Online: 1 (0(B) 1(S) 0(G))

Approximate amount of time to get all trophies: 3-5 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1+

Number of missable trophies: None.

Glitched trophies: None.

Do cheats disable trophies? N/A

Does difficulty affect trophies? N/A

Roadmap

"Annihilation" is the third DLC to the Call of Duty: Black Ops game. It features four new multiplayer maps and a new Zombie map called Shangri-La, the fabled far east paradise. However, the trophies are related to the new Zombie map only.

Focus on one trophy per playthrough. However, if you're the one who has the Shrink Ray in your attempt for the Time Travel Will Tell trophy, then it's best to get the "Small Consolation" Trophy while you're at it, as it requires a lot of luck.

The general steps are:

1. Play the game until round 4, or round 3 if you are playing solo, attempting to obtain as many points as possible (i.e. first round, you should shoot five times then kill with a stab). Ideally, that's when you should start working on your trophies.
  2. Make sure to have Juggernog if you're playing coop, and Quick Revive! if you're playing solo. Quick Revive! is right at the starting point, the Juggernog alternates between the area right after the mud hall, or right below the Mining Cart.
  3. As you work for the trophies, always leave 1-2 crawlers (2 is best in case one bleeds out). Leave one person to distract the zombie, when possible, as others can work on the trophies. (you get a crawler by throwing a grenade from a short distance, but not too close).
  4. Keep in mind that the Napalm Zombie (the 'burning zombie' emitting gas and heat) does NOT count as one of the zombies in the round, so if you kill all the zombies yet he is still around, the round WILL end!

These are the general hints you have to keep in mind, although the approach is at your own discretion.

That said, let's take a look at the trophies.

Trophy list:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/61.jpg Time Travel Will Tell (S)

In Shangri-La, acquire the focusing stone.

This is, by far, the most convoluted trophy in the history of zombies, and one of the more complicated ones out there. The 'Focusing Stone' is a stone that gives its holder all the perks, and it's located in the temple up the stairs from where you begin.

This step requires four people, and it's highly recommended to use a mic for coordination.

You need to bring on the power. There are four obstacles (debris/doors). To do that, you need to go to the exit left of the temple (you're right-hand side if you're facing the temple). From there on, follow the 'bolt arrows' that point to the direction. Go across the next area to see a circular door, which you open. Keep going and following the bolt arrows, you'll see another door, then debris, and finally you'll reach a big room with two switches with a statue situated in between. Activate both switches, and the power is back on.

(Note: before you work on it, ally@.co.uk suggested to play normally until you get the Shrink Ray, Pack-a-Punch it, get a Napalm Zombie AND 1+ crawlers. It's up to you)

Here are the steps:

Step 1: Go to the main area. In the central place on the broken walls by the Quick Revive! machine, you'll find four switches. All four players must press and hold :square: at the same time at each switch simultaneously. The scene will change to night, you will 'time travel.' (Note: almost each of the subsequent steps require 'night time' activation (henceforth: 'the Eclipse'), which allots a short period of time (Successful completion of some of the next steps will turn the night back to day immediately.)

Step 2: Send out two people, one on each side of the map. The one in the area with the mining cart should go to a button just outside the tunnel. Once pressed, different tiles will emerge on each side of the map. Via communication, the one in the Mining Cart (Person A) area stands by a stone tile, and calls out the symbol he finds, then steps back. The one on the other side (Person B) should approach each stone he sees to see which one matches that symbol. Once a matching symbol is found, Person B stays on it and calls Person A to step back on. If done correctly, the tile will submerge. If done incorrectly, the tiles will emerge again, and you'll have to repeat.

Step 3: Once that's done, head to the area with the 'mud hallway', take the left turn to the 'water fountain.' There, have three of your team mates jump in it. They'll land on a panel. As they stay there, the fourth person should slide down, grinding by the right-hand side to activate a switch. If successfully completed, it'll turn the night back to day.

