1080p computer monitor

vladsknight

i recently bought a new computer monitor on the box it said it supported full hd 1080p(1920x1080) also had hdcp with an hdmi port screen size was 21.5" and i was like "oh hell yes!!" primarily because it was $190 got took it home hooked it up and set it up to display 1080p. I then went to play a game the screen went completely black i then went in to change some settings after the game menu loaded up and then i saw the resolution it was displaying was 1280x720 which was the last time i checked 720p it so i quit the game and went back to change the display settings but they hadnt changed so i tried a different game and got the same out come tried this with all my games that supported 1080p and the same things happend except for super stardust super stardust was displayed in 1920x1080 but my other games can't be displayed in that resolution? why is this does any one know?

(i apologize if this has been posted before i searched and nothing came out even remotely close to this)

tldr; 1080p monitor dosn't display 1080p

first of all that is a great deal for a full hd computer monitor.

it is not the monitor that is causing the problem.Very few PS3 games run at 1080p resolution.most only run at 720 resolution.that is why super stardust hd works as it runs at 1080p.it is the developers that decide wether or not to let the game run at 1080p, so there is nothing you can realy do about it.all blue ray movies at 1080p games sould run at max resoultion for you fine but everything else will probley run at 720.

also do you know what a full stop is? you don't use it very often in your text

well i figured out a way to do get them to display in 1080p, which required me to un check the 720 and 1080i boxes in the display mode now its pretty :D but if i try to run a 720p game without the box being checked it will downscale to 720 :o and crazy frog sorry but apprently i don't :o what is it? (honest question no sarcasm intended)