Survivor playthrough guide

dargondarkfire

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to tackle Survivor mode.

It's not that hard, really.

Telekinesis is my biggest friend. Explosive barrels are a life saver. Place 4 of them near the path of a Daddy and throw a 5th one at him and he will most likely die or be close to death.

Also with this plasmid I killed a Rosie by throwing him back his own granades... LOL

And after you get the plasmid to mind control them you just need to stand watch while they fight eachothers.

For normal enemies I'm just using the camouflage tonic with a combo of research damage bonus and tonics that power up the wrench.

My wrench is so powerfull now that when I start a Bouncher vs Bouncher fight I'm dealing more damage than my Bouncher with the wrench.

Edited by DocDoomII

• 1 month later...

That Plasmid is a mission reward for saving 3 Little Sisters: Hypnotize Big Daddy - The BioShock Wiki - BioShock, BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite, news, guides, and more All plasmids are obtained either via buying them from the Gardens of Eden or as a reward for rescuing the Little Sisters, there is no reason to Harvest the Little Sisters in the PS3 version of Bioshock 1.

Cool, & as for the Vita chambers do they have to be off or on? I've had 'ON' because it says 'Disable Vita chambers' but others are saying 'OFF'. I've not spawned in a chamber 'ON' so far (up to Medical Pavillon).

Turning 'OFF' gives u an option to deactivate it so I assumed its 'ON'. Very confusing, what gives!? :o

Edited by SubZero89

• 2 weeks later...

I have been slowly working on this trophy for a few hours now, and to be honest, when I say slowly - I mean slowly. I am barely past the Medical Pavilion, and it feels as though I spend more time loading my game, than playing it.I'll coast along fairly well for awhile, saving every minute or two, then *BAM* I hit a brick wall for a few reloads.

All in all it is a satisfying challenge. Can't wait to check this one off of my list.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey fella's, I just wanted to offer some of my thoughts on this topic after having conquered Survivor difficulty.

• Adam & Eve - I chose to harvest every little sister mostly because this was my second play through (first was on Hard) and I'd done the Little Sister Saviour trophy already so I wanted to see the alternate ending. I had plenty of Adam to buy every Health and Eve upgrade and worthwhile Plasmids as I went and didn't miss Tenenbaum's gifts in the slightest. Not having the Hypnotise Big Daddy plasmid wasn't a handicap at all and didn't make dealing with Big Daddies any harder (see below). After the first couple of levels I had close to, if not maximum Eve Hypo's upon completing each level and didn't have to resort to buying many, if any. There are plenty freely available just lying around to keep your stocks up. Tactics like switching to a weapon when your Eve bar empties, before you can jab a Hypo, then finding a pep bar to munch, going a smoke or hacking anything once you've got the Hacker's Delight tonic helps greatly here.
  • Big Daddies - I promised myself at the start that I would battle every Big Daddy as I went through the game or at least before I left each level. I was expecting this to be quite challenging but in the end I would rate it as easy (unfortunately, if you want a challenge here you will need to have self imposed handicaps). The key here is to use the environment to full advantage which means gas cylinders, oil drums and turrets. For example, the first BD you actually fight (second one encountered in the Medical Pavilion) can be killed using only the gas cylinders found around the level. I laid a trap of 6 right under a LS hole and then hurled a 7th into the mix with Telekinesis. This was a one hit kill. On levels where those items are scarce I turned to Electro-gel, just empty a full clip into BD then finish off with Electric Buck and/or Frags. Be sure to lure him to an area with hacked turrets when possible, this helps save ammo. Prime example is luring the Rosie's up to the Wharfmaster's Office area where there are several turrets to knock him off.
  • Splicers - Again, using the environment to your advantage helps greatly especially when using turrets and security camera's. Try to hack rather than destroy every single turret, security camera and health station. Another very effective tactic is to use Telekinesis to hurl corpses. Many times it will be a one hit kill or reduce tougher enemies to about 20% health. Another great thing about this is when your facing Leadheads, the corpse will serve as a shield and stop many of their bullets. After you get the crossbow, well the difficulty drops through the floor, as far as I know one headshot will drop any unaware, and most aware, Splicers right through to the end of the game. Bolts are also cheap but best of all recoverable.
  • Supplies - I had a full wallet almost the entire game after the Medical Pavilion and would often buy things purely to use up some money but my wallet would always be full, or close to, again before leaving a level. The crossbow made things so easy that I maxed out almost all other ammo types by mid-way through the game. For example, I was walking around with 180 rounds of Anti-personnel and Armour Piercing ammo and 360 rounds of regular ammo for the machinegun pretty much from Arcadia right through to the end. I always had 9 first aid kits on board upon completing any level. If you scour the entire game, you won't have any problems with supplies of pretty much anything.

