How to get Moth Trove

movieman20xx

Go to the hub world, pick up a light sphere and walk all the way to the left through the wall until you cannot walk any further. Easy trophy. Any help with the level locations of the moths would be greatly appreciated. Played through the first 18 levels and found 5 so far.

Any help with the level locations of the moths would be greatly appreciated. Played through the first 18 levels and found 5 so far.

The problem later on (at least for me) isn't WHERE the locations of the moths are, since you can clearly hear them as soon as you enter a room a moth is in, but how exactly to get them AND reach the door.

If you're having trouble hearing them just turn the music volume all the way down so their sound will be distinct.

The moths make it so hard to reach the door sometimes. I have 11 so far.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is required to collect all 30 of the hidden silver moths to get the 100% completion trophy. The creator of the game says something special will happen when you do, I assume something in-game rather than just the gold trophy.

30 moths? In the moth trove it says 15. Also I believe there are 5 moths per level.

Level 1

Stage-8

Stage-15

Stage-18

Stage-19

Stage-22

Level 2

Stage-3

Stage-4

Stage-8

Stage-10

Stage-12

Level 3

Stage-

Stage-

Stage-

Stage-

Stage-

I haven't started Stage 3 yet...& no I haven;t gotten the moths in all the levels, I just typed in notepad which levels the were in.

what i'm wondering is if there is a way to tell 'in game' which levels you've already secured the moths in. i have 8 so far and it's really going to suck to have to figure out which ones i missed. side note... it does say i have 8 of 15. hopefully that helps with the argument of how many there are total.

what i'm wondering is if there is a way to tell 'in game' which levels you've already secured the moths in. i have 8 so far and it's really going to suck to have to figure out which ones i missed. side note... it does say i have 8 of 15. hopefully that helps with the argument of how many there are total.

Yes there is a way to tell, just go to level one with the 24 stages and if you got any of the moths in stages 8, 15, 18, 19, or 22 it will have a moth symbol above the door along with the star.

Does anyone know how to get the moth on level 1 stage 19? I got the other ones from level 1...

Edit* I asked the guy how to get the moth in stage 19 and he replied in comments

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30idmNO6bFs]Closure PS3 Walkthrough Part 1: Levels 19-24 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by geoman19

I found one in Level 1 Stage 14 as well.

(When climbing the ladder at the start, jump left from the top and you will land on a platform with the moth)

30 moths? In the moth trove it says 15. Also I believe there are 5 moths per level.

Level 1

Stage-8

Stage-15

Stage-18

Stage-19

Stage-22

Level 2

Stage-3

Stage-4

Stage-8

Stage-10

Stage-12

Level 3

Stage-

Stage-

Stage-

Stage-

Stage-

I haven't started Stage 3 yet...& no I haven;t gotten the moths in all the levels, I just typed in notepad which levels the were in.

Edited by TrystenBlack

yeah, i noticed that shortly after i posted earlier. started up the game and, voila, saw the moths. what's weird is that i haven't even started the third door and i have 11/15 now. also just got the one in level 19... let me take a look again and i'll give you tips.

nevermind... i see you said he helped.

by the way... now i'm at 12/15. i've only played through the first two doors. too exhausted to bother anymore tonight (may not be able to play the rest of the weekend). so if anyone has more info, please post. any help is... well, help. this could also be of great assistance to one wanting to create a guide. not me. definitely not. no no no no no... not me. don't believe me... i'll prove it. years from now, you will see that i have never made a guide.

I have finished areas 1 & 2. I have found 15 moths so far. Here's my list:

1-8

1-14

1-15

1-17

1-18

1-19

1-22

2-3

2-4

2-6

2-8

2-10

2-12

2-15

2-19

When you hit the 15 and visit the hidden moth cave, something strange happens... The silver moths double and there's now 15 black moths accompanying them. Not sure what it means.

I have finished areas 1 & 2. I have found 15 moths so far. Here's my list:

2-6

When you hit the 15 and visit the hidden moth cave, something strange happens... The silver moths double and there's now 15 black moths accompanying them. Not sure what it means.

I can't get the moth in 2-6 for the life of me.....I'm guessing its where you jump in the water, but I don't know since I haven't seen it....

Edit never mind, found the other place to put the marble to go for a 2nd ride.

Edited by geoman19

The playstation blog says there are 30 even though the trove says 15.

Closure - PS3

I just finished area 2 with 15. I'm guessing there's 15 more in the last 2 areas.

I just got all 15 now also, if you go into world 1 again you'll see blank moths above some doors that weren't there before.....

Edit

1-8

1-14

1-15

1-17

1-18

1-19

1-22

2-3

2-4

2-6

2-8

2-10

2-12

2-15

2-19

After getting the 1st 15 these levels get moths

1-2

1-12

1-24

2-7

2-16

For 1-24 the moth is in the tuba

Edited by geoman19

Found the list, 10 in each of the first 3 areas:

Factory - levels 2, 8, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 22 and 24

Hospital - levels 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 15, 16 and 19

Carnival - levels 3, 5, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21 and 22

It looks like once you get the first 15, an icon appears above the doors where the missing moths are. That's the benefit, 15 = hints. You also need to collect all 30 to finish the final levels in the last area.

Found the list, 10 in each of the first 3 areas:

Factory - levels 2, 8, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 22 and 24

Hospital - levels 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 15, 16 and 19

Carnival - levels 3, 5, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21 and 22

It looks like once you get the first 15, an icon appears above the doors where the missing moths are. That's the benefit, 15 = hints. You also need to collect all 30 to finish the final levels in the last area.

Did you ever get the moth in 2-16? I can't seem to get it....

Did you ever get the moth in 2-16? I can't seem to get it....

I have not tried yet, no. But I will attempt it later tonight when I am home.

EDIT: I figured it out. You have to get to the glowing circle in the upper left corner. To do that:

1) point the first light at the top right glowing flower on the slope

2) point the middle light straight up and slightly left to make a nearly vertical platform below the glowing circle

3) point the last light up and slightly right to make a small horizontal platform

4) continue level as normal

5) when you start riding the light circle back to the beginning, when it is at its highest leftmost position, jump from it to just above the first flower you illuminated

6) continue careful jumps up and left to the glowing orb

7) place the orb in the new device up top

8) ride that light circle all the way to the top

9) jump off and get the moth

10) jump off that platform to the left and carefully make your way to the bottom

I'll try to post a picture of the platforms I took with my phone

Edited by movieman20xx
Update

Thanks, I was doing similar, just apparently the wrong way lol

Edit, I have all 30 moths now, nothing special happened though, purgatory was unlocked before I had 30 so you don't need all of them to unlock the last level...idk

Edited by geoman19

For any others having trouble. Eventually this guy is going to make videos for all moth locations:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjlaU4GDJTs]Closure PS3 Tutorial | All Moth Bonus Locations | Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]