Pro Nitro- collector - Hong kong, help!

Molasar

Last one needed for plat here and its just impossible. At best i get 4/6 purple things collected and never make it back around track again for respawn. Tried different cars, routes, nothing works. Unless im doing something wrong this is vastly harder than any other track.

Anyone who has beaten this one, how did you do it? What car you use, strategy? Thanks!

Not unlocked yet, i need 17 more stars. I just tried agian, this time going for speed and ignoring whatever happens. I actually made it back around start of race again with over 30 secs left but still coudlnt get another orb. Im guess you got a few on first lap, came back around and got more just as timer was ending?

See the problem i have, even if i get in first, there are NO ORBS! Litteraly drive for 2 mins in lead with no orbs in site. Ive taken both short cuts to make sure none were there. It seems there are only like 4 at very start of race and then you dont get another chance till you come around to 2nd lap, which you can miss or they can pick up. I guess ill go get some more stars but it just seems that the faster cars i unlock, the more i wreck and not cause i suck, just your going SO fast you cant do nothing BUT wreck.. its almost stupid. Especially if you eliminate someone and get control back just in time to wreck.

Going to grind more stars.. sigh... thanks for info.. really hopping next car is a miracle...

Still working on stars, had to take break. The only orbs i ever see is the first one which im currently getting beaten to. Then 2nd one is around corner, then third right hand side before you get to bridge going up, fourth is bottom of that circular bridge, then last i ever see is one in start of tunnel past bridge jump. Then its a SOLID 2 mins without orb in sight, do not see another till i lap back around with only few secs left. Problem is all those i mentioned are taken by other cars due to them BLOWING past me and they take curves like nothing, where i wreck.

Btw, was there a course that was where you had to hit time gates and the last gate would NEVER give you time. Like it was there, but just simply did NOT add time. Think it was Shanghi map. I had to finnaly just go so fast around course that i didnt need the time from last one. I found it wierd it did not add time. I tried it MANY times before just going for it.

Got it finnally!! Used your tip and got car and still it took me MANY tries. As in, perfect RUN. I had to be lucky and they didnt pick up first 5, then i came back around with few secs to spare to pick up first one again for my 6th.

Although i used that car, i did get lucky couple other times with another car and get all 5 at start and just would get beat to the respawn of first one due to to many wrecks. Id guess 1 out of 100 tries id get first 5.... pure luck and im so glad its over!

• 1 month later...

Try using the Tesla Roadster (the second car or something). I tried the ferrari a couple times but the problems with having a car that fast is it's really tough to take the turns properly. I got 7 icons or whatever on my first try using the tesla (buy all the upgrades). I got out in front and got the first icon, missed the second, got the third, missed the fourth, then got basically all of em in the first lap after that and finished with the first one on the second lap. I figured this would be a huge pain in the ass but you just gotta experiments with the cars.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Thank you, thank you.

after so many tries and no luck with all powerful cars, I went back to start with mini and still no luck. I was about the break my Vita until I see ur post.

After about 5-7 tries with Tesla, I finally got my last race done.

with Tesla, 1st one is a must. 2nd one inside the market is hard to get unless u make the first turn perfectly and pick up nitro and hit it. I found that u must keep up with at least 2 or 3rd to be able to see and pick up the orb.

I keep on restarting if I could not get 4 orbs before i start the road in the mountain and once starts with mountain road, there were about 3 alone the way if u can keep up to the first 3. I was finally able to get 7 before first lap is done.

Time to move on to Multiplayer.

Edited by Ecsw

Maybe my asphalt was broken... i could get in first np.. there is only 5 orbs no matter what car i used or what place i was in. There would be only 5 orbs on WHOLE of map. It took getting all 5 and comming around for last. And yes, i was in first ALOT ignoring first orbs just to see where more might be, took short cuts and nothing.. no where on map was more, just the start of track and last one would be in tunnel just as you entered it.. then 2 mins before you made it back around start of race to get first spawned one again.

Im still just glad to be done with that game.. just check here from time to time to see if others had issues.

Maybe my asphalt was broken... i could get in first np.. there is only 5 orbs no matter what car i used or what place i was in. There would be only 5 orbs on WHOLE of map. It took getting all 5 and comming around for last. And yes, i was in first ALOT ignoring first orbs just to see where more might be, took short cuts and nothing.. no where on map was more, just the start of track and last one would be in tunnel just as you entered it.. then 2 mins before you made it back around start of race to get first spawned one again.

Im still just glad to be done with that game.. just check here from time to time to see if others had issues.

I'm having this issue too. I've driven every different route there is on the track and there are only these 5, I've been first on all the various paths as well.

If someone could mention where some of these phantom nodes might be it would be helpful, ie any node after the tunnel entrance and before the finish line.

Update: OK, finally got it! Here's the lowdown:

After giving up first time (10 retries) I continued with the game, over the next 3 sessions I'd always do 5-10 retries on the Collector run. In the end I was consistently 1st place, I'd been all over the track, different routes, both sides of barriers which shouldn't block the node and all. Still only the 5 nodes at start and on a slow car I'd make it to just before reaching 1st node of 2nd lap, and on the faster cars the CPU would always pick up 1 node in 1st lap or I'd miss it, and I couldn't get to the 2nd in Lap 2.

Then last night, I'd been tryin & tryin, still nothing, went and did some trades in Uncharted & then came back for a few more tries before going to bed, and all of the sudden there were nodes everywhere, I ended up with 10!!!

As you exit the tunnel there's 1, loads along the mountain road, all in plain sight spot in the middle of the road. And they weren't there before. I've raced this crap almost 40 times (or at least the start section ;p) without there being a single one after tunnel entrance.

So this is apparently a very weird and random glitch, glad I got over it. 9 races left for plat now :D

Edited by Pinhead

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/7/2012 at 2:16 AM, mattybell2117 said:

Try using the Tesla Roadster (the second car or something). I tried the ferrari a couple times but the problems with having a car that fast is it's really tough to take the turns properly. I got 7 icons or whatever on my first try using the tesla (buy all the upgrades). I got out in front and got the first icon, missed the second, got the third, missed the fourth, then got basically all of em in the first lap after that and finished with the first one on the second lap. I figured this would be a huge pain in the ass but you just gotta experiments with the cars.

Thanks a lot a tip from 2012 and nearly 10 years later gelps me 

Thanks again 👍 I nearly went and grinded out the stars for the best car but tried Tesla 

• 8 months later...

Finally pulled this off after about 20 attempts using the Tesla car. I could only get 5 orbs on the first lap, and barely made it into the 2nd lap and hit adrenaline and managed to nap the first orb of the level bringing my total up to 6. This course is to narrow and curvy to go with a fast car. Collector and Elimination races are the worst.

EDIT: I hate racing the Hong Kong race on any event. Such a crappy track. 

Edited by ryaneyeball88