Platinum no longer available for newcomers!

okami0426

• 4 weeks later...
Gotta love EA. Why not make the trophy auto pop up if you're going to make it impossible to get?

Because it's not fair to those who legitimately got it when the servers were up?

For any online game these days you have to assume the online trophies are only going to be available for a few years, particularly the annual sports games.

EA did something similar with Need For Speed Undercover. The community day trophy unlocks automatically once you start up the online

Guys i have contact Customer Service EA on website and ask for the creation of a patch to unlock the trophy simply starting the game.

Customer Service EA have sent my request to Programmers EA to create a patch for unlock trophy "making a friend"....

You should also write... If we a lot could satisfy our request :dance:

They will NEVER release a patch to give you a trophy you haven't earned, it just won't happen. Also, don't forget this is EA we are talking about, they don't care about their customers and won't devote time, money and resources on a game they've abandoned.

As I posted on the previous page they pretty much did this for NFS:Undercover :)

But the chances of them doing this for such an old game with such a relatively little fan base is as Terminator says very slim. Hell they haven't even patched a trophy patch for an impossible trophy in the Vita Fifa game yet...

• 2 weeks later...

It really is a shame that they shut the server down for this game. I know it downright sucks for trophy hunters, but there were also a lot of people who were legitimately using the workout groups to motivate themselves to work out. With all the emphasis these days on getting fit, it seems like they'd be performing a public service in keeping the server up. Too bad they don't really care about the people. Maybe if they got a tax write-off...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
As I posted on the previous page they pretty much did this for NFS:Undercover :)

But the chances of them doing this for such an old game with such a relatively little fan base is as Terminator says very slim. Hell they haven't even patched a trophy patch for an impossible trophy in the Vita Fifa game yet...

Even though the chances are small, I'll write to them as well to do something more than whine on a forum thread.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 7/10/2012 at 5:32 PM, Vyrastas said:

Because it's not fair to those who legitimately got it when the servers were up?

For any online game these days you have to assume the online trophies are only going to be available for a few years, particularly the annual sports games.

I know this is a very old post, but that's is no excuse. Cheating a trophy would be unfair, not being able to get a trophy because the devs switched their servers off is just wrong. You've got a list of tedious tasks to go through to unlock the other trophies but a simple one like this has been locked out through EA's incompetence. I've just been playing Saints Row 3 again, already had the plat, but the devs were intelligent enough to let their online trophy pop as soon as you click the upload button on your character. Their servers are shut, but it doesn't need to register to allow newcomers to obtain it.

This one is still my biggest regret starting, first trophy popped for creating a profile, didn't bother with it afterwards. 1 out of 45 trophies, sadly not worth my time to do the rest of them anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BluesFanUK said:

I know this is a very old post, but that's is no excuse. Cheating a trophy would be unfair, not being able to get a trophy because the devs switched their servers off is just wrong. You've got a list of tedious tasks to go through to unlock the other trophies but a simple one like this has been locked out through EA's incompetence. I've just been playing Saints Row 3 again, already had the plat, but the devs were intelligent enough to let their online trophy pop as soon as you click the upload button on your character. Their servers are shut, but it doesn't need to register to allow newcomers to obtain it.

This one is still my biggest regret starting, first trophy popped for creating a profile, didn't bother with it afterwards. 1 out of 45 trophies, sadly not worth my time to do the rest of them anymore.

I have to give the Saints Row 3 developers a lot of credit for having the foresight to do something like that. You're still doing what they asked, and it's not really the player's fault that the servers are down, so why punish them?