why buy the psn version?

Because there's no confirmation that this game will be released on disc and because there's more to both life and the trophy system than platinums.

Seriously, this kind of behavior makes 360's achievements look so much more appealing just for the fact that there isn't a legion of ungrateful fuckwads whining every time something doesn't have a platinum.

• 2 weeks later...
Because there's no confirmation that this game will be released on disc and because there's more to both life and the trophy system than platinums.

Seriously, this kind of behavior makes 360's achievements look so much more appealing just for the fact that there isn't a legion of ungrateful fuckwads whining every time something doesn't have a platinum.

you said it bro!

and even so, what they did with back to the future? great, ppl that want a plat can get it, ppl that don't care have a choice and ppl that just want trophies (or REALLY like the story) can get both:P

so yeah ofcourse you should get the PSN version, the game is great and who wants to wait 6 months for a retail version that is US only?

• 2 weeks later...

Except I'd like to point out that some 360 games actually do have a "platinum trophy" achievement, which admittedly makes me a little nervous.

• 1 month later...
Is season 1 also going to get eventually released for PSN?

This is the question I'm more interested in also.

For the psn vs. disc question I'll always take the 5 psn episodes or the 1 disc with platinum. They're worth more overall trophy points and they each count as a separate game on the leaderboard linked in my sig. Platinum trophies are a little overrated in my opinion.. not that I don't enjoy getting them, its just not that big of a deal is all.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...

Do not purchase the game - just subscribe to PS Plus Premium even for just a month in that tier as it ends up being much cheaper with a lot of extras in tow.  Pretty sure most of us here (if not all) already have a PS Plus subscription, if it is Essential or Extra just upgrade it for the price of peanuts and get full access to the game.

I only paid an extra £3.49 to upgrade from Essential to Premium for a month - compare this to £15.99 had I paid for the game instead.

Only downside is that since it is a PS3 game it would only be on streaming and not downloadable.  We have a 350 mbps minimum connection at home and not once did the quality of streaming dropped nor had the game got disconnected.

Another plus side would be for those that do not have access to a PS3 console - streaming plays perfectly on the PS4 or PS5 and still get the PS3 trophies in the trophy cabinet.

Edited by Naps