills took a while, but the hard one (to get legit) is the protectorate trophy. That trophy just ASKS to be boosted. Oh and crushing in co-op is hard, especially when attempting it with people who have no clue what they are doing.

As far as hardest 100% with trophies that aren't DLC, LittleBigPlanet. Damn "Play" trophy. (ace all story levels)

I'll say Red Dead Redemption, is like the Uncharted treatment, plat can be easy but the DLC ruins the 100%, one of the DLC trophies need that you know how to play poker, others is lucky based, others need kill "uniques" players (not the same player again), others need to be in a great Co-Op team, etc...etc...

Red Dead Redemption - Pa-pa-pa-poker Ace (win a match of online poker with a full table of 6) and Kingpin (kill 8 different players while defending turf without dying). There were many other trophies which were tough.

Dante's Infeno - It's in the trial. The 25 1p trials are tough enough, but there are 15 2P trials as well. You had to find a partner with some skill and you couldn't carry someone or be carried yourself. The ascension trial was the hardest. This was harder than DMC or DMD difficulty.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Impress Warren Vidic and Cross Stix without dying were painful.

I am not looking forward to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves AT ALL.

Be prepared for the sh*tstorm that is the upcoming list of Uncharted 3 DLC trophies. That game was probably the easiest of the Uncharted games to platinum, but the DLC looks even more grindy and aggravating than Uncharted 2. By orders of magnitude.

I've done many annoying dlc trophies, but I have a feeling that this one might take the cake. :o

I'll say Red Dead Redemption, is like the Uncharted treatment, plat can be easy but the DLC ruins the 100%, one of the DLC trophies need that you know how to play poker, others is lucky based, others need kill "uniques" players (not the same player again), others need to be in a great Co-Op team, etc...etc...

I actually got poker ace with a number of people who didn't know anything/much about poker. I guided them through what to do. They aren't hard trophies, they just require good partners.

Mirror's Edge - 90 star time trial rating. Not to mention the chapter speedrun trophies make just the platinum a challenge.

And for me Uncharted 2 and 3 will be next to impossible to 100% since I live in the middle of nowhere. So I have no high speed net... The online trophies I do get I have to drive 30 minutes to a friends place to play for.

I really don't understand what the fuss is all about with Dante's Inferno DLC... I mean compared to the main game it might be seen as a step up in difficulty but the DLC is still very easy IMO compared to other games' DLC.

Personally for me I think the 90 stars DLC on Mirror's Edge was the hardest DLC I've done. Required memorizing on a lot of levels and taking some risks to shave off a few seconds and get a perfect run. Lots of retries -_-

Also, oddly enough I think Castlevania DLC was kinda challenging. I platted the main game a long time ago and was expecting the DLC to be pretty easy but it put up a fight. Not all that bad but I think just because I was expecting it to be a breeze it turned out harder than it actually is suppose to be for me.

Edited by QuantumMercury

I'd say MAG. Only 440 gamers out of 69,545 have the 100% at psn profiles. Other notable mentions imo include GTA IV, RDR, and Uncharted 2.

The JP version has a much higher completion percentage. Also, if the medals were never patched it would've been a platinum below 1% most likely on the NA version.

The JP version has a much higher completion percentage. Also, if the medals were never patched it would've been a platinum below 1% most likely on the NA version.

That's because once a lot of trophy hunters get the platinum in MAG they buy the JP version then they get almost all of the trophies at once including the Eager Beaver trophy . All they have to do is grind the 3 pmc playthroughs for a 2nd platinum.

That's because once a lot of trophy hunters get the platinum in MAG they buy the JP version then they get almost all of the trophies at once including the Eager Beaver trophy . All they have to do is grind the 3 pmc playthroughs for a 2nd platinum.

I only know of 1 person who did that. And that wouldn't attribute to the 5x higher completion on plat. I am pretty sure it's just the Japanese players were more inclined to platinum the game. When you look at the plat lists and 100% list a lot of them from the top 50 are Japanese.

I only know of 1 person who did that. And that wouldn't attribute to the 5x higher completion on plat. I am pretty sure it's just the Japanese players were more inclined to platinum the game. When you look at the plat lists and 100% list a lot of them from the top 50 are Japanese.

Are we talking about the platinum difficulty or how difficult it is to get the 100% completion ? All I know is that those indiscriminate fire ribbons were a pain for me to get considering the amount of skill needed to obtain them, and how it can take a long time to actually get into an escalation dlc game in MAG. The Road Runner trophy was also another annoying one trying to capture 3 points in a single round of interdiction.

Are we talking about the platinum difficulty or how difficult it is to get the 100% completion ? All I know is that those indiscriminate fire ribbons were a pain for me to get considering the amount of skill needed to obtain them, and how it can take a long time to actually get into an escalation dlc game in MAG. The Road Runner trophy was also another annoying one trying to capture 3 points in a single round of interdiction.

Both, look at the rarity of the DLC trophies on the JP version. And I doubt many people who double platted it made a JP account and bought JP PSN cards to buy the JP DLC.

The JP version of MAG doesn't have 1 trophy under 7% or something. If you played enough rounds of Interdiction you got Road Runner, I think I got it the first day the DLC was released lol (one of the first achievers on NA version?).

The Indiscriminate Fire ribbons are not that hard. 20 kills, 10 of each faction in a round? Come on, you can go to the faction specific objective and just rack up 10 kills and move to the other one.

Edited by QuantumMercury

Both, look at the rarity of the DLC trophies on the JP version. And I doubt many people who double platted it made a JP account and bought JP PSN cards to buy the JP DLC.

The JP version of MAG doesn't have 1 trophy under 7% or something. If you played enough rounds of Interdiction you got Road Runner, I think I got it the first day the DLC was released lol (one of the first achievers on NA version?).

The Indiscriminate Fire ribbons are not that hard. 20 kills, 10 of each faction in a round? Come on, you can go to the faction specific objective and just rack up 10 kills and move to the other one.

All I said was MAG is the hardest 100% I have in my collection. I don't know about hard other games are to get 100% completion if I never played them.

You also can't go by percentages because of hacks. Look at EDF. That plat would easily be under a 1 or 2 percent but hackers skew the ratio. Not saying MAG is massively hacked but going by percentages is meaningless

Borderlands? Wait what? Is it Mad Moxxi? That is not tough. If one thinks that is, they need to get out more.

I actually got poker ace with a number of people who didn't know anything/much about poker. I guided them through what to do. They aren't hard trophies, they just require good partners.

Yes, the only skill tested there is the ability to gather six people to the table first. Surely you are going to have at-least one that understands poker, how to bet the blind and to beat the table.

Borderlands is definitely up there simply for the Crawmerax DLC. Moxxi's is actually really easy because the enemies are levelled up to match the host of the game. So all you need to do is play with a low level friend and have them be the host... then you can storm through them with your high level beast.

Red Dead Redemption can prove to be a bit challenging/time consuming on a small handful of the DLC trophies.

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.