Favourite genre of music?

platinum

What is your favourite genre of music?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite genre of music?

• Reggae
    • Pop
    • Hip hop
    • Rap
    • R n b
    • Dance
    • Drum n bass
    • Alternative/Indie
    • Rock
    • Other (please state)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted rock cus its the main genre, what I listen to are all subgenre's :cool:

1) Second wave Screamo/Post- Hardcore:

This is what I listen to 7/10 times, this are bands like 'Emarosa' , 'Blessthefall' , 'Hopes Die Last' , 'Dance Gavin Dance' , and 'Escape the fate' .. I guess you can add the list ;)

2) Emocore:

Well this looks alot like Post-Hardcore except that they replaced they guitar riffs with metal riffs and the lyrics are pure shit (well all lyrics these days are xD) I'm not talking about the normall emo here (= EmoPunk) .. I'm talking about Emocore(Hardcore)

ex: 'Dear Whoever' , 'Dead By April'

3) Deathcore:

most poepple not seem to get that some poepple enjoy this genre.. And also 90% of those who listen are posers and only know 'Bring Me The Horizon' .. Yeah only thing I can say about that is *Sigh* ....

bands are : 'Here comes the Kraken', 'As Blood runs black', 'Suicide Silence' , 'Elysia' , 'Post-mortem Promises' , I could name douzens more (but I'm lazy xD)

4) Screamo (First Wave)/Hardcore :

Well the difference between First and second wave screamo is huge, 1 wave screamo is pure screaming, while second wave has lots of clean vocals in it . 1st wave screamo also doesn't takes really good with recording quality (its these bands you here NO difference life-studio)..

exapmle bands are : 'Angel Hair' , 'Calling of syrens' , 'La Quiete'

5) Metalcore:

Lol Metalcore I always here , oh well some of these are really good (but the most famous ones suck ass .. Bullet for my valentine and metallica as an example)..

GGOD ones are : 'The Devil Wears Prada' , 'In this moment' , 'Underoath' , 'I Killed The Prom Queen' , and personal favorite 'Iwrestledabearonce'

[spoiler=Examples]

ex:

Emarosa - Armageddon

Posthardcore : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TE8ITocaPY]YouTube - Emarosa - Armageddon[/ame]

Dear Whoever - taers of Ashes

emocore : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgqbY_1VU3k]YouTube - Dear Whoever - Tears Of Ashes[/ame]

Here comes the kraken - don't fail me darko

deathcore : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxi6tSCYygc]YouTube - Here Comes The Kraken - Don`t Fail Me Darko - Official Music Video[/ame]

Calling of syrens - Battlecore Galactica

Hardcore: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6DGRCTLS9Y]YouTube - Calling of Syrens[/ame] (THIS IS LIVE!)

The devil wears prada

Metalcore: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D01t_NpVJpQ&feature=fvste1]YouTube - The Devil Wears Prada - "Hey John, What's Your Name Again?"[/ame]

I'm glad you like my poll. Only problem is that I didn't include metal.

No you didn't , Metal is a subgenre in rock and you added rock ;) SO no probleme there !

Edited by Aepriz

anything that sounds good to me

if i like, i like

if not, screw it

mostly i listen to eastern stuff... i have no idea why i don't know most of the artists in america even when i live here...

Edited by Kage56

I voted rock cus its the main genre, what I listen to are all subgenre's :cool:

1) Second wave Screamo/Post- Hardcore:

This is what I listen to 7/10 times, this are bands like 'Emarosa' , 'Blessthefall' , 'Hopes Die Last' , 'Dance Gavin Dance' , and 'Escape the fate' .. I guess you can add the list ;)

2) Emocore:

Well this looks alot like Post-Hardcore except that they replaced they guitar riffs with metal riffs and the lyrics are pure shit (well all lyrics these days are xD) I'm not talking about the normall emo here (= EmoPunk) .. I'm talking about Emocore(Hardcore)

ex: 'Dear Whoever' , 'Dead By April'

3) Deathcore:

most poepple not seem to get that some poepple enjoy this genre.. And also 90% of those who listen are posers and only know 'Bring Me The Horizon' .. Yeah only thing I can say about that is *Sigh* ....

bands are : 'Here comes the Kraken', 'As Blood runs black', 'Suicide Silence' , 'Elysia' , 'Post-mortem Promises' , I could name douzens more (but I'm lazy xD)

4) Screamo (First Wave)/Hardcore :

Well the difference between First and second wave screamo is huge, 1 wave screamo is pure screaming, while second wave has lots of clean vocals in it . 1st wave screamo also doesn't takes really good with recording quality (its these bands you here NO difference life-studio)..

exapmle bands are : 'Angel Hair' , 'Calling of syrens' , 'La Quiete'

5) Metalcore:

Lol Metalcore I always here , oh well some of these are really good (but the most famous ones suck ass .. Bullet for my valentine and metallica as an example)..

GGOD ones are : 'The Devil Wears Prada' , 'In this moment' , 'Underoath' , 'I Killed The Prom Queen' , and personal favorite 'Iwrestledabearonce'

ex:

Posthardcore : YouTube - Emarosa - Armageddon

emocore :

deathcore :

Hardcore:

(THIS IS LIVE!)

Metalcore: YouTube - The Devil Wears Prada - "Hey John, What's Your Name Again?"

EDIT: I noticed the links I posted turned into some big youtube window, is it okay I leave it like this or should I delete the links?

:eek: Well, I am officially scares shitless. That's not music to me, just noise. I think I'll stick to Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and Disturbed, where you can UNDERSTAND the vocals.

:eek: Well, I am officially scares shitless. That's not music to me, just noise. I think I'll stick to Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and Disturbed, where you can UNDERSTAND the vocals.

haha xD , well I think thats pretty understand able, ever heared a black mletal band like 'Devourment' ? THATS just noice ;)

and whats the big deal? I don't like the lyrics now days , so if there harder to understand I got no probleme with it, as long as I sounds good I have no interest in all the rest ;)

you listen to anything long enough youll be able to understand it

some people have 0 idea what your fav bands are saying as well.

Disturbed for example...a good amount of time he's singing so fast most who arnt used to it have no clue what he says until he gets to "get down with the sickness" then the rest can be interpreted as "opuherp ur hey dadadad da ME"

anyways I like all rock mostly and the sub genres, genres, baby mama genres that come out of it as long as its good.

my fav band has been wrongfully defined as emo sometimes...which isnt a genre at all....its a fashion statement if anything.

all music is emo by definition of emo being short for emotional.

name me a song with no emotion...even the stupidest silliest song has some form of emotion (lyrics or not)

I dont rly know what to classify my fav band as (goth rock/metal?)....I personally hate all these fucking genres that people come up with now its too confusing