BAD NEWS - infinite bolt glitch

lewis1992

I started this at 1/2pm by 7:30 pm I had 610,000 bolts.This says to me I had around 400,000 in my first two playthroughs.So I think around 5 and a half hours gets you 600,000.Also I think some crates are well hidden so you may not get it in 4 plays if you are not thorough enough.Possibility of 5.So glad I resorted to the glitch.... the games alright but 4/5 plays...forget it. 1 million bolts....wtf!!!?????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got into the glitch tonight at 12:40am, and I started off with 25,000. So I hope that when I wake up i'll have a million, especially since this is new game + so I get 2x the bolts :).

Well woke up about 9 hours later, and I had 930,000 and I had the trophy! (due to it being cumulative) (So not quite as bad as the 16 hours some have predicted)

Edited by BinkUncia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I second that. I left a rubber band on the O button for 7 hours over night and collected roughly 500,000 bolts then I completed the game and figured that I needed about 90,000 more bolts to get the trophy. When I returned to the glitch to do it again the crate were no longer up there. Then I had to run around the maps collecting bolts until I got to 1,000,000

Words of Advice: Don't leave the glitch until you get the trophy! (even if it takes you 14 hours)

It just takes time. There are plenty of videos on Youtube that guide you on how to get into the glitch. It may take quite a lot of tries (it took me about 20 minutes) just keep trying and you'll get it.

I was interrupted while doing the glitch so now I have to play until I reached 1,000,000 now. So far, I have over 400,000, but still :/

• 2 weeks later...

Used the Blackwater City bolt glitch a few days ago for the Platinum. Not sure I understand the requirements so much though. I first attempted the glitch on my Challenge Mode playthrough, and I'd already completed the hoverboard race beforehand. Boxes were still there and the glitch worked great. Though, I noticed you really have to line yourself up right to get the most bolts.

Edited by Kezz182

• 3 months later...
Used the Blackwater City bolt glitch a few days ago for the Platinum. Not sure I understand the requirements so much though. I first attempted the glitch on my Challenge Mode playthrough, and I'd already completed the hoverboard race beforehand. Boxes were still there and the glitch worked great. Though, I noticed you really have to line yourself up right to get the most bolts.

Basically, just buy the Taunter and the decoys to merge into the walls. Once inside, just go to where you find a large sum of boxes at the end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ty83hEu_Nw]Ratchet and Clank (HD Collection) - How to get 1 Million Bolts - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I can confirm that the bolt glitch works in the corner close to captain quark's trailer. It would not work for me near the race start lady.

I am currently collecting my million bolts and even though it seems slow, it's a hell of a lot quicker than going through countless replays of the game.

I did 2.5 play throughs and couldn't do this anymore. I want the trophy, but a person shouldn't have to play through a game so many times.

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm talking to the robot lady and doing the glitch that way does work. It's tricky to get inside the hoverboard track but it is possible, as that's the way I did it. I did try going the hard way through the wall but it wouldn't work for me.

If you set up right, you should have over one million bolts in about 10 hours.

• 7 months later...

As I type this I'm doing the bolt glitch on the Vita. Go to the corner next to Captn. Quark's trailer - sooo much easier! Look up the following title and name on Youtube as a reference: "Ratchet & Clank GLITCH!! Endless Bolts (Bolt Collector Trophy Guide) by HEELSydneysnider".

Edited by TacoNinja