Two DLC Packs Arrive For PS Vita Today, WipEout HD Or Fury Owners Get Free Access

dividedbyn1ght

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/WipEout-2048-feature.jpg

Two new DLC packs are being released for PlayStation Vita title WipEout 2048 on PSN today. The packs also have a special promotion surrounding them for PS3 and Vita owners.

On the PS Blog, Studio Liverpool Community and Communications Representative Ami Nakajima announced that WipEout 2048 will see two DLC packs release on PSN, both of which contain tracks from PS3 WipEout game releases.

The first pack is the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Add-On Pack” and it will be priced at $7.99. The pack includes the full single-player campaign mode from WipEout HD and all of the online multiplayer tracks. The pack adds 12 new tracks (including eight reverse tracks), 12 additional ships, and a Zone Mode ship to the game. Players will also have access to 12 additional tracks for crossplay between PS3 and PS Vita.

The second pack is the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Fury Add-On Pack,” which will also be priced at $7.99. The pack includes the full single-player campaign WipEout HD Fury campaign mode with all 12 tracks (including four reverse tracks and four Zone Mode tracks), 24 ships to choose from, a Zone Mode ship, and 12 additional crossplay tracks.

For players who’d like to own both packs, the “WipEout 2048 WipEout HD Fury Bundle” will be priced at $12.99 and will contain: 24 tracks, 12 reverse tracks, four Zone Mode tracks, all 24 ships from both WipEout games, a Zone Mode ship, and full crossplay access.

Nakajima also announced that there’s a special promotion going on for PS3 and Vita owners: Gamers who already own WipEout HD or WipEout HD Fury on PS3 can pick up the Vita versions for free and Vita owners who purchase the packs from the PS Store on their Vitas can download them for free on PS3.

Source - Playstationlifestyle

Source - PS Blog

Heard about this the other day. I'm just waiting for the store to update so I can get it for free :D

Same here Harry! Weird thing is that people are already playing it!

Edited by skroq

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WipEout is on my other PS3 account, as I didn't get it on 'Harry94_' during the outage. Therefore, I had to pay £9.99. Aw well, it's worth that much anyway :D

LOL, it's free for meeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Very easy, I have both 100%

You just have to complete the campaigns with all gold on novice.

Already ?? You 100% HD and Fury? Nice dude, i am almost done with HD.

I persume you are also going for "ECL"here and doing all events on Elite like me ? hehe ;)

This is a great deal. I already had PS3 WipEout HD for my day one PS+ subscription. I also had the free version with HD and Fury as part of the Welcome Back package.

I have such a huge backlog of titles that I haven't really had time to play and get my hands around WipEout HD + Fury. I downloaded the Vita DLC for free, which made me decide to pick up WipEout 2048 - what a fantastic Vita game. Wish I had picked it up sooner, but I originally decided to pass on it because I already had WipEout Pure for the PSP.

At any rate, this is PS3 + Vita Cross Play done right.