UT Money Making Tips

Rawra

Not everyone knows the basic money making methods for UT, so I thought I'd make a thread to help others, and maybe tips/advice can be shared between members to help each other out, so lets start:

Bronze Pack Method:

Buy basic Bronze Packs (400 coins), most of the consumable cards (Contracts, Fitness, Healing etc) will sell for a nice profit, though sometimes they won't always sell first time, also keep a watch on the players you get, especially the rare shiny ones as they can sell for a big profit (I've sold a few 90+ pace bronzes from unpopular leagues for 4k+ each), though most normal players won't sell for much, if at all, so you can always keep them to work towards 85m value, this is also a profitable way to work towards Pack King.

59th Minute Method:

This method requires patience, luck, and knowledge of a specific market, all you need to do is search for your chosen cards (ie Gold, Barclays PL) and go to the 59th minute and hope to find some steals, especially as some people don't know the market and may list a player for a real good price, or accidently put the wrong price (ie 10k instead of 100k) and if you're lucky you might capitalise on their mistakes, though I'd only suggest this method if you; know the market you're looking at or you might panic buy on a poor deal, and have enough coins to make the most of the method.

Bronze Starter Pack Method:

To make the most of this method I'd advise you have either a Laptop, or a PC nearby to use the UT Web App.

For this method you'll need to use a second account on your PS3, when starting a team you'll receive a free starter pack, discard every card you receive but send 1 Contract card to your Trade Pile, than on the web app list a bronze card for 1000 Start, 2000 Buy Now, then search for your card on your PS3 and do a trade offer, send the coins you got from discarding and the contract, you'll get around 400-500 coins doing this method, than delete your UT on your 2nd account and make a new club, repeat the method however many times you like.

This method is useful if you're really low on coins, it makes roughly 10k an hour with a laptop, considerably less without.

Development Card Method:

This method is useful if you're low on coins, but the speed of income is slow as you'll need to wait for the cards to sell, what you want to do is buy Gold Contract cards for 150-200 and sell for 250+, you can also do this method with other Consumables such as Fitness/Healing as they sell well as everyone needs them, but double check the market as prices change a lot with Consumables.

General Tips:

• If you can, do any buying in the early morning GMT (from 1AM) as most UT players will be sleeping, generally this means prices will be lower.
  • Make use of the Market during Happy Hour/Jumbo Pack times by buying cheap consumables such as healing cards as people will be selling them as they buy packs, pick up any below 350~ and sell for higher.
  • Don't waste Coins on Gold Packs, it can be tempting to open one in hope of getting a TOTW or a Messi but chances are you'll get a couple of 75 players instead and make a big loss.
  • I'd suggest getting the TOTW trophy last, focus on the other trophies before you plunge all your coins in the pursuit of a very rare card.

Useful Links:

FIFA UT Web App: EA Sports Football | FIFA Ultimate Team | EA SPORTS Football

UT Price Database: The Ultimate Database

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good tips there raw, especially for those who are new to UT or those who may be struggling.

all i can add to this list is that remember everything will sell, but you may need a little patience sometime. there has been times where ive had different cards up for auction for like a week or so, but they did eventually end up selling without me having to reduce the price.

another risky strategy is to list a player for example for a starting price of 150 and not to set a buy now price. sometimes in the last few mins of an auction, intense bidders can take the final price way over the average market price for a player.

for example i saw a 433 nani with a buy now of 37k on the market, and another 433 nani with a start price of 150 who eventually was sold for 44.5k

Its a risky strategy as u may not even get close to what you may be expecting for a aplayer, but its one for the brave :D

Great thread, it's good that you have them all in one place like this. I had to learn all this looking at several different websites and YouTube videos. One question though, I've asked in other threads but had no answer yet... if I use my second account to make a UT and give the coins to my main like you suggest, won't I need an online pass for that second account?

