Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

I havent voted yet but my guess is that when I finally do I will give it a 9. I just finished the campaign on hard and that itself was no joke. I can't imagine what the rest of the campaign runs are gonna be like. At least videos and strategies are already popping up.

it is indeed damn hard

even a normal mode for my first playthrough required some attempts

doing hard mode is a bit better since you know where are the enemies coming from, but still challenging

didn't expect this difficulty from RockStar

what do you mean?? rockstar is known for having hard and time consuming platinums ex. RDR or GTA4. BUT this will end up being the toughest rockstar plat

This game seems almost not worth going for platinum...seems way too hard. R* games r always a bitch to get a plat.

this game is worth playing even if you dont get the platinum, I think that max payne has a better campaign than any of the uncharted games.....and trust me i have a really high opinion of uncharted.

this game is worth playing even if you dont get the platinum, I think that max payne has a better campaign than any of the uncharted games.....and trust me i have a really high opinion of uncharted.

I may never plat this game but the campaign is outstanding. Sure it's hard to plat but so are many games. On chapter 8 campaign and lvl 17 online. Still will not vote til I have more time in.

I have every trophy except Man Of Many Weapons and Training Complete. I went ahead and voted because neither of those are difficult in any way, they only require grinding Exp online.

I voted an 8. I would vote an 8.5 but that's not possible. 8 was the difficulty for me and the .5 is because I just don't think it's going to be a very common plat. The first run through the game is usually the most difficult (especially if you do it on hard) but this is one of those games where once you get to know it, it becomes much easier. Old School was a walk in the park and Hardcore did have a few tough spots but I was honestly expecting it to be a lot more difficult than it was. Yes you die about twice as fast but so do the enemies which balances it out a lot.

And as for NYM Hardcore, it's really not as hard as it seems. Don't pay attention to some of the idiotic posts in this thread. It is on MEDIUM difficulty and you must run through the whole game in one go without dying, failing, or quitting in any way. From the few people who have beaten it so far, it seems that 4 practice runs with a 5th final and successful run seems to be the average. Which really isn't that bad for a trophy like this. There's only a few difficult chapters, the rest is quite easy once you know what you're doing. But it will test your skills and determination.

All in all, an awesome game with an awesome trophy set. Will be one of my favorite plats once I finish up the Multiplayer grind.

I haven't platinum'd the game yet, but I have obtained The Shadows That Rushed Me - widely acknowledged as the hardest trophy for the game - so I feel like I'm in a position to rate it difficulty wise. Gave it a 9. Multiplayer is bad enough, seeing as how it's a total grind-fest, but completing NYM Hardcore mode is no laughing matter.

I vote this 8 out of 10 not as hard as every 1 is makeing it (OVERRATED). Just needs alot of practice

Hey m8 you didnt even start singleplayer and already voted? Multiplayer is 2/10 only time consuming, hard part is singleplayer..

klujma i played single player with a friend on his ps3 so STFU . & your the guy who was crying about Ninja gaiden 3 on the forums all the time & wouldn't stop up & you made that game overrated aswell when it was easy. so plzz dont start getting vexed bro i can vote if i want

I give it a 10...story mode on normal is kinda hard so i cant even imagine playing NYM HC. The grinds r a pain too. Level 50 on multiplayer is anothr tough one.

time spent should not factor into your vote so the grinds and level 50 aren't considered "hard" NYM hardcore is pretty much the only reason why this game is a 9 or 10 the campaign isn't bad once you figure the game out because you can take your time and go checkpoint to checkpoint. Anyways you are supposed to wait until you played the game a significant amount of time before you vote......I just now voted and ive spent close to 40-50 hours and have all single player trophies cept NYM hardcore. Anyways first time I have ever voted a 10.

Edited by LMessi10

time spent should not factor into your vote so the grinds and level 50 aren't considered "hard" NYM hardcore is pretty much the only reason why this game is a 9 or 10 the campaign isn't bad once you figure the game out because you can take your time and go checkpoint to checkpoint. Anyways you are supposed to wait until you played the game a significant amount of time before you vote......I just now voted and ive spent close to 40-50 hours and have all single player trophies cept NYM hardcore. Anyways first time I have ever voted a 10.

I did wait a long time b4 voting...im on last chapter of storymode & i already played the multiplayer today.

If NYMHC really needs to be done without dying, it would spell the end of my trophy hunting career.

So unreasonable of R*

Keep telling myself to check out the trophy list before purchasing a game but it's MAX PAYNE so I didn't do it. D:

Yeah but it's R*, they haven't got an easy trophy list for any of their games, so you should of checked :-)

I missed the Super Sport in ch 12 between ledges as my last weapon. so hope that helps some people.

also hardest part for me was ch 11 when you are about to get off the boat and they are shooting you from the docks and you run to the piano bar room n get 2 painkillers n then gotta make way up boat still. i died 20x there. all else is easy but nym hardcore. level 50 just takes alot of time.

I'm giving this game a solid 9 on the difficulty level. It isn't the toughest game out there, and it isn't the longest to plat game out there, but it is a combination of difficulty and grinding. NYM was harder then NYM hardcore, the multiplayer is enjoyable until it starts freezing or kicking crew members on you, and the actual in-game grinds are ridiculous; but goddamn I do love this game.