Step 4: (This step requires the Shrink Ray!). Reactivate the Eclipse, go back to the waterfall, you'll see an orb right by the waterfall's top. Hit it with grenade or Ray Gun, and it'll fall. Shoot it with Shrink Ray, then stab it to push it into the the water pit. Follow the orb as it goes through the hoops until it ends up on a wooden pole. (See "Small Consolation" trophy for more info on the Shrink Ray)

Step 5 (This step requires the Napalm Zombie!) Reactivate the Eclipse, then go back to the tunnel by the Mining Cart (on your way to power activation.) Inside the tunnel, you'll find a valve and a lever next to it. Turn the valve FOUR times, and gas will leak from the ceiling pipes. Making sure someone stays behind near the valve, and another person distracting the crawler, bait the Napalm all the way to the Power room, making sure he sets each gas leak ablaze. Once all gas leaks are set on fire, all the way from the tunnel entrance right up to the small staircase before the Power Room, the person by the valve pulls down the lever. Once done correctly, night will turn to day. BUT KEEP THE NAPALM ZOMBIE ALIVE.

Step 6: Again, reactivate the Eclipse, then get four Spikemores (Found in the Power room. You can only buy two Spikemores at a time. You need to either buy it twice or have two people buy once each). Go to the OTHER cave tunnel (the tunnel after the mud hall). On the wall, you'll see four holes scattered through the tunnel; place a Spikemore in front of each one, then bait the Napalm Zombie walk through them. He won't die, but he will activate the Spikemores as he passes them. At the same time, make sure another person is distracting the crawler, lest he run into the trap. Once done, go further down to the pond, and you'll see a rock where it says 'Don't hold :square:'. Hold :square:. Ta-da. Night will turn to day. Feel free to kill the Napalm Zombie.

Step 7: Reactivate the Eclipse. Now, the 12 tiles will appear on the walls in the main area (just before the two entrances to the tunnel). Ten of them are easy to find, except two; one just before the Mining Cart (by the Gong), and the other in the power room. Stab them to activate them in any order. Once done, go to the Mining Cart, look beyond the patio, you'll see a wooden triangle in the distance. Throw a grenade at it.

Step 8: Reactivate the Eclipse, then go to the mud room with the circular rotatable stone wheels. First one on the left, switch to four dots. The one on the right is one dot, and the one all the way across is "[|*" Once done correctly, night will turn to day.

Step 9: You will need to go for the Gongs, but right now, you need to Pack-a-Punch ("PaP") your Shrink Ray if you haven't done so. To get the PaP, find the 'rotating statues' scattered throughout the map. There is a pressure panel near each one, step on each and stay there until all four parts of the statue stop rotating. Once done, go to the starting points and you'll be able to climb up the stairs to the temple. The PaP machine is there.

Step 10: Once you do the PaP, reactivate Eclipse Mode. Now you need to go for the gongs. Hit four correct ones out of eight. If you hit an incorrect one, the orb in the starting area (look up) will turn red. So use that as a hint. Also hitting an incorrect one will reset it so just try to look for the correct ones first and memorise their locations. Once you find all the four correct ones, hit them (in any order). They will make a resonating sound. Once that's done, go to the Orb just after the entrance to the Mining Cart area. Shoot it with the PaP'd Shrink, and it'll hit other orbs. Shortly after, a dynamite will drop from the first orb. So stay there to grab it as it falls.

Step 11: While still in Eclipse mode, go back to the starting point. Facing the temple, turn left and you'll see a palm tree in the distance, beneath the Eclipse. Behind it is a semi-invisible orb. Shoot it with the Shrink Ray, and it'll shoot across other orbs and eventually hit the Meteor above the Temple. The stone will fall, and the PaP machine will disappear. You're done! But not quite..

Step 12: Now you need to repeat the same steps as PaP to raise the stairs to the temple. Once you raise the stairs to the temple, go there and plant the Dynamite. No matter what, it'll push you down. And it'll turn into day time. Again, switch to Eclipse mode, reactivate the stairs (via rotating statues). Go up and pick up the stone. Doesn't matter who picks it up, all four people will get the trophy. Ta-da!

Here is a video by RoosterTeeth:

Edited by Terminator
Unembedded the video.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/62.jpg Blinded By the Fright (B)

In Shangri-La, kill a Shrieker zombie while blinded by it.

The Shrieker is a new Zombie, is pale and gray, has hollow eyes, always run, and appears from Round 4-5 onwards. He emerges in an 'elaborate' dusty twirl. Once he approaches, he shrieks and 'flashbangs' you. Make sure to aim at his head with a POWERFUL gun. Aim at it and wait for it to shriek, while blinded, start shooting. Once done correctly, the trophy will pop. It's best to get this early on (Round 4 or 5) as they will be easier to kill then.

