Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

not voted yet! but its goin to be both time consuming and difficult, will require a lot of skill in my opinion. online trophies a breeze just going to take some time levelling up to max rank, i think that the NYM MODES will be almost impossible for some....

including me, but will give it a go.:think:

Ahh, I laugh at meepy or weepy, watever ur I.d is, u say 3 out of 10? Pfff, ur a complete liar, let along idiot. Get your scammy breath and teenage spots out of this discussion!

P.s. SORT YOUR BREATH OUT

My question then: How would you rate games like Up, How To Train your Dragon, Lego Whatever Games, Sly Trilogy, Shadows of the Damned, Terminator Salvation,..... Take a look HERE for more.

Are those examples only two points away from MP3 in terms of difficulty?

Or have I just missed the buttons for rating a game -1 to -10? ;)

And which games would you rate an 8, 9 or 10?

Maybe you just haven't given this rating system enough thought.

But the scale from 1 to 10 is there for a reason.

And personally I think it's important to give gamers a realistic evaluation on what to expect from a game in this thread.

Games like Up, Terminator Salvation and games that take 3 hours or so to plat, do not deserve more then 1. I honestly think the rating system is wrong on whats hard and what isn't. For example, They say that Max Payne 3 is a harder platinum then GTA IV because of NYM HC. GTA IV had a trophy for beating the levels on co-op in a certain amount of time which took skill and smart players. It also had a glitched trophy that wouldn't even pop sometimes or it just would at random when you complete all races. Games with glitched trophies like GTA deserve to be a 10.

For Max Payne 3, I only failed NYM HC 3 times and It didn't mean it was a hard thing to beat. You just need to know where enemies are and stack your time up. I failed once because of a glitch of an enemy shooting me through a wall. I found the single player very easy TBH and didn't find it hard. I had around 18 - 20 minutes at the end of NYM HC. The multiplayer trophies like reaching level 50 is not hard at all. I levels really fast because I was good at the game and it didn't take me more then 4-6 days. This game though wasn't as boring as doing GTA's Hangman's NOOSE 1300 times just for level 10.

Max Payne 3 is just a time consuming game which should not mean a hard plat but just means you need time to complete it and not 1 day like some other games.

Games like Up, Terminator Salvation and games that take 3 hours or so to plat, do not deserve more then 1. I honestly think the rating system is wrong on whats hard and what isn't. For example, They say that Max Payne 3 is a harder platinum then GTA IV because of NYM HC. GTA IV had a trophy for beating the levels on co-op in a certain amount of time which took skill and smart players. It also had a glitched trophy that wouldn't even pop sometimes or it just would at random when you complete all races. Games with glitched trophies like GTA deserve to be a 10.

For Max Payne 3, I only failed NYM HC 3 times and It didn't mean it was a hard thing to beat. You just need to know where enemies are and stack your time up. I failed once because of a glitch of an enemy shooting me through a wall. I found the single player very easy TBH and didn't find it hard. I had around 18 - 20 minutes at the end of NYM HC. The multiplayer trophies like reaching level 50 is not hard at all. I levels really fast because I was good at the game and it didn't take me more then 4-6 days. This game though wasn't as boring as doing GTA's Hangman's NOOSE 1300 times just for level 10.

Max Payne 3 is just a time consuming game which should not mean a hard plat but just means you need time to complete it and not 1 day like some other games.

Lol at GTA IV being harder than Max Payne 3.

I'd rather get 5 more GTA IV platinum than trying NYMHC.

Seriously. I'll get the Wanted trophy for anyone who can play through NYMHC for me.

I'll get you your 5 million exp. PM ME. :p

Edited by YenRou

Lol at GTA IV being harder than Max Payne 3.

I'd rather get 5 more GTA IV platinum than trying NYMHC.

Seriously. I'll get the Wanted trophy for anyone who can play through NYMHC for me.

I'll get you your 5 million exp. PM ME. :p

Well, hey, everyone gamer has a different opinion and a different skill level at other games or certain types of games. Some games might be easy for some, others it could be hard, everyone is different. I already have my GTA 4 plat I was just using as an example. As for NYM HC, there isn't really much tips that can be given to complete it or make it easier.

I give it a 7/10. I have completed all of the single player achievements including nym and nymh and I just need the multiplayer ones which take some time.

When I read the forums and saw all the people crying about how hard and impossible nymh is, I panicked. However, It turned out to be pretty simple.

My first playthrough was on Hard and I died... a lot.. then came old school and again I died a lot (not so much as hard). Then I went on to NYM. Swept through the first 12 chapters in nym like it was nothing. I failed like 5-7 times in chapter 13 and failed twice on chapter 14. Then I went and tried NYMH and I noticed that the AI difficulty is so much easier than what I have been dealing with in my previous playthroughs. I felt like a god since everything seemed so much easier and I was just destroying everything and guess what? I beat NYMH on the second try. (First try I got owned by the railing in the last stand in chapter 3 :()

I really enjoyed the game though, and now I look forward to completing the MP trophies.

