El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - Trophy Guide and Road Map

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome guide, i have been thinking about playing this since i got it for my husband last Christmas. im really big on platforming/action adventure types, and the enoch/metatron touch makes it seems perfect for me. the 9/10 scares me off though. the other 2 9/10s ive tried, both fighting games, i have yet to finish. though with this guide i think it might be worth a try :D

awesome guide, i have been thinking about playing this since i got it for my husband last Christmas. im really big on platforming/action adventure types, and the enoch/metatron touch makes it seems perfect for me. the 9/10 scares me off though. the other 2 9/10s ive tried, both fighting games, i have yet to finish. though with this guide i think it might be worth a try :D

I have to say that that the dificulty rating is legit. I only miss chapters 8,10,11 in hard mode to get godlike rank, and its very very hard :-(

I am that husband and THIS GAME IS HARD!!!!!, I mean seriously to get G rank you have to be like flawless, and then play with no armor on at all

only missing chapter 10 in G rank to get the plat...and i cant even pass the 2 initioal Acutmartyrs,,,these guys are tough to get their weapons exposed :(

Finally,after 2 weeks i got G rank in Hard Mode and the plat :)

Thank you a lot for the guide and the help here was posted!

Edited by Vyrastas
Double post

• 2 weeks later...

This game isn't too bad, I definitely won't get plat, but I'm enjoying a simple playthrough. Some of the 2D platforming is a crazy.

Anyway, who's brilliant idea was it to have a 2 minute unskippable "game over" cutscene showing all the credits whenever you get caught by the Darkness in the Underworld? :mad: What a stupid design decision. It's quicker to just quit the game and restart it than wait for the entire cutscene to finish so you can have another go.

Edit: Something that seems a little vague in the guide... you can unlock Hard & Extra difficulty, along with all the other goodies, just by beating the game on Easy. You don't need to do Normal on your first playthrough unless you really want the additional challenge.

Also, so nice that cutscenes can be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

One things about the guide (currently early in my first playthrough): The Eyes of Truth can appear in Chapter 3. Also, strangely, I got the "What's Yours Is Mine" trophy randomly during Chapter 3, before I met the servant beasts.

EDIT: also, i continued over and over as Armaros (and once as Enoch) on my EXTRA playthrough, and still got living miracle. Odd.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the guide AloysiusPriest!

It took me two years to get the (P) (I didn't feel like going for G ranks the first time I played it and only got back to it recently), and I used your guide the whole time! Lots of precious tips in there! :)

Obviously, the hardest part is getting G rank for each level on hard. The key is to understand how the grading works (collect every fruit of wisdom, steal every weapon) and which attacks to use for each weapon against each enemy. I found BloodyQuenchedSoul's video walkthoughs to be extremely useful with this. Maybe the should be referenced in the guide. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FZoaOwTEws]El Shaddai AOTM- G-RANK 'HARD' MODE CHAPTERS 1-3 WALKTHROUGH(Conqueror Trophy/Achievement)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdrIRtkJKwg]El Shaddai AOTM: G Rank 'Hard' Chapters 4-6 Walkthrough[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvEmUIeDb_I]El Shaddai A.O.T.M G-Ranking Hard Mode Chapters 7-9 Walkthrough[Conqueror Trophy/Achievement Guide)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E8p2sNI-gc]El Shaddai AOTM- G Rank Chapters 10&11 'Hard' Mode Guide: Conqueror Trophy Guide[/ame]