Here's a video by FeXcEz-_-Sk1lLzz showing how to get the trophy:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/63.jpg Zomb Disposal (B)

In Shangri-La, dispose of a Napalm zombie without it harming any players.

The de facto 'mascot' of Shangri-La zombie map, the Napalm Zombie, like the Shrieker, is also particular; he is brown and orange, emits gas (lol) and heat, walks slow and he explodes upon approach, or when you kill him. The trophy requires that you kill him without you (or anyone if you're playing coop) without getting hit by his explosion, or the gas residue he leaves after he dies. If any of the coop people is damaged, no one will get the trophy.

Though you will likely get this without trying, the best way to do this is Solo. First, buy the Quick Revive! drink (500 points), play until round 4-5, then walk around and wait for him to show up. Once you see him, kill yourself or let yourself die, and then shoot him with your gun as you're done (Quick Revive will revive you). While down, hail the shots at him and he will die. No matter how close, his explosion won't affect you if you're down, which then unlocks the trophy.

In coop, unlocking this trophy unlocks it for *everyone*

Here's the method showing how to do it solo (video by me):

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/64.jpg Monkey See, Monkey Don’t (B)

In Shangri-La, get something from the monkeys.

The Monkeys are golden, and they will always steal the power-up that the zombies drop. When a Zombie drops a power up, wait for a monkey to pick it up. He will run away with it to the temple, so as soon as he picks it up, kill him, and the power up will drop down again. Pick it up and you should unlock this trophy.

Much like Zomb Disposal, anyone who does this will unlock the trophy for everyone.

Here's a video by FeXcEz-_-Sk1lLzz showing how to get the trophy:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/65.jpg Small Consolation (B)

In Shangri-La, use the 31-79 JGb215 on each type of zombie.

This trophy requires luck. The 31-79 JGb215 is the Shrink Ray. It's very particular in appearance; it is a rifle with a green dragon on it, and dangling chimes on the side. You need to pick it up from the Mystery Box (to locate the Mystery Box, look to the skies and you'll see a blue 'spotlight', which identifies its location). The mystery box is very random so cross your fingers and keep trying if you don't get the gun. Once you get it, you need to shrink four different zombies with them. Those are: the regular zombies, the monkeys, Napalm Zombie (burning zombie), and the Shrieker (pale, hollow-eyed shrieking zombie). The last two types appear at rounds 4-5 onwards.

Unlike some trophies, this is a one-person only trophy. So unlocking it for one does not unlock it for coop partners.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced some dead videos.

I appreciate your time and effort mate but there was already a trophy guide posted :cool:

Doesn't mean he can't post one. I respect anyone putting effort into a guide, even if they are 'competing' against me. Nice guide :cool:

Are you sure about "Time Travel Will Tell" being achievable offline? It does require 4 players, absolutely. Not sure how you're supposed to play with 4 players offline?

I am 100%

Edit: oops, I stand corrected! Haha!

Edited by DudeInDistress

Are you sure about "Time Travel Will Tell" being achievable offline? It does require 4 players, absolutely. Not sure how you're supposed to play with 4 players offline?

It has to be done with 4 people. I first played this on the xbox and I watch people bitch for a month on how you have to have 4 people to get the trophy. So if their was a easier way it would have been posted.

It has to be done with 4 people. I first played this on the xbox and I watch people bitch for a month on how you have to have 4 people to get the trophy. So if their was a easier way it would have been posted.

yatzer says he's 100% sure you can get it offline, but doesn't explain how so. I really don't know how you can get 4 players offline apart from a LAN connection, which is technically still being online.

Can you explain how we can get this trophy offline since yatzer doesn't explain how (unless I'm missing something really obvious)? So far as I know, you can't have more than 2 players in split screen. Again, am I missing the obvious? If so, then yatzer has to point out how we can do it offline.

Edited by squodge

D'oh! My bad! :) Thank you!

Not being funny, but do you play zombies at all? You would have known for sure that it's impossible to get more then 2 players in split screen. I told you it wasn't possible, but you said it was - and now others say it's not possible, and suddenly you agree with them.

Not being funny, but do you play zombies at all? You would have known for sure that it's impossible to get more then 2 players in split screen. I told you it wasn't possible, but you said it was - and now others say it's not possible, and suddenly you agree with them.

No I don't play Zombies at all. Everything just came to me in a dream so I wrote it down.

No I don't play Zombies at all. Everything just came to me in a dream so I wrote it down.

