Should I start the game on Hard from the start?

Goldjit

Honestly, I completed the game on easy on Sunday morning with every trophy except All Growed Up and the Hard Trophy. I immediatley started a New Game + on Hard. I finished the game that same day and got the Platinum. Just do it on NG+ because u will have to do the equivalent of two playthrus anyway for All Growed up and that is a sh*tload of XP. Also by doing it on easy the first time you will have a simpler time getting all the misc trophies.

I second that. (Though I played on Normal the first time.) Just for the difficulty, I'd say you could start on Hard right away, but since you will have to play it twice anyways to level up completely (unless you want to grind a loooot), keep Hard for NG+ unless you want to play on Hard on the first run.

• 1 year later...

I started and have been playing on hard. For one simple reason, I'm not playing this game to go after trophies solely at this moment. Yes, I've gone out of my way and attacked some trophies for the fun of seeing if I could do them, but I simply wanted to do my first play/experience of the story for the first time on the most competitive level. Not the level where it's easiest to get trophies/run to the plat. I assume if I want to plat I'll do it at a later time because it requires replaying it through again so my ideology is quite different than others who entered this game with trophies on their mind. I'm here to rip shit up.

Getting some of these trophies on hard/playing this on hard really isn't that difficult if you ask me, so if I could recommend to anyone what to do it would be to do it on normal or if you want a little more intense/crazy play through do it on hard your first time...you won't regret it. :p

• 4 weeks later...
Honestly, I completed the game on easy on Sunday morning with every trophy except All Growed Up and the Hard Trophy. I immediatley started a New Game + on Hard. I finished the game that same day and got the Platinum. Just do it on NG+ because u will have to do the equivalent of two playthrus anyway for All Growed up and that is a sh*tload of XP. Also by doing it on easy the first time you will have a simpler time getting all the misc trophies.

I think this sums it up perfectly. All Growed up forces you to play the story twice so i would definitely keep hard for ng+.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

playing on hard currently and just finished the mission where you get the tenticle things after killing that creepy looking tentile thing, took a few tries cause i kept dying, not really wanting to begin again so i will keep going thru on hard and hopefully it will not be a long long trek

so far i am enjoying the game though

• 1 year later...

I have by now become 100% on this game. Mind you, that is 100% annoyed.

Difficulty is completely off course on this game. I failed so much on my "easy" playthrough, just because Heller was too slow and too vulnerable.

After that pretty hard easy playthrough I started New Game+ on Hard and I don't think I died even once. The only times I failed were when I had already killed off a character before I could consume them, because they are so easy to kill now :) Fights are measured in seconds instead of minutes. Don't bother with blocking, that only costs time. Even the Goliath is a piece of cake.

I don't mind it, as I am pretty much done with this game by now.

Edited by PinkRobotPB

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...