NA Good Deals Thread (PS3)

Parkerktm

Is the marketplace when you click in to "used & new"?

Because I found a game I want, it's cheap, but instead of getting the used game I want new.

I just add it to my "Basket" and then when I'm done shopping I go to pay for it, set up my credit card etc and that's all, just wait for the game to arrive to my door? :D

oh and I checked to where Amazon ships:

http://www.ipix.lt/images/81010461.jpg

Edited by Justtinho

Yes, like Swat said that is the marketplace we're speaking of. They do sell new games there as well (at least in the USA version) if people want to see new games on it, so if you can find a good deal on a new version, go for it. But if it's not much cheaper than buying a new game directly from Amazon, I'd recommend just buying from Amazon if you can so you can get the free shipping and more immediate remedies if something goes wrong with the order.

Ok, so I think I found two decent deals.

I'm getting:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (New): £12.52/€13.4855/$17.8376 (From the Market Place)

Burnout Paradise (New): £17.99/€19.3740/$25.6269 (From "Amazon's Jersey Merchant, Indigostarfish.com"- so I guess this is what you call "from Amazon"? lol)

What do you think guys? Is this a good deal?

And do you have any idea how much it would cost for shipment? Because I'm willing to put on £46.4442/€50.00/$66.1458 on my Visa credit card for these two games.

So the total for the games would be:

Around €33.00

So €50.00 - €33.00 = €17.00 for shipment.

Do you think €17.00 would be enough? Because I must order these games tomorrow, so they come on time for the two weeks of NO school.

Thanks. :)

It'll show shipping costs directly under the price of the item.

Check shipping on Uncharted because Amazon's price is £14.54.

Also the Burnout one you mention is not the Ultimate Box...if that matters to you. If you're okay with it not being the ultimate box, the regular Amazon price is £17.99.

So if you bought them straight from Amazon - £14.54 + £17.99 = £32.53 + FREE SHIPPING.

Of course check all orders and such before actually charging your card.

Edited by SwatTJ

Burnout Paradise (New): £17.99/€19.3740/$25.6269 (From "Amazon's Jersey Merchant, Indigostarfish.com"- so I guess this is what you call "from Amazon"? lol)

Nope, buying from Amazon is the page where you find the "new and used" link. You also have the choice to add it to your cart right there.

It'll show shipping costs directly under the price of the item.

Check shipping on Uncharted because Amazon's price is £14.54.

No it doesn't say the shipping price on the UK version of amazon.

No it doesn't say the price, but when I check the price for Burnout Paradise in the shoping basket it says £17.99, when I go to check out and it asks you to select which kind of delivery you want it says the price for Burnout Paradise something like £19.00. So I guess the shipment is £2.00.

So I think €10 would be enough for the shipment of both games, don't you?

No it doesn't say the shipping price on the UK version of amazon.

No it doesn't say the price, but when I check the price for Burnout Paradise in the shoping basket it says £17.99, when I go to check out and it asks you to select which kind of delivery you want it says the price for Burnout Paradise something like £19.00. So I guess the shipment is £2.00.

So I think €10 would be enough for the shipment of both games, don't you?

Yeah it does, I was just on it. That's how I checked the prices for you.

As for the shipping, see if you can select the free shipping method from the list even though it may list it as 2.00. When I shop on the US one I always have to manually select the free shipping method, otherwise they want to charge you a few bucks to use another method.

Yeah it does, I was just on it. That's how I checked the prices for you.

As for the shipping, see if you can select the free shipping method from the list even though it may list it as 2.00. When I shop on the US one I always have to manually select the free shipping method, otherwise they want to charge you a few bucks to use another method.

nah I can't select free shipment, as far as i know the free shipment is to UK only, I'm in Ireland, but do you think €12 would be enough for the shipment of both games? I really need to grap them games quickly, because tomorrow at luch time I'm going to put my money on the card and need to know. lol

I'm confused now.

okay, so when i go to check out the items and when i come to this:

http://www.ipix.lt/images/47005312.jpg

Okay, so i don't know the start date, but i noticed that you don't have to enter it.

i know the card number (is that the long number?) and normally when i shop on different websites it asks for a three-number code. so i know that, but it doesn't ask for one here. so will i still be able to buy the games here? my card is visa.

Is there a type of card called a "Maestro?" If so, that's what the issue number is for. If it's a Visa, don't worry about that number.

Your credit card number should be a 16 digit number. It's on the front of the card.

