The most efficient way to get "Ninja Lover!"

Hey everyone, I just got this trophy and while I was working towards it I had a couple questions that I couldn't find answers to, and saw that others were having problems too, so I thought I'd write this up. You will need two controllers to do this.

The most efficient way to get Ninja Lover! while also doing yourself a few favors in the process is as follows:

First of all, complete the story modes to get all the characters.

Next, go into Free Battle -> VS Battle -> 1P VS 2P -> Team Match

My first piece of advice: Don't take shortcuts. If you're going to be thorough, then be thorough. The primary mistake people make when doing grindy things like this is start to get tired of it and say "I'm pretty sure I already did x" and then later when the trophy doesn't pop, they don't know what they did and what they didn't do.

Start with your first controller all the way up at the top left Naruto. Pick him, and two supports that you haven't unlocked attack, defense, and balance for.

With the second controller, start at the bottom right with Zabuza and pick two supports for him as well, both of which haven't unlocked the ability to choose between attack, defense, and balance.

Start the match, doesn't matter where.

As soon as the battle begins, press L1 & R1 on both controllers to get all the supports out. As you use them in battle, they unlock the different support variations. You won't get them all through this, but you'll get more than 0, and unlocking their support types gives you titles and other such things.

Now, with whichever controller you want to lose with (it doesn't matter, throughout this whole thing) chakra dash (triangle + x) and ultimate jutsu (triangle, triangle, circle) the other character. I only say to do the chakra dash because some characters have short range ultimates and you want to make sure you're in range. Then repeat with the other character you're going to win with. Somewhere right after that, the supports should be available again. Use them all again. Then proceed to finish off one of your characters with the other. Battle ends, choose the option to go back to the character selection screen.

By using each character's ultimate jutsu you accomplish two things: First of all, you unlock the trophy for seeing 80% of the ultimate jutsu. Secondly and most importantly, you can later check to see if you forgot any characters by going into your collection and finding which ultimate jutsu you haven't seen. For me, I somehow skipped over little Chouji, and my trophy wouldn't pop. I was really frustrated at the prospect of doing every single character again, so I checked my collection and saw that I was at 98% ultimate jutsu. It was easy to see that the character I was missing was little Chouji because he was between Shippuden Chouji and little Ino (I think). Note: This is only helpful if you haven't been letting yourself get hit all over the place by the COM's ultimate jutsus. Ultimate jutsu unlock when you see them, whether you are the aggressor or the one taking it.

Once back at the character selection screen, use the first controller to highlight the top left Naruto and press R1 to use his alternate costume/ultimate. With the second controller, go down and select Haku. Pick supports for both that haven't been used. Enter match, hit both controllers' L1 & R1, use ultimate with player 2 (or 1) and then with player 1 (or 2), then win.

Rinse and repeat. Watch out for the Sand siblings, there are like 12 of them. Disclaimer: I don't actually know if you need all the variations, but I did them all before picking little Chouji, so I'm not sure if they were necessary or not. I've heard they are. Like I said above, if you're going to be thorough, then be thorough and pick them all.

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy your shiny Gold trophy! :dance:

Edited by atarasiirei

A couple of questions

1. As the guide says the main purpose of this trophy is just to use all of the characters in the game as the leader of the team, nothing more? So just start from top & go all the way to the bottom one by one & just finishing the match as fast as possible? The whole support thing for unlocking them & getting the titles/card images is just optional? The game just wants you to use each character as leader in one match alone & your done? It also counts for player 2?

2. As for unlocking all the characters support ability theres a few things a don't understand. You only mention to use the support characters no more than two times during a match but the guide says to use them 5 times. So the question is, use them 5 times during a match or use them 1 time for 5 matches?

So I did some testing.

One, I used the supports only 1 or 2 times then finished the match right away & nothing unlocked.

Two, I used the supports 5 times & sometimes it would unlock the supports for support 1 but not support 2. I would use the supports the same amount for player 2 but nothing would unlock for them.

I would play a rematch & the support 2 would then unlock but still nothing for player's 2 supports. Sometimes they would unlock after a 3rd rematch for player 2.

Edit: It seems that they need to be use at least one time for 5 matches.

Edited by Sesshomaru

For 1: Yes. Just use each character once, down the whole list. And yes, it counts for player 2 as well.

For 2: From Setsuna's guide and my own playing today, it would seem that it doesn't matter how many times you use the support in battle. You unlock "all support" for a character when you use them as a support in 5 different battles. Doesn't matter if you call them out 50 times or 0, they just have to be present for 5 battles.

Thank you for the answes. I got the trophy, I was able to finish everything much faster than I thought. Took only an hour or so.

I just worked my from Naruto & Zabuza & ended up in the middle. Along the way I just used whatever supports I still needed until they unlocked.

I also recommend to move the handycap all the way to the right so you can finish the match with just 2 ultimate jutsus.

This trophy is far easy to get in some steps

1.- Have all chars unlock

2.- Play in Free Battle (2P Preferable)

3.- 1P choose one char 2P next one

4.- For chars with alternate outfit or jutsu choose both the same char to avoid confuse and in no time the trophy will pop up

Hope this explain help a lot

Everywhere it it says "Free Battle" for Ninja Lover trophy. But can't I just unlock this in online matches? Of course this will take longer but I find this far more convenient than wasting my time fighting the computer.

Does this have to be in free battle???! I mean what are the conditions? 1p vs com, 1p vs 2p? I swear I've played every character at least one (alternates/supports included), granted some I've only played survival with. Please tell me if this is the case so I can have some satisfaction in knowing I haven't been going in circles.

• 2 weeks later...

And 11 days later....trophy lol. You have to use every character at least once alternates included, doesn't matter which mode (survival/tournament/free). Not sure if the requirements are to win as I'm sure I've played hidan twice now, the first time I can't be sure if I won or lost, but it unlocked after playing him a second time.

Thanks for the share bro... I have a Q... this MUST be done necessary in vs with another controller or can be done in Survival too??, I'm trying to gain some time meanwhile I finish the Survival mode... off course with 1 character at the time not 2...

Doesn't have to be with a second cont. I too did this in survival to be efficient with choosing every character while finishing survival. The same goes for tournament mode. I recommend team battles as unlocking every support character abilities is required I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
i have played with everyone ...every costurme and all used in a 3 team battle ...still no trophy....what gives?

Have u unlocked support types for ALL characters? Check everything dude....alternates with every available character even the young versions. Have u played the characters from story mode again in free battle? Story doesn't count towards the trophy, eventually you'll get it just a matter of time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...