Can't Platinum this game until the Online mode work?

AegisAvenger

Ok... so I think I might have a fix which isn't as drastic.

I too had this problem (UK copy on a UK machine in the UK) so I went around deleting all my many old friends who havn't logged in for weeks. Tried again... got the error.

I'm now at a position where I have 6 people on my list (I'll be re-adding people)... but none of them are online.

The moment I deleted the one who was online, went back in to try and it worked.

The solution might be 'delete/have no friends online when you try.'

This might explain why it unlocks without any problems for some people and why others have to delete everybody and some only deleted a few people.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's it for me either. I almost always have someone on my friends list who is online at some point or another (I have around 40-50, while not a super a lot, it means there's almost always someone online, if not 4 or 5). The times I did play online were either during the afternoon or evening, so it's not like I'm playing in the dead of night either when no one on my list is on. I don't know why I don't have problems while other people do. I do have extremely good fiber-optics internet, so could it be connection quality?

I live in the US, in case anyone was wondering.

I finally tried Online mode and had no problem, managed to get 2 trophies but I didn't finish Story mode, so I couldn't get the last online trophy.

All I can confirm why Online worked for me is:

1. I live in Canada

2. None of my friends were online

I didn't need to delete anyone.

So some people have been doing some experiments over at the sonic stadium forums and we might have cracked how to get this if you are having problems.

30 second test

•Delete most of your friends (Like have 5 friends left).

•You must have at least ONE friend within your list that has played Sonic Generations and tried the 30 Second Trial.

•Turn off, then turn on your PS3.

•Sign in to PSN and load up Sonic Generations."

Thanks to Crystaline Starlight for that one (she is a member here only I think she's under a different username).

That should solve the problem and get you the trophy, thats also more or less what I had, I only had 6 friends still on my list, two of them had played generations and one of them had definately done the 30 second test.

Second solution.

Yesterday when I tried playing 30sec trial i got an error. I tried 2 times going in.

Today i thought to give it another try and after leaving it for a 3-4 minutes time it let me in. I played Green Hill and i got the trophy.

Thanks to MoDeRn frokenok3 for that one. This person didn't delete anyone, he just left it until it eventually let him in. Try leaving it for around 5 min and see if it will let you in the GHZ.

Other things to consider

Theres currently an optional firmware update for the PS3 isn't there? I didn't have it installed and I got the error, anyone else who keeps getting the error have this firmware? If not it might be a case of simply updating to the latest firmware.

All ranking trophies

This doesn't matter if you get the error or not, you can still play the ranking mode even if the data doesn't load. Even if you see your time as being 0:00:00 you will get both trophies once you play through all stages as both Sonics.

All ranking trophies

This doesn't matter if you get the error or not, you can still play the ranking mode even if the data doesn't load. Even if you see your time as being 0:00:00 you will get both trophies once you play through all stages as both Sonics.

Oh thank god! Can someone please confirm this? I kept playing these stages but the time just remains on 0:00:00 on many of the stages.

Oh thank god! Can someone please confirm this? I kept playing these stages but the time just remains on 0:00:00 on many of the stages.

lol well thats how I got mine.

Only one of my times got added instantly, that was Speed Highway, the rest didn't appear to be added until a while later. The moment I beat Planet Wisp Act 2 the trophy popped.

So I assume that the way this trophy works is by keeping a log of what stages you've played on ranking attack as apposed to if you actually have times logged on there.

Dunno if this is of any help to anyone or they can confirm on deny it but there's a patch that came out in the UK at least a few days ago as I said here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/sonic-generations/133422-patch.html#post2280045

and I've had no trouble using the online, however I never tried it before so I don't know if it's done anything or not.

So North America is only having the problem and it's unobtainable until a patch?

Wow, SEGA sure likes making you delete friends for trophies. Remember the Dreamarena trophy in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing?

I'll just wait for a patch if this is the case...just like I did for that.

edit: Don't know why some people were having issues, but I guess it's random. Personally I had no issues besides the long "Getting data..." message which is most likely querying all your friends for possible leaderboard scores, so the more the longer the wait. The times would be uploaded 10-20 minutes after each stage completion.

Edited by zeociko

So North America is only having the problem and it's unobtainable until a patch?

Wow, SEGA sure likes making you delete friends for trophies. Remember the Dreamarena trophy in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing?

I'll just wait for a patch if this is the case...just like I did for that.

It's not just North America, it's worldwide. However, today I've had no problems connecting to either ranking or 30 second test, not once have I had the error and I've not done anything different or changed any of my settings (that I'm aware of).

Also, Sega didn't make Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sumo Digital did.

Whoa! Hang on there! Don't tell people to delete their friends just yet.

You can still get the ranking mode trophies even if you get the error, so do those first then try the 30 second test, if you're still having problems download that optional firmware update then try 30 second test again.

If it still doesn't work only then should you go down the road of deleting people.

• 2 weeks later...
i'm doing the "do all acts in Online mode" ...i finished short time ago the Greenhill one and my name had my record on it...

today i did the 2 following that one and...my record's not recorded in there?!...but my friends have it!

playing AFTER the patch...it's the only trophy left!!

I experienced this aswell but I found a way to update your scores. Highlight the stage you want to update and press :triangle: Now you will see the rankings of you and everybody in your friends list, if you have completed the stage you will see your time, if not you wont see yourself listed. Now go back to where you were before and your time will be there.

I can confirm that it works. I got a little worried at first, but i just played all of the levels anyways. Even though it does not have a time for me on all of the levels, I was able to get the trophy