Only way to know if it's enough for shipping is to go through the method until you get to that final screen that shows the amount to be charged and the last submit payment button. That is the amount that will be charged.

Is there a type of card called a "Maestro?" If so, that's what the issue number is for. If it's a Visa, don't worry about that number.

Your credit card number should be a 16 digit number. It's on the front of the card.

Only way to know if it's enough for shipping is to go through the method until you get to that final screen that shows the amount to be charged and the last submit payment button. That is the amount that will be charged.

Ok, thanks.

But my credit card can't be charged for a few weeks.

Really it's not a credit card.

More info @ http://www.3v.ie (if you live in Ireland)

or http://www.3vcash.com

You kind of top it up, and my local store's machine broke, so I think I'll buy Uncharted in a store. The Platinum Edition should be fairly cheap because it's an old game. But I'm going to get LBP and Burnout Paradise on Amazon.co.uk when the "credit card" machine is fixed. lol

But also my mam's old credit card isn't used, so I think I'm going to start using that. :D

• 2 weeks later...

GAME

£24.99 Street Fighter 4 Brand New

£29.99 Street Fighter 4 Brand New Limited Edition with 2 figurines

£14.99 Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Brand New

£24.99 Enchanted Arms Pre Owned

£27.99 Valkyria Chronicles Pre Owned

£17.99 Sonic Unleashed Brand New

£14.99 Folklore Brand New

Zavvi

£4.99 Dark Sector Brand New

GAME

£24.99 Street Fighter 4 Brand New

£29.99 Street Fighter 4 Brand New Limited Edition with 2 figurines

£14.99 Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Brand New

£24.99 Enchanted Arms Pre Owned

£27.99 Valkyria Chronicles Pre Owned

£17.99 Sonic Unleashed Brand New

£14.99 Folklore Brand New

Zavvi

£4.99 Dark Sector Brand New

May want to put where the games can be bought at for the prices listed ;).

May want to put where the games can be bought at for the prices listed ;).

The "GAME" shop in UK & Zavvi in the UK prices varies depending where you live and/or if you buy of there website.

GAME.co.uk - Buy video games, consoles and accessories with free UK delivery - GAME.co.uk <---- SF4 deals can be bought online at the same price as i listed.

Also if anyone lives near a store/shop called Zavvi make sure you pop in as most of there shops are closing due to credit crunch and games are going very cheap.

Canadian Deals:

Burnout Paradise - $20.00

Mercs 2 - $20.00

Unreal Tournament - $20.00

Elder Scrolls Oblivion - $10.00

Skate - $30.00

Dark Sector - $15.00

Army of Two - $20.00

Guitar Hero Aerosmith - $10.00

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $20.00

Devil May Cry 4 - $30.00

Alone in the Dark - $20.00

Haze - $20.00

Stanglehold - $20.00

Assassin's Creed - $30.00

*All these games I have played before, however some outshine others and I do not recommend adding every (or any) game mentioned above to your collection. And I'm too lazy to go in detail about each game so yeah :) Also, all numbers have been rounded (i.e. $9.99 -> $10.00) This is for over the counter purchase and not via the internet.

Edited by Ferny

• 2 weeks later...
Canadian Deals:

Mercs 2 - $20.00

Skate - $30.00

Dark Sector - $15.00

Army of Two - $20.00

Devil May Cry 4 - $30.00

Haze - $20.00

Stanglehold - $20.00

*All these games I have played before, however some outshine others and I do not recommend adding every (or any) game mentioned above to your collection. And I'm too lazy to go in detail about each game so yeah :) Also, all numbers have been rounded (i.e. $9.99 -> $10.00) This is for over the counter purchase and not via the internet.

Where? I take it you are in British Columbia, but what stores are you shopping at?

Everyone here probably already owns a PS3, but if any here are thinking of buying one or have a friend wanting one then Dell is selling the 80GB model for $299 + tax/shipping. I think I read it comes out to about $320.

It does not show up on their site anymore but word is you can call and talk to someone to place the order or you can do a live chat on the site and place the order that way.

Deal is probably over later today or if they run out of stock currently it will end.

Canadian Deals:

Mercs 2 - $20.00

Skate - $30.00

Dark Sector - $15.00

Army of Two - $20.00

Devil May Cry 4 - $30.00

Haze - $20.00

Stanglehold - $20.00

Except for the $10 games, these appear to be the regular everyday prices you can get at EB in Canada.