My question then: How would you rate games like Up, How To Train your Dragon, Lego Whatever Games, Sly Trilogy, Shadows of the Damned, Terminator Salvation,..... Take a look HERE for more.

Are those examples only two points away from MP3 in terms of difficulty?

Or have I just missed the buttons for rating a game -1 to -10? ;)

And which games would you rate an 8, 9 or 10?

Maybe you just haven't given this rating system enough thought.

But the scale from 1 to 10 is there for a reason.

And personally I think it's important to give gamers a realistic evaluation on what to expect from a game in this thread.

Some good points.

I don't understand why people voting this a 10 plus, I gave it a 8, for me the hardest part was a couple of chapters in NYM, I actually enjoyed NYM HC, and the mp is a grind only.

FOr me to rate a game 10, to me that means impossible, as 10 is highest rank.

This is far from impossible, just requires dedication and time.

Also as far as meepy gave it a 3, thats just silly, but I have noticed his name is top of Leaderboards on NYM, well there's a meepy anyways.

But Still.....3, Come on be serious.

A realistic score for this is between a 7-8, and I'd given it 8.

Edited by BaSHee26

With 3 or 4 trophys left I voted a 7, I found NYM more difficult than hardcore, in the section where you got to kill the other guys in the train at the airport, I had 35 second left and the fuckers where on cover almost all the time and my time running out lol, Hardcore mode it´s only difficult is playing without dying.

A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

5/10.The game is not hard at all, its just time consuming because of the 5+ playthroughs. It does take some skill but Honestly i thought NYM regular was 3 times harder than NYM hardcore.. You Had to always be rushing to get to the end, in Nym hardcore the only hard thing is not to die but is easy once you get to know every single thing about all 14 chapters.

Got the platinum a few hours ago. I'll give it a 7. Time consuming and the only trophies that would give you trouble is NYM and NYMH. By the time you play NYMH, you'll know the game in and out. The only problem with that mode is if they game glitches on you.

Edited by GHO5T

Haven't voted yet, i am only on my 2nd play through on regular hardcore. Still have Old School, NYM, and NYMHC. Just getting annoyed that you can't skip the cut scenes as that adds so much time to each playthrough..very time consuming. Has anyone actually acheived the platinum yet?? Right now i have 33% of the trophies. Missing 2 of the individual chapters ones, clues, guns and so forth. Its not that bad yet. I just don't want to grind on multiplayer to level 50. meh. right now i am about at a 3-4 in difficulty. but yeah. fun fun. gonna take forever to do this one, but itll be a nice one to hang on the shelf.

:rofl: at people thinking NYM hardcore is one life through the whole 14 chapters, serious :facepalm: for every one of you, and reading the threads, people have been getting their panties in a bunch for days:o

NYM is each chapter from beginning to end on any difficulty level, NYM HC is each chapter from beginning to end on hardcore difficulty, still very tough though, it will probably average out to an 8.5

lol @ this comment...:applause:

Voted 5 only because hard mode. NYM HC and NYM are fucking bullshit, ugly, frustrating etc. but not difficult in any way. Its about 2/10 difficulty. Really enjoyed the game, SP 9/10, MP 9.5/10, for level 50 you have to grind (45 + hours) . So around 70 hours for platinum. I recommend the game so much, love R* ;)

Edited by klujma

@ Klujma

I´m officially confused. You vote the difficulty with 5 out of 10 (what means mediocre at the most, if I understand it correctly) but in your ranking of most difficult platinums it´s within the top 5 (out of 89)?!

btw: for me it is a 9 ... and I LOVE New York Minute, can be insanely frustrating, but it´s also a great challenge/trophy.

Hardest Platinum so far besides Wipeout HD, MGS2 - SoL and Goldeneye Reloaded.

Edited by Flux Kompensator

@ Klujma

I´m officially confused. You vote the difficulty with 5 out of 10 (what means mediocre at the most, if I understand it correctly) but in your ranking of most difficult platinums it´s within the top 5 (out of 89)?!

Easy answer, for me it was 5/10 but for others its 7-10 so its my 4th hardest platinum by community vote.. Btw at the end i voted 6..

I always find platinums much easier and shorter then what guide says... Except fighting games :)

Edited by klujma

lol that guy doens´t know a thing about that trophy. He´s screw... big time lol

I got the trophy, along with all the others, so i know something:whistle:

At that time people were saying the trophy was all 14 chapters in one life on HARDCORE, so people were, as i said, getting their panties all in a bunch over nothing:cool: