Tutorial: How to speed up SEN (PSN) account creation (for boosting)

dernop

Hi,

since im currently in a boosting club to boost the 1000 ratings i created a little javascript tool to speed up the SEN account creation. it just helps you with little of the work, but at least you don't have to enter the same data over and over again.

(i just noticed after writing that it looks quite much and complex. but dont let the amount of text misguide you... it's really simple and done in a minute or two)

Step 1:

Copy&Paste the following javascript snippet into any texteditor (notepad is just fine):

javascript:_p='PREFIX';_pwd='PASSWORD1';_d='@mailinator.com';_c=new Date();_c=_c.getHours()+''+_c.getMinutes()+''+_c.getSeconds();$('#account_loginNameField').val(_p+_c+_d);$('#account_genderFieldMaleField').click();$('#dayDropDown').val(1);$('#monthDropDown').val(1);$('#yearDropDown').val(1990);$('#account_passwordField').val(_pwd);$('#confirmPasswordField').val(_pwd);$('#recaptcha_response_field').focus();void(0)

Notice those uppercase words there in the beginning? You have to change them to personalize it for you. 'PREFIX' is the prefix of the mailaddress it generated for you and 'PASSWORD1' is the password you want to use for that SEN account.

So let's say i want to use my nick for that, i would replace 'PREFIX' with 'dernop' (uppercase not necessary) and 'PASSWORD1' with 'secretpass!'.

(Just for your -technical- info:The script will then add the current hour, minute and second to that prefix and finally add the '@mailinator.com' suffix. That was just the simplest method to create unique mailaddresses i could currently think of and i didnt want to use random numbers.

Example: If it's 12:03:20 o'clock, it would generate the address 'dernop12320@mailinator.com' - yes, the leading zeros get cut off)

Step 2:

Create a new bookmark in your browser (i used firefox), preferably in your top bookmark bar directly under the address bar for easier access.

As name choose: "SEN Account", or anything you want. doesnt really matter.

In the "Address" or URL field you have to input the personalized code from step 1! Make sure everything is still in ONE LINE or it wont work. Double or triple check it ;)

Step 3:

Go to the following URL to register a new SEN account:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/pc/reg/account/create-account!input.action?service-entity=psn

*edit* pure_evil_kid suggested this new link, since it will take you to the account details page you need to enter anyways right after the creation. thanks!

Notice the "en_GB" in the end of the URL. It will set your country to UK by default. I only did this, because my script WONT work for USA for example because you additionally have to enter the state you live in!

Step 4:

When the account creation page has loaded completely, just click the bookmark created in step 2 once. It should fill out all the required fields automatically and even set the focus on the "captcha" field. So all there is left to do, after clicking the bookmark, is to type in the capture and click the "I Agree. Create my account" button...

You should then be redirected to your account, where you can also input your "online id" (PSN).

I just used this a couple of times and it really helped me. It doesnt do much of the work, but at least you dont have to insert your data (especially password twice) over and over again.

I hope you can use this and it works for you as it did for me. If anyone is having issues or the script has a bug (which can perfectly be the case), please let me know.

Let me also know if someone can't follow this tutorial or is having problems with the javascript-bookmark. Perhaps we can work on better instructions then.

regards,

dernop

Edited by dernop
new SEN link

Isn't this little bit like hacking?

absolutely not, in my opinion. it's just a little tool that helps you filling out a webform, this is hardly hacking!

you still have to type in the "anti-hacking-part" (read: the captcha) anyways.

it just speeds up this very stupid and repetitive task of creating accounts.

or in other words: it's definitely not more "hacking" than the stupid, repetitive creation of fake-accounts just for trophy boosting purposes anyways.

because i'm not really sure that is even allowed when doing it 100% manually :)

but if a mod or anyone thinks this could be a bit delicate or sensitive, please feel free to lock or delete this topic of course!

i just wanted to help the boosters ;)

dernop

nice, happy to hear that.

it should be mentioned that SEN needs you to input at least you basic information like first and last name, street and city/zip code. im doing this also via the SEN webpage, since it works way faster for me.

i even made a second shortcut to the page:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/profile/edit-location!input.action

which leads you directly to the form where you can input your personal data. just visit this url above as "step 5", right after your account has been created and you are automatically logged in.

what's still annoying: adding those new users in your ps3... and the limit of 16 of course ;)

dernop

i think i actually found a quicker way, try it out if you don't find it faster then sorry. as you spend a lot of the time adding the account to your ps3 i tried just doing the whole thing on there but taking shortcuts and it works like this

- add new user and sign in as it

- go to sign up for psn and then create new account

- enter the date of birth just 01 01 and any year (probably 80s so its over 18)

- you don't need a valid email just one that looks right (as@ds.com)

- a quick passwork with letters & numbers

- for your place of birth just enter 'g' (the letter your cursor is on)

- make up a quick id

- for your name just add 'g' to both first and last

- for address you only need street 1 and city, again just add a 'g' in each

thats all the info it requires and this takes me about 1 min per account, fully created and on the system making waiting for viewer to load the longest part ! I just managed 15 new accounts all loaded and rated in 45 mins

hope it works out better for people

Edited by mattvr4

i think i actually found a quicker way, try it out if you don't find it faster then sorry. as you spend a lot of the time adding the account to your ps3 i tried just doing the whole thing on there but taking shortcuts and it works like this

yes, this should be even quicker because you can create an account and are already logged in etc, but like i already mentioned there is a 64 account limit for one ps3... so you will lock yourself out really quick AND afaik you will never be able to create another (even "legit") account with your ps3 again.

i dont know if this limit ever resets... :(

dernop

• 2 months later...

:confused:

So I have tried this today. I want to see if it works for Modnation Racers before I try this with Singstar, as I will need plenty more accounts than this. I copied the info in the grey box into Microsoft Word 2003.

I then manually replaced the PREFIX with a3070nameke and PASSWORD 1 with a password I have created. The date doesn't magically appear in the script, and the mailinator address doesn't appear.

Also, I have FireFox, too. I went to "Favorites" and clicked on that, and "Add to Favories", but it would only add the current page.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

so if i create accounts online do they not count toward the 64 accounts allowed on your system? I am still confused about that. The way I understood it was that no matter how you create your accounts (ps3 or pc) that only 64 are ever allowed on your console? Is this true? I was just looking for clarification.

I bought used PS3 and start rating , when I'v reached 58 accounts PSN refuse to create new via PS3 "maximum account for this system was created, try to use existings accounts" - it shows every day, so it is true then I'v find this script for fast creating via www, and it takes only 1 min per account.

So better use www than PS3 for creating new accounts and then on PS3 during creating, chose existing account

Create new PSN account

Edited by polx02

• 2 weeks later...

I copied and pasted the java script into my text editor and replaced the "variables" mentioned. Now what?

Step 2 mentions a personalized code from step 1? When and how is this generated? How do you run the java script in step one?

Hi,

since im currently in a boosting club to boost the 1000 ratings i created a little javascript tool to speed up the SEN account creation. it just helps you with little of the work, but at least you don't have to enter the same data over and over again.

(i just noticed after writing that it looks quite much and complex. but dont let the amount of text misguide you... it's really simple and done in a minute or two)

Step 1:

Copy&Paste the following javascript snippet into any texteditor (notepad is just fine):

javascript:_p='PREFIX';_pwd='PASSWORD1';_d='@mailinator.com';_c=new Date();_c=_c.getHours()+''+_c.getMinutes()+''+_c.getSeconds();$('#account_loginNameField').val(_p+_c+_d);$('#account_genderFieldMaleField').click();$('#dayDropDown').val(1);$('#monthDropDown').val(1);$('#yearDropDown').val(1990);$('#account_passwordField').val(_pwd);$('#confirmPasswordField').val(_pwd);$('#recaptcha_response_field').focus();void(0)

Notice those uppercase words there in the beginning? You have to change them to personalize it for you. 'PREFIX' is the prefix of the mailaddress it generated for you and 'PASSWORD1' is the password you want to use for that SEN account.

So let's say i want to use my nick for that, i would replace 'PREFIX' with 'dernop' (uppercase not necessary) and 'PASSWORD1' with 'secretpass!'.

(Just for your -technical- info:The script will then add the current hour, minute and second to that prefix and finally add the '@mailinator.com' suffix. That was just the simplest method to create unique mailaddresses i could currently think of and i didnt want to use random numbers.

Example: If it's 12:03:20 o'clock, it would generate the address 'dernop12320@mailinator.com' - yes, the leading zeros get cut off)

Step 2:

Create a new bookmark in your browser (i used firefox), preferably in your top bookmark bar directly under the address bar for easier access.

As name choose: "SEN Account", or anything you want. doesnt really matter.

In the "Address" or URL field you have to input the personalized code from step 1! Make sure everything is still in ONE LINE or it wont work. Double or triple check it ;)

Step 3:

Go to the following URL to register a new SEN account:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/pc/reg/account/create-account!input.action?service-entity=psn

*edit* pure_evil_kid suggested this new link, since it will take you to the account details page you need to enter anyways right after the creation. thanks!

Notice the "en_GB" in the end of the URL. It will set your country to UK by default. I only did this, because my script WONT work for USA for example because you additionally have to enter the state you live in!

Step 4:

When the account creation page has loaded completely, just click the bookmark created in step 2 once. It should fill out all the required fields automatically and even set the focus on the "captcha" field. So all there is left to do, after clicking the bookmark, is to type in the capture and click the "I Agree. Create my account" button...

You should then be redirected to your account, where you can also input your "online id" (PSN).

I just used this a couple of times and it really helped me. It doesnt do much of the work, but at least you dont have to insert your data (especially password twice) over and over again.

I hope you can use this and it works for you as it did for me. If anyone is having issues or the script has a bug (which can perfectly be the case), please let me know.

Let me also know if someone can't follow this tutorial or is having problems with the javascript-bookmark. Perhaps we can work on better instructions then.

regards,

dernop

The 'personalized code' is just your edited version of that javascript text (with your own password and details you want). Then go through Step 2. You don't actually run the script at all until Step 4. Go to the link in Step 3, then click the bookmark you set up in Step 2, which should then automatically complete most of the form.

Hope this helps.