Favorite Author

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J.R.R Tolkien, J.K Rowling.

Tempted to fill in Jo nesbø (crime/thriller) but I hasn't really read anything from hit. I assume that he is good since his books are translated to more than 40 languages.

George R.R Martin has a good writing style and it's a enjoyable read. Though, hasn't finished his first book yet so I have a lot to reading to do. :p

Max Brooks!

He can be completely hilarious and completely serious.

Mark Twain is a close second.

For a few years it was Chuck Palahniuk - Fight Club, Survivor, Invisible Monsters, but then after those first three, his books got progressively worse to me. Now I'm not even excited when a new novel is released. I thought maybe I just got tired of his style, but then I reread both Fight Club and Survivor and still loved them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if i had to pick a favorite, it might be kurt vonnegut.

it is very hard to pick a favorite though. i am drawn to authors with heavy real world senses, like vonnegut and also edgar allan poe, ayn rand, ursula k. leguin. another of the best storytellers i ever read was isaac asimov. i am into a lot of science fiction, so of course ray bradbury and orson scott card as well. then there are children's authors i read a lot of and still admire the amazing creativity and depth of their work: dr. seuss, maurice sendak, shel silverstein.

i wish i could read every great book or story ever written, but i will die knowing i read at least some of the best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...