Disgaea 4 ~ Road Map and Trophy Guide

Finally picked up Disgaea 4 (a store was selling Premium Edition for $30). I can't wait to dig in.

To be clear, you said to refuse the patches, right? I mean, I like Disgaea, but I also like duping glitches, and I wasn't particularly happy in 3 when they re-patched Class World.

Personally I'm glad I patched the game to eliminate the glitches. Might not have been at the time, but whem I did get the plat it felt far more rewarding.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
is there a faster way to level up insead of playing the first 1ep stages :( i got bored playing them over and over i'm new so thats why i sais 1ep

Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but if replaying the same stages over and over again bores you, then much of this game will not appeal to you. Almost all of the post game requires massive grinding to advance, especially with any speed.

That being said, for early XP, play the first few levels, or go early into the Item World once you can for some grinding. In teh beginning, just gring in the highest place you can. Any stage with XP bonuses on it are key for this. You can also throw enemies into each other to raise their level for a bigger boost after defeating them. High levels with invincibility panels are also great help.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see this on the guide, but it would be good if the guide creator add a note on it to the guide.

If people get the free Baal DLC, the game will add a sword between Death's Sickle and Kusanagi, as well as add 3 new specials to the skills list and both of those things became a requirement for the Special Stalker and Item Roadshow trophies.

The 3 skills are from Baal himself and the sword is awarded for beating him.

He isn't exactly easy, since it's Baal we are talking here, but there's a cheap strategy for him, basically Mode Changer Innocent (Victory Daruma from X-dimension will work), Trick Move evelity from Cat Saber and around 50 million status.

I was able to 1 shot him 5 times with INT at 53 million with a Cu Sith.

Baal have about 400 million HP (status around 50-60 million), and 3 Evelities, 1 deals 1 million Damage when deploying from the base panel (Mode changer and turn 1 null that), 1 revives him 5 times, and the other makes him not damage his own team mates (only on rematch).

Finely I'm getting close to something... was afraid that I would have to dupe more when I discovered that I needed to beat Baal, but that strategy makes him really just a push over (still only saw 2 of 3 of his specials, but I got special stalker before getting Baal DLC, so I'm good).

Just need to get some R40 weapons (as well as a r39 spear, since I have all other r39), 4 slayer weapons, 3 pirate ship parts (all from pirates :() and beat Pringer X.. not really bothered by him now lol

• 2 weeks later...
the pimp my ship trophy how can i get the ship parts and when will it pop excatly?

Some ship pieces and be gotten from torturing enemy units you capture, some are gotten by defeating specific pirate crews.

The higher the enemy unit level the better and some pieces only appear in the X-dimension maps.

There's a 3rd way to get the pieces (all of them), that's using the raffle tickets, but the probability isn't that great when the number of pieces missing is small.

An easy way to force the treasure to appear is to start a new cycle and clear only 1 X-dimension map (X1-1 works well), and then start making the treasure chests appear.

Also save BEFORE asking the unit to give you the treasure, not after and reset if you don't get a piece.

I think a good part of this is in the actual guide in the 1st page...

Also use this guide:

GameFAQs: Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (PS3) Pirate Ship Part Guide by wongEXE

Take note that the guide isn't 100% complete so you can get some pieces from other units (torturing related pieces only).

And a last thing:Artist Pirates and their respective path - Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

The last post on that thread is invaluable when to comes to the Prinny and Artist pirates (was trying for hours to get them, but as soon as I did exactly what is described there I got them...)

I almost forgot: the trophy pops up exactly when you get the last piece.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey guys im about to start leveling a item for master crafter trophy whats the fastest way for this?I don't care about making crazy stats just good gear that I can "dupe" and do not wanna mess up when leveling it ...

Edited by saber1129

Hey guys im about to start leveling a item for master crafter trophy whats the fastest way for this?I don't care about making crazy stats just good gear that I can "dupe" and do not wanna mess up when leveling it ...

Fastest is to use a rank 1 item. Easiest bad guys you can fight. Other than that, follow the guide as the rest is all needed. This is not a "quick" trophy really though. Since it takes so much time, that is why many wait to do it with better gear, because the benefit is WELL worth it. Will take a bunch of reloads, so your fate is more in the hands of the RNG than anything else. Good luck.

I am so excited for that game. First true sequel...

Yep!

Sticking to "lighter" rpg's until then...as I know that it will completely own & dominate 100% of my time once it gets here!

Did ya pre-order one of the LE's?

I'm cautiously optimistic about the strategy guide that's coming with my pre-order - AFAIK - it will be the first (and, possibly, *ONLY*) hardcover 'Disgaea' strategy guide -but- it won't be a "DJ" Disgaea guide.

Then again, DJ's Cross Edge guide was shit :(

Also, as a collector of Giclees (well...kinda')... I'm not sure if having five of 'em makes me a "collector" - I'm looking forward to seeing the (inevitable) new ones that will be coming-out :)

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...