I'll assume you're not being sarcastic. :whistle:

In which case, maybe it's better to play the game first before writing a guide? Or at least test what you've written? The members value trophy guides, and yes that includes me - and we appreciate the effort everyone puts into guides.

But when you make a mistake, and you can't even explain to me when I challenge it (and indeed you carry on as if I'd gotten it wrong), then I'm afraid you have to go back and test it. If I'd written a guide and someone told me something was wrong, I'd go back and find out if they were right.

It was likely a simple oversight, as yazter plays Blops online regularly. No need to jump to conclusions here. There are enough steps in itself to explain for that trophy, and when getting thoughts written down sometimes something simple can slip though. Which is also the point of this thread.

I'll assume you're not being sarcastic. :whistle:

In which case, maybe it's better to play the game first before writing a guide? Or at least test what you've written? The members value trophy guides, and yes that includes me - and we appreciate the effort everyone puts into guides.

But when you make a mistake, and you can't even explain to me when I challenge it (and indeed you carry on as if I'd gotten it wrong), then I'm afraid you have to go back and test it. If I'd written a guide and someone told me something was wrong, I'd go back and find out if they were right.

I *am* being sarcastic.

I also helped a few people from PS3T try to get the trophy. I told them via mic too that I was retesting my steps, and they offered to help.

It was likely a simple oversight, as yazter plays Blops online regularly. No need to jump to conclusions here. There are enough steps in itself to explain for that trophy, and when getting thoughts written down sometimes something simple can slip though. Which is also the point of this thread.

Thanks, but I think squodge is being intentionally impertinent in an attempt to minimize, or perhaps tarnish my efforts.

His knowledge of Zombies is infallible, it seems.

Thanks, but I think squodge is being intentionally impertinent in an attempt to minimize, or perhaps tarnish my efforts.

His knowledge of Zombies is infallible, it seems.

Yeah, considering what I've read in the other threads around here I can see what is going on. You replied to TheManUtdFan's split-screen comment which was posted just a minute apart from squodge's. I don't know if the person realized that. Nonetheless, good work on getting that 100% back on Black Ops ;)

Yeah, considering what I've read in the other threads around here I can see what is going on. You replied to TheManUtdFan's split-screen comment which was posted just a minute apart from squodge's. I don't know if the person realized that. Nonetheless, good work on getting that 100% back on Black Ops ;)

Thank you! :)

And yes, that is indeed interesting! Also he did stop posting here after he put his foot in his mouth.

In writing my guides I have posted, unintentionally of course, inaccurate information that I rushed to correct when they were pointed out. I also like to add constructive criticism or correction for others when possible, and when requested ('please leave any comment or input'). So yeah, much like squodge here, I point out errors and I also make mistakes. The difference between him and me is that I'm not a dick about it.

On that note, any correction or input for this guide is greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by DudeInDistress

Nice guide yazter. A few things I'll say tho: Under the time travel will tell trophy I would just add that EVERY player gets the trophy. I've seen a thread or two of people asking if everyone gets it or just the person who "aquires" the focusing stone gets it.

And then I beleive you had a different video for the focusing stone earlier (the NGT zombies one) I would add a link to that one too, just because I thought it was easier to understand and follow then the achievement hunter. (Just my opinion)

Add any of this to your guide if you want, but once again nice job on it. :applause:

Edit: Sorry I might have got your guide confused with another guide when talking about the video. It's difficult when there's 3 different guides for one dlc pack. lol IDK if you ever had the NGT zombies one, but i would recommend maybe adding it, just as another reference people can use.

Edited by stegz17

Nice guide yazter. A few things I'll say tho: Under the time travel will tell trophy I would just add that EVERY player gets the trophy. I've seen a thread or two of people asking if everyone gets it or just the person who "aquires" the focusing stone gets it.

And then I beleive you had a different video for the focusing stone earlier (the NGT zombies one) I would add a link to that one too, just because I thought it was easier to understand and follow then the achievement hunter. (Just my opinion)

Add any of this to your guide if you want, but once again nice job on it. :applause:

Thanks for the input! However, I did mention that everyone gets the trophy (at the end of step 12).

As for the NGT, their explanation, I found, especially during step one, to be a bit too complicated and convoluted (despite the simpicity of that step). Also, they suggested 4 crawlers for the Spikemore step, when Napalm Zombie works just as well. :)

Thanks for your input, though! :)