Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Platinum Difficulty Rating

Rate the trophy difficulty  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

I gave it a 1. Even if you do get stuck trying to obtain gold files on hard mode, you can always resort to an online guide if you're at your wits end. There's no skill involved, there are no missable trophies and 80% of the game just requires you to read text anyway. Although if you buy this game solely for trophies, skipping through the story and using google to find out instantly the pass codes for the escape rooms, then you're a horrible person who doesn't deserve a great gaming experience like Virtue's Last Reward offers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/10, only because I solved most of the puzzles without the use of the guide. If you were to use the guide to solve the puzzles, then there is literally no form of difficulty to the game. All just a matter of reading and choosing either Ally or Betray for the most part.

If you use the guide, there is no way it could be more than 1. If you reference the guide when you get stuck, maybe a 2. No guide 4, maybe. It is not a game, it is a visual novel with some puzzle solving. But you should definitely experience it, not because of easy plat - but because of one of the best stories I have experienced in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just knocked it out. Gave it a two. Wasn't difficult at all. But it would be substantially more difficult without the luxury of a guide at some points. This took me 42 hours to get the platinum. But I didn't follow a flow chart guide to minimize the jumping around and I skipped almost nothing. I also have a habit of setting the vita down with the game still running and the screen on while I do other shit which also adds to my time. All in all I liked the game a lot. Some parts were a little lengthy and they had a tendency of over-explaining/analysing things at some parts. (Luna's ending seemed annoyingly long and drawn out for some reason) But, the quality of the story and the puzzles make up for it. The difficulty a 2/10. The game a 9/10.

• 4 weeks later...

Without a guide (as many others have said) this game would be pretty damn hard. I tried to do my first playthrough without a guide and almost gave up out of frustration at some points. Without a guide, I'd give it a 7-8/10. A guide makes this game a piece of cake, so I definitely have to give a big THANK YOU to the guide creator. Both the optimal path guide and escape guide were life-savers.

Other than that, I gave it a 2. Very, very, very good game.

I really got into this game from the very beginning. Could not put it down. Loved all the characters, could not wait to get to the puzzles, even the music is still stuck in my head. But I got to say, when I got to the very end... the very very end, where everything gets explained, it literally put me to sleep. An awesome game still.:) Once I got the feel for how the puzzles worked, not that hard at all, needed a guide for locks and endings though. Giving it a 3.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 3. Without a guide i think this game is a 4 or 5. Some of the puzzles and working out required to get some of the gold files are from straight forward. One puzzle had me stuck for over an hour just trying to make a parallelogram out of certain shapes :@

With a guide though this game is a 1. You just do exactly as it says and you can not really go wrong.

Thought the game was fantastic, never really experienced a game like this before and though there is hours of reading dialogue I never really found myself bored.

The game is pretty easy. Played through it on hard, never changed the setting and got most secret passwords before I even figured out how to do the puzzle right :D

Only used a guide for the dice puzzle in the Q-Room because I couldn't be arsed to spend any longer on the presumably last puzzle.

If you have any basic knowledge of math and can think logically, then the puzzles are piss easy or at least easy to try and error. If you still have problems you can always change it to easy, get your clues and put in the same passwords after starting again on hard.

gave it a 2 all in all its a pretty straight forward game with the only parts being hard are the security room and the q room mostly because the guide doesn't properly explain what you need to do for part of the puzzle (maybe a typo or something) still easy though great game though. It was the worst news of my day when I heard that the company had gone out of business :(

I voted a 1, no problems for anyone earning the trophies in this game, as you could just consult a guide. I played through the game on hard mode without using a guide and i really enjoyed solving all the escape rooms, such an incredible experience, the story is so well thought out and fascinating. If your a PS+ member you have to play this game and if your not go out and buy it right now, RIGHT NOW! I just bought 999 i need more.

2/10 Only one or two of the puzzles gave me any trouble, including the last dice game in the "q" room. Luckily, though, I was able to find a video on YouTube to help me solve it. I used the guide on this site, but it had a few mistakes in it.. Anyway, this was an easy game that is very long winded.