Will the DLC be getting any cheaper?

kargorath

At the moment each separate pack is £7.99 (just over $12) which is pretty steep for one, let alone all three. In fact it'll be more than what I paid for the game in the first place. I guess I'll just be waiting for a while for the prices to come down. Want to get the game up to 100% though as I'm a completionist and the game is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I ended up buying it. Definitely short and over priced as far as racing goes, but the additional content was worth it if you're into creating tracks, cars or mods. In any case, I doubt the price would go down any time soon. The latest of the DLC was released just this year (June I believe?). As far as the full content DLC goes (in-game racing content), they said this would be the last of it. Fortunately there is "strong potential" for a Modnation Racers 2.

I guess the advantage is, I think I'm right in saying this, there's no online trophies to the DLC so worrying about whether there will be players online or not to get said trophies won't be a consideration. Think I'll wait for a sale or a price drop. Well, at least, for as long as I can't take seeing 64% complete in my trophy list.

If anyone gets any more info please post back. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I tried to download a friend's "activation" files for the 3 DLCs but they didn't work to unlock the DLC for my PSN account. I'm kinda bummed about because €30 is a lot to spend on a few extra race tracks. If it was €15, I'd purchase.

When i was checking the forums from the official website, i think they mentioned a price down or "sale" for the 2nd anniversary of the game (that is in May)

Not sure if is true but try to wait until May for see, and beleive me, some of the DLC worth it if you like to create things (I bought all the props packs DLC for tracks and i enjoyed a lot) but if you go for the trophies, well mabye wait for a sale (or a PS+ offer)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...