Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

Origins is a super challenging game, but once you learn the "language" of the game, it's fairly straightforward to complete. I played through it initially when it first came out years ago, and then came back to it recently and got the platinum trophy. Awesome game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I considered a 7 but settled on 8. Some of the time trials are quite difficult and took me many attempts, even on some of the earlier levels. The livid dead level and some of the treasure levels are also pretty hard (and among the most fun, I think).

Anyway, there's nothing that anyone will find impossible as long as they keep at it, but definitely a significant challenge.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rolled with a 5, same rating I gave the Vita version I think (basically the exact same game).

The game can be really difficult in some parts, mainly with a couple of the time trials and the land of the livid dead. Thankfully it wasn't much of a problem this time around having done it before but it still wasn't easy. One of the water levels is quite tight on time in particular and Mecha No Mistake and the other final level can both be quite tricky just to live through at a reasonably fast pace. Livid Dead only has one difficult section as far as I'm concerned (the fire part) and even that wasn't too bad thankfully.

The game is still as fantastic as ever and I hope Ancel makes a third.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

5/10. It's not a cakewalk but not necessarily difficult either. Some speed runs can be done in one go and some take 20 minutes, I found the latter skull teeth levels the hardest though as they are entire levels of free running and if you stop or do 1 thing wrong you gotten restart. Pretty fun game though and quite short.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Voted a 7

Hardest things in this game are obviously some of the time trials and the Livid Dead level.

Good thing you do not need the 350 lum count for any trophy as that is nearly impossible in some of these levels, I often had a hard time getting the 300 count for the electoon.

Started out really fun, but then with constant unfair time trials, this game overstayed its welcome about 3/4ths way through.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hell is repetition.

To anyone considering this for any reason, think carefully before you start it. This was one of my most depised completions. The fun-to-difficulty ratio is terrible, and it makes the game more frustrating than difficult. If it was a hard-but-good game, I wouldn't bother warning you, but this is oceans away from Dark Souls or Crash Bandicoot 4. The number of deaths I had due to missing a jump by a pixel or two gave me a migraine. There's hours of unengaging repetition: nothing about this game is worth holding a player's attention for that long, other than visually for the sake of navigating through obstacles/enemies. The number of challenging and entertaining 2D platformers on PlayStation you could play instead of this slog is in the dozens...or hundreds if you look at other consoles/PC. So prepare to be bored to tears if you don't have something entertaining to listen to, or a couch co-op partner. Unless of course you don't care about 100%ing games, then just ignore my complaining. Still though, I can't overemphasize how dull it was.

TL;DR: If you are looking for the fun, easy plat that kids' games tend to be, give this one a pass.