Changing NAT Type Guide

JackParke

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your ISP made your parents sign some kind of contract which specifically prevents you from changing routers, there's no reason why you can't swap it out for another one (unless the cost of a new one is prohibitively expensive).

I did some more in-depth research (turned my router over and looked at the back :whistle:) and realised the manufacturer is in fact Huawei and the Model number is B683. I dunno if that helps at all?

Edited by Darth_Krid

Brilliant! Thanks mate :)

That's exactly what my router looks like in the browser. Now you see why I thought Viva was the manufacturer :p

One final question, should I take my PS3 out of the DMZ? I did that last but it had no effect.

Alright, I've disabled my DMZ and I've assigned a static IP to my PS3. Now, I'm following the guide you linked me to, and I'm up to "Entry #1". However, it comes up saying "The IP address is empty or invalid. Please type again!" Which IP address should I put into "LAN IP address?" Everything in my house is wireless btw.

Maybe the IP address isn't filled in on that site because it differs for everyone?

EDIT: Tried entering my IP address as 192.168.1.1 (same as I put into the broswer bar to get into the router) and it said the same thing about invalid IP address :(

Edited by Darth_Krid

I found the problem! If you go on that site, under "DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP" it says to enter Static IP. I didn't note it in there, I wrote it down. When I clicked on that box and typed in my static IP, that box changed for every port :) Going to try it now, although I haven't created a static IP for my computer yet, just my PS3.

EDIT: At the end of my fucking tether with this. Put my PS3 in a DMZ first last night, and that didn't work. Now I forwarded the 6 ports that Jack suggests in this thread. Still nothing. I tried to forward the 19 ports that was suggested in Terminator's link, but apparently my router will only let me do a max of 8, so abandoned that. Really don't know what else I can do. Apparently my UPnP is disabled on my PS3, if that makes any difference.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I am having the Vita Nat 3 issue - not sure if this is the correct thread for vita or not.

My Two PS3's (both wireless) are Nat 2 but for the life of me I can't get the damn Vita away from Nat 3. I have tried Port Forwarding and putting it in the DMZ (can't even connect when I do that) but nothing works.

I'm starting to think it is just my router - TG782T (on BigPond in Australia by the way). Any help?

EDIT: I changed my router and it fixed my problem :)

Edited by luckyluscombe

• 4 weeks later...

So the best Nat settings are 1 and 2? Nat 3 is not what you want? I am convinced I have read online that Nat 3 is the best setting to have. This guide makes Nat 3 sound like a big pile of crap. :think:

In any case I'm on Nat 2 and apart from the last couple nights when its been slow as hell (200MB took 30 minutes to download), the setting has been nothing but excellent.

Edited by JHChiBulls