So, based on all this I would say that Survivor isn't really Survivor at all and is actually fairly easy. I hope that the above will help someone. Cheers!

Edited by Zealot

I am finally going for this. But after being away from the game for quite some timei had forgotten about most the game. I know the story but I forgot enemy locations and whatnot. So searching for guides I stumbled upon the BioShock wiki a. From there I went to BioShock levels and after scrolling down I found a walkthrough. It is a step by step one and it is awesome. It provides some strategies (like an easy way to survive the shotgun trap or killing Steinmen, it even tells the tank trick for the BD) and a general number of enemies. I think it is for an easy or normal play through so I always expect something a little different enemy wise. Using it, it took me 2-3 hours to get to the fishery. It is slow going but effective and highly useful so far. This will get me to where this guide starts easily.

Here is a link to the very first level, there should be an option to continue the next near the bottom. Hope this helps.

http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Welcome_to_Rapture

Edited by psfanboy123

• 2 weeks later...

note there are 3 endings in the game, 2 of them are the exact same however. just one if slightly darker toned these are harvest all and save/harvest mix.

i thought my guide might get a bit more attention with infinite having a free copy of the first game.

So what's the general strategy for bosses?

there really only 1 boss in the game (final boss), but there are difficult splicers. like the spider splicer in the fishery. i found she hates the shotgun to the head. if your lucky/tricky, and have hypnotize big daddy, drag him in there.

then the explosive splicer after that is tough, but you have multiple splicer enemies with him, if you do my hiding trick and he doesn't throw tnt near the camera while fighting the drones, you should be fine. I don't really remember there being any other difficult splicers except for the guy from fort frolic, but fighting him is optional.

I am finally going for this. But after being away from the game for quite some timei had forgotten about most the game. I know the story but I forgot enemy locations and whatnot. So searching for guides I stumbled upon the BioShock wiki a. From there I went to BioShock levels and after scrolling down I found a walkthrough. It is a step by step one and it is awesome. It provides some strategies (like an easy way to survive the shotgun trap or killing Steinmen, it even tells the tank trick for the BD) and a general number of enemies. I think it is for an easy or normal play through so I always expect something a little different enemy wise. Using it, it took me 2-3 hours to get to the fishery. It is slow going but effective and highly useful so far. This will get me to where this guide starts easily.

Here is a link to the very first level, there should be an option to continue the next near the bottom. Hope this helps.

Welcome to Rapture - The BioShock Wiki - BioShock, BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite, news, guides, and more

once you get the stealth tonic things become easier, even more so with the cross bow once you get the bolts upgraded so they don't break very often.

(remember to reclaim them individually because looting them from the body doesn't give you them all back if you used multiples.)

They work pretty well, but the enemies aren't always in the exact same spot when you're watching the videos, so you have to change things up a bit, but over all they're good.

the enemies wont always act the same as well. the game can make a splicer attack like crazy or stay back all the time. (aka a machine gun splicer running into close range or a wrench splicer standing far away and keeping its distance.)

I have been slowly working on this trophy for a few hours now, and to be honest, when I say slowly - I mean slowly. I am barely past the Medical Pavilion, and it feels as though I spend more time loading my game, than playing it.I'll coast along fairly well for awhile, saving every minute or two, then *BAM* I hit a brick wall for a few reloads.

All in all it is a satisfying challenge. Can't wait to check this one off of my list.

it is slow until you get the items. i'm unsure how some of these people claim they nearly always have max cash on them and kill big daddies solo with ease. since a big daddy can kill you in like 2-3 hits at the start of the game.

Im confused, if Im required to rescue all sisters how am I supposed to get the hypnotise plasmid? :confused:

its not required but its makes things easier to kill them by dragging one daddy to another, having them duke it out and then finishing off the victor.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost always had a full wallet and I bought what I wanted when I needed to get things, but I was smart about it. For big daddies I used gas/ oil tanks, security bullseye, or hypnotise. For me the game was the most difficult during Ft Frolic, after that it was all downhill.

Oh and as for protecting the little sister before facing Fontaine, she had 20-25% health left. :p :cool:

• 1 month later...

It's really your personal choice and it depends on a particular situation. Personally I wasn't using to much plasmids throughout the game and restrained myself to Electro Bolt for machines, Enrage for a groups of splicers and Security Bullseye for Big Daddies. Tonics that helped me the most were Natural Camouflage, Scrounger. Apart from that I was changing combat tonics to those, which increased wrench damage, when I was low on ammo.