Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ShadowAFC

Also, you can imagine whatever you like...

And on that note... I have a question:

Well, ok, EDI dies if we choose DESTROY, but that doesn't mean she can't be reactivated or rebuilt, right ? I don't know if Mass Effect has anything official post-story (from the games onwards), but I don't think choosing the DESTROY ending means all knowledge would be erased or forgotten. People wouldn't unlearn how to build machines, right ? If Mass Effect has an "expanded universe" like STAR WARS has, or if anyone would know if EDI could be okay after that ending, please, do tell. Thanks in advance.

None of the endings is 100% perfect, which I hated. I just can't choose synthesis, even though it looks like it is the perfect ending, but the way I see it, choosing DESTROY means Shepard lives and EDI can be reactivated/rebuilt (even if only in our imaginations). I just didn't like this ending completely because we don't see Shepard being rescued, meeting up with her/his friends again and living a normal life, and I didn't like the fact that EDI dies, as she was beginning to show traces of humanity (including, and specially, compassion;understanding;benevolence). As for Synthesis, Shepard dies and all organics turn into Saren or lose their identity as living beings, so that's not a good ending for me.

Edited by StephyMV

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the story throughout. Getting everyone together through major events like the genophage cure and bringing peace (possibly) between the quarians and the geth to fight the Reapers was brilliant. I had no problem with the choice of endings either, but maybe the bad endings have been over-hyped over the years? :think:

I chose Control by the way. No way was I going to wipe out sentient life like the geth and EDI, no way was I going to force people to be part machine. Control made sense, plus I thought it a little ironic as that was what the Illusive Man wanted all along.

More scenes instead of a little montage with narration would've been better. Conversations between the squad mates for example. But oh well.

The quarian-geth story arc was amazing and definitely my favourite part. I was always a fan of their story.

Massive RIP to Mordin, Thane and Legion. Very sad to see them die, especially Legion. He sacrificed himself to save his entire people from annihilation and slavery. Anderson dying was pretty sad too.