Pack Rat and Gold Collectibles tips

zer0 sp

If you miss any upgrades, you can pick them up on subsequent "new" playthrus. I foolishly missed an upgrade that you spawn on, picked it up on my speed run and got the trophy. I haven't determined if this is the same scenario with the trophy collectibles trophies.

But I can tell you that if you start a "new game" it will show you as not having collected anything, upgrades or gold trophies. Now if my first tip holds true, then this is of little importance, except for the fact of keeping track of what you missed.

And in case you didn't know, if you go to chapter select, it shows you what gold trophies you have collected for each chapter.

On a side note, I am a little disappointed how active this board and a few other boards are over this game. This is a stellar title, especially for the $8 price of admission for PS+ (just 10 bux for everyone else).

Confirmed. Starting a new game does not reset the collectibles you have obtained in previous playthroughs. I was down to my last two and I found one, only to realize I had found it before. So I skipped it. I then found the last one I missed, picked it up, and unlocked the trophy.

Now we just need a collectibles guide to get the trophy guide started. I was set to review this game but due to work (the paying kind) and the other 6 games I've got to review I had to pass along this one to someone else at PS3Blog.net. Shame since I got to cover the game since it was announced, do a Q&A with the developer and was all set to start my run.

• 3 weeks later...

okay since there is no guide i decided to do a video walkthrough & added to the site however i have about 6-7 collectibles that i missed & keep missing plus i haven't got an all upgrades so if one could kindly state the locations of each i would kindly use it & make a video of the game walkthrough to ease things up & show other how to get 100% during thier second playthrough assuming they decided to play the game the first time & explore it as i did !!

• 1 month later...

I bought the game and did a runthrough a while ago in October. Haven't touched it really since. I did find all the upgrades but sadly don't remember where the heck they are. All I have left are collectibles 100%, drop/shoot 100 kills and the speed run.

Did you ever end up posting any videos to youtube or anywhere else?

I really enjoyed this game a LOT and would like to 100% it but just don't have the time to write up a full guide myself unless someone else does the trophy videos, then I will gladly write up a guide.

• 1 year later...