Good one Rawra

I just wanted to open a thread with the 2 account method for getting coins and 85M

but you did it before me lol

-------- For 85,000,000 club value ----------

1- In your main account on PS3 put 6 players you don't need into Trade Pile

2- close your account and make new PS3 user in the same PS3

3- create new user and new PSN account

4- open FIFA, make another EA account with different E-mail than first one

5- open Ultimate Team and they will give you 22 Players

6- Send them to trade pile

7- open your main account on your computer using webapp

8- from main account put the 6 players into auction for 1K start bid, 5000 buy it now

9- from the second account in PS3 search for them

10- make a trade offer for each player with 4 players

11- you'll get 22 players in your main account, put 6 of them into trade pile again, and send the rest to the club

12- do from 1 to 11 again until you reach what you need

I did this method, it isn't easy or fast, but it make your club value 85M without loosing any of your coins

after getting the 85M club value and trophy, go to your club and search for bronze players and quick sell them all, you'll get around 37K coins from them

so this method is 2in1

Edited by ali-polo
added the Method

Great thread, it's good that you have them all in one place like this. I had to learn all this looking at several different websites and YouTube videos. One question though, I've asked in other threads but had no answer yet... if I use my second account to make a UT and give the coins to my main like you suggest, won't I need an online pass for that second account?

No, Online Pass is stored on your System so it'll automatically detect you have one.

And thanks for the feedback guys, thought it would help having the main tips in one place, some good tips given so far too ;).

Good one Rawra

I just wanted to open a thread with the 2 account method for getting coins and 85M

but you did it before me lol

-------- For 85,000,000 club value ----------

1- In your main account on PS3 put 6 players you don't need into Trade Pile

2- close your account and make new PS3 user in the same PS3

3- create new user and new PSN account

4- open FIFA, make another EA account with different E-mail than first one

5- open Ultimate Team and they will give you 22 Players

6- Send them to trade pile

7- open your main account on your computer using webapp

8- from main account put the 6 players into auction for 1K start bid, 5000 buy it now

9- from the second account in PS3 search for them

10- make a trade offer for each player with 4 players

11- you'll get 22 players in your main account, put 6 of them into trade pile again, and send the rest to the club

12- do from 1 to 11 again until you reach what you need

I did this method, it isn't easy or fast, but it make your club value 85M without loosing any of your coins

after getting the 85M club value and trophy, go to your club and search for bronze players and quick sell them all, you'll get around 37K coins from them

so this method is 2in1

Sorry I'm just not getting how do get 22 players in the main account on stage 11? if you trade 4 players for 1 each time and do that for the 6 players you put into the trade pile, surely you would only get 18?

Sorry I'm just not getting how do get 22 players in the main account on stage 11? if you trade 4 players for 1 each time and do that for the 6 players you put into the trade pile, surely you would only get 18?

5 Players each one will get 4 = 5*4=20

the 6th will get 2 players = 20+2=22

Normal Bronze Players won't sell for much, you're looking at 150-200 if they actually sell, though they can take a while, the rares can sell for much more, depending on league/stats you could get 800+ to a couple of thousand, consumables are usually changing a lot, contracts will eventually sell at 150/200 (I had about 20 in trade for past week, down to last 2 now, all 150 BIN 200), the others you'll need to see what they go for in the Market, healing cards can sell for about 600 or so I believe.

Oh and I forgot, I'll add a note on the OP that these tips don't guarantee instant profit, you may have to wait a while for a few of them.

Edited by Rawra

No, Online Pass is stored on your System so it'll automatically detect you have one.

And thanks for the feedback guys, thought it would help having the main tips in one place, some good tips given so far too ;).

OK thanks for the reply. I am doing it now, I have the laptop and the PS3 working furiously and I made 4k in one hour, how the hell did you make 10k?

OK thanks for the reply. I am doing it now, I have the laptop and the PS3 working furiously and I made 4k in one hour, how the hell did you make 10k?

I've only done it once, testing it earlier today before I posted, it's luck based on how much you get but I was doing a trade every 2 minutes or so.

I've only done it once, testing it earlier today before I posted, it's luck based on how much you get but I was doing a trade every 2 minutes or so.

