Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA - Dreamy Theater

Kogane no Seiya Sousetsu ni Kuchite (Hard)...

...can be Perfected:

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd512/Shiguma/PS3T/DreamyTheater2nd-ChristmasPerfect.jpg

As they say, "practice makes Perfect." ;) I spent a combined total of ~22 hours on this song so I'd like to share a bit of advice:

The true challenge of Kogane no Seiya Sousetsu ni Kuchite (Hard) is obviously the final section of :triangle:s in the piano solo. They are both nonsensical and rhythmless, and have little-to-nothing to do w/ the music. That said, you need to sightread them (as in completely ignore the music and simply focus on hitting the notes at the time they visually line up on the screen) and practice/understand their timing.

It can be hard to read those :triangle:s due to their tight spacing at the bottom of the screen (as well as the speed at which they are coming) but if you watch videos on YouTube, you can break down the pattern:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpU2RvrKGs]‪Project Diva Dreamy Theatre - Kogane no Seiya Sousetsu ni Kuchite HARD‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:triangle: - :triangle::triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle::triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle::triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle::triangle::triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle::triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle: - :triangle:

Practice this series of notes over and over again while watching the video - I thought of it as "free practice time" because unlike in the game, you don't need to play through the first 2 minutes of the song time after time until you get to the piano solo for a practice opportunity. When it is ingrained in your muscle memory and you don't have to consciously think about it, then try it again in the game. I think you'll notice an improvement.

Last, and maybe most importantly, take a deep breath before the piano solo, focus, and don't rush. Good luck to all. :)

Edited by Aeliana

• 2 weeks later...

for me i fail most of my notes exactly BEFORE this pattern - those double triangles on the top right of the screen, they seem so... unhitable for me without getting any safe or sad marked hits -.-"

well played it like 2 or 3 times yet, but i wonder if there is some "trick"

my main problem is - they appear always on the same spot, so its tough to figure out what the game wants me to do "due to their tight spacing" as you allready said :)

ill give it another few tries before i go to bed, lets see if i can get a run w/ less than 10 combo breakers :)

Those double hits are probably more regular than you think they are. Just on each beat of the bar hit two very fast notes.

As for the nasty string of notes in OP's post, just remember everything is divided very evenly - where there are two or three faster notes, they're even divisions of the beat.

I'd also put special mention in for the very last part of the song, where there's a string of triangles with little relation to any actual music. They're fast and kinda evil. The first time I got through the piano solo perfectly, I ended up losing my combo on the very last note.

• 1 year later...

Finally did it :).

http://s10.postimg.org/xivprxqex/pjd_dt_055.png

Edit: And again in 2nd ^^. I somehow managed to get the exact # of Cools and Fines?

http://s15.postimg.org/kvgdaw5l7/pjd_dt2_067.png

Len's dressed for the occasion. Maybe I can help some people.

Edited by XFox Prower

• 3 months later...

Still have yet to Perfect this song, on both Dreamy Theater and Dreamy Theater 2nd. Both the super fast double-triangle and the no-rhythm-whatsoever-devs-what-the-fuck-are-you-doing triangle chain is holding me back. It's all that I've got left for the DT Perfects and DT2nd Perfects (excluding All Extreme Perfects, couldn't be assed going for that right now).

At least my practice every so often is making slow but steady progress.

• 2 months later...

I need some advice or help with this song. I've got 8 hours over the course of a week into it, and obviously can't do the bottom row of triangles. The youtube video doesn't help me much since it moves so fast and you don't get any feedback if the rhythm you're doing is correct or not. There's gotta be a better way to practice just that section without having to play the first 2:15 over and over again.

edit: over 11 hours in and still can't do it.

Edited by Bsfoerwgho

• 4 months later...

Finally did it - twice today: DT1 and DT2nd

Got it recorded (the DT1 run as this is tougher to read and tougher to hit bc u cant use directional buttons for fast patterns.)

As soon as i get all my vid editor programs installed i'll cut it and upload a vid showing hands + button sound for the rhythm.

now i just have like 34 other songs to do @DT1 loool

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Thanks a lot!

5 years ago, I used your video to do free practice and made this song perfect in DT1, it took me 2 days.

5 years later, today, after 2 hours' attempts, I remember this thread, just half an hour later, I perfect this song in DT2 too.

So useful.

Edited by WJKloveMiki