Is there a way to sell everything in one go? It wastes a lot of time selling each player one by one on the team screen.

it depends on how fast you quick sell the players and do this method, i'm usually doing it for 3min/transaction anf I got about 9K to 10K per hour

and when lazy and do it slowely 5min/transaction I get 4K to 5K per hour

it's all about how fast you do it all

The starter pack is 22 player, 1 manager, and 3 consumables.

Personally, i do it a slightly different way. I trade bronze contracts for 4 players.

Theres good reasons for it, you have a fairly quiet trading ground, you can find your own start/buy prices which are fairly low and away from legit trades, and the best reason is that you get 3 consumables (bronze player or manager contracts) with every starter pack.

Heres what i do, fill my legit trade list with bronze contracts, put them all on the market at my values, 8 is the ideal amount though.

Trade 23 players/manager (when you see the team page, R1 and trade list him) via 6 transactions.

Claim & TP the 6 contracts received, and while doing that, R2 into the consumables pile and put the 3 items onto the trade pile too.

You should now have all players in your main account, and 9 consumables in the trade account. Transfer 8 to your main account, and then dont bother transfering the 9th, or the 2 you've just 'bought'

For 8 transactions, you've got 22 players, 1 manager, and made no change in contracts (you sent 6 then 2, and got 8 back).

IMO contracts are easier, because the ones on the starter pack mean you get all the players, and can do it all in 8 transactions, rather than 9 and accept at least 1 player loss.

Also, while your in the club area transfering players into your trade pile, just randomly tap [] X [] X [] X as it'll add them fast without having to pay any attention, this is good time to start listing your contracts on the Web App, as its a 90sec-ish window where you dont need to do anything, so its a good time to do that single handed.

I can do 5 starter packs an hour, and get roughly 1m club value for each one. Thats not too shabby, and as mentioned you'll be able to sell all the players. Im at 61m with 800 players. You'll probably need about 1000 bronzes and a fair amount of golds picked up along the way, at say 18c each, thats 18k you'll get back later once you've hit the 85m mark.

Oh, one very important thing worth mentioning, yesterday when i was doing this, someone was trolling my settings, they were literally waiting for me to start putting my packs into auction and they'd dump a couple in too. If you dont pay attention, you'll just dump your players into their trolling item. Im sure if they realised all i was doing was moving bronzes around, then it wouldnt be worth trolling my movements to try and snag something, but its interesting there are people trying to 'steal' your items this way. Wouldnt be the end of the world if you lost a dozen bronze players, but annoying, so keep an eye out.

Edited by PaulC2K

Getting close to 85m now - 73m, from 48m yesterday. Biggest problem is that for every starter pack you transfer, the fuller your catalogue of Bronze players gets, and the fewer there are which you havent already got (and therefor cant be stored in the club to increase its value). The good news is you still sell them and pocket the coin. Im now getting 8-10 dupes on a regular occurance, just 6 dupes is considered a good return (22 players, 16 clubbed, is a fair amount) so its getting less and less effective to the point that i think at 75m i'll have to stop and try and buy cheap golds for the rest of the distance, which is annoying cos i was hoping to have some decent money after finishing this and then selling to make about 20k extra.

10m value is a lot of gold players though i suspect.

Getting close to 85m now - 73m, from 48m yesterday. Biggest problem is that for every starter pack you transfer, the fuller your catalogue of Bronze players gets, and the fewer there are which you havent already got (and therefor cant be stored in the club to increase its value). The good news is you still sell them and pocket the coin. Im now getting 8-10 dupes on a regular occurance, just 6 dupes is considered a good return (22 players, 16 clubbed, is a fair amount) so its getting less and less effective to the point that i think at 75m i'll have to stop and try and buy cheap golds for the rest of the distance, which is annoying cos i was hoping to have some decent money after finishing this and then selling to make about 20k extra.

10m value is a lot of gold players though i suspect.

Yeah, it become harder after 70M value, there will be time that you will get 20 Dublicate players and only 2 will be stored

Keep transfering them and quick sell the dublicate players and get